• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Missle Command XBLA is teh prettiez

mildewproduction

missile_evolved002.jpg

Ok I asked my bird for more pics, but they wouldn't share the other games yet.

Would you all settle for another one from Missile Command?

missile_evolved006.jpg

Hunahan

Banned
The irony of Missle Command is that it is basically a first person shooter in which you do not move. Cursor, fire..... Like one step below "rail shooter" on the evolutionary chain.

It might do really well on XBLA, eh.

Tuff

Banned
Are they out yet? I haven't even looked on the marketplace yet....busy playing FFVI for the first time (Yeah I know I should of played it sooner, but at least' I'm rectifying the problem - like the only "cult classic" I never played probably...)

adg1034

mildewproduction said:
No they aren't out yet. They were just announced today, so I asked a little bird I know to send me some pics.

What other pics can your little bird provide?

LakeEarth

Looks very nice. I've always disliked Missle Command, but it looks like a lot more effort has been put into these 'updated graphics' which is definetly welcomed.

ZeMMiK

wauw wauw and wauw!!!!! thx for the pics!!!!! many many thx.
if you would be so kind to ask about tempest....I 'm only going to play withthe new graphics.

newsguy

Wow, Missle Command reminds me of my youth. I remember playing my dad's 2600 and these lines coming from the sky and not understanding what the hell was going on.

Beaulieu

ferrarimanf355 said:
Thank God the original graphics will be included. I'm waiting for more info on Tempest, though. I hope to God the evolved mode is like Tempest 2000. :D

They are going to do tempest on XLA or are you talking about space giraffe ?

C4Lukins

ZeMMiK said:
any new screens availiable of those XLA Atari Classics or other rumors???

Supposively Missle Command has gone tens of millions of dollars over budget, the team has increased to over 600 people, and the expected ship date is 2009. Good news is that they are using the Halo 2 matchmaking system.

Gowans

ZeMMiK said:
missile_evolved002.jpg

Centipede_Evolved3.jpg

this are the screenies

Ok cool, nice, glad there doing the upgrades on XBLA and doing them with 3D nice effects etc but tell me this, you can still play in classic "arcade perfect" mode with default settings etc.. Surley

Like Geowars, Classic & Evolved? yeah surly!

C4Lukins

Gowans007 said:
Ok cool, nice, glad there doing the upgrades on XBLA and doing them with 3D nice effects etc but tell me this, you can still play in classic "arcade perfect" mode with default settings etc.. Surley

Like Geowars, Classic & Evolved? yeah surly!

I think every 360 arcade game so far with upgraded graphics has also included the original verison.

robot

Does said bird know anything about the 4 player shooter for XBLA called Wingman? I've seen one screenshot at a recent MS event and can't find anything else about it. It's driving me nuts that nobody has any info on it, when MS said it was launching in the next few weeks. Looked freakin awesome though!

Top Bottom