• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good anime based games?

L Thammy

One of these games I want to get Dragonball Kai: Ultimate Butouden for the DS. It's supposed to be one of the best.

One thing I recall being mentioned was that Yamcha's what-if story involves getting killed by every major villain in the series.

Also, the costumes are pretty incredible. I can't find the video that shows all of them, but it includes:
- Shirtless Goku
- Teen Gohan's school clothes
- Piccolo's driving clothes
- Hatless Chiaotzu
- Singed Recoome
- Launch costume for Android 18
- Chrome dome Android 20​

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So far my favorite anime game in recent years has been Fate/Extella. I picked this up on the NS and put an insane amount of hours into it. I really enjoyed it and if you like the Fate series, it's worth checking out.

as a type moon fan its fine, but as a game fan...not really. lazy dynasty warriors clone

Eylos

Banned
No hot Goku?
goku_beard_by_naironkr-d9w7n4c.png

Gbraga

Fate/Unlimited Codes was really fun to me, but I'm not familiar with the franchise at all, so I have no idea if it's considered good by fans.

Inuhanyou

Fate/Unlimited Codes was really fun to me, but I'm not familiar with the franchise at all, so I have no idea if it's considered good by fans.

It was fine, i mean it was a standard fighting game at the time, but the production values were good enough and the endings very interesting for each character. It also scales up well via emulation. The actual visuals themselves in many ways still look on par or better than extella

patchday

anime fighters-
BlazBlue series
Guilty Gear Xrd
Naruto
DBZ Boudaki Tenchi 3

grinders --
Xenoverse

upcoming--
Blazblue tag
Dragonball Fighter Z

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ultimate moves that dont take forever, what? Ultimate ninja started the whole "ultimate moves take forever/flashy" stigma, and they got longer and longer each game. The first game to tone those down was storm 2. and they again got longer from there

And storm also has tournaments, you can make anything have tournaments, doesnt matter how in depth or not in depth the combat is

Rose colored glasses

that's the idea, in Ultimate Hero 1 and 2 they were strings of cinematic supers In 3 onwards, they became singular. In Accel they pretty much integrated the whole thing so you have singular supers now. Basically refining. And what, the recent Naruto Storm game has the super, cut in to a shitty monolog, then back to the super.

Storm has tourneys, but not as much as Accel's height from what I remember. Ultimate Hero and that GC game whose name I forgot had big scenes. It, Star Fox Assault and Melee were one of the few multiplayer heavy games in GC.

Inuhanyou

the dudes behind devils third are responsible for the next naruto game. Also xenoverse was crap, dunno how it got so popular when it was basically the same as all the other mediocre repetitive jank DBZ games after tenkakichi 3/burst limit. Want a good dimps DBZ game? Play budokai 3. I wish the team that did that game were doing something, last i heard they were behind street fighter 4 after they got done with burst limit, and then...

zoodoo

This is literally one of my favorite games of all time. Like, you don't even need to be familiar with Astro Boy to enjoy it. It's amazing.

I found it too simple and the enemies are just rehashed with different sizes. I think drill dozer is a way better gba game.

Gbraga

Shinobi Striker actually looks pretty good. I wasn't sure when they announced it, but the latest trailer was fantastic.

Kinda want to replay all the Storm games now, I'll get the bundle on Steam when it goes on sale.

Never played a Storm title at 60fps, it must feel awesome.

I wish they'd port the Narutimate Hero and Accel series as well, though I understand that it probably wouldn't sell too much. I could emulate them, I guess.

JMTHEFOX

- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3: Still the best DBZ simulator I have ever played.
- Xenoverse 2: Way better than Xenoverse 1, especially the gameplay.
- Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2: Had great gameplay that aged decently and a nice roster. Also, it had a nice soundtrack that is good as the anime.

The US version is (IMHO) the definitive version to play, since Treasure fixed the slowdown as well as adding a new difficulty mode, different enemy attacks and added more enemies in empty rooms.

There was also a PS2 Astro Boy game and it was pretty good for what it was.

There was even a game based on the IMAGI movie (which I liked) that used Omega Factor's gameplay but it was too easy.

butman

One Piece - Pirates Carnival. (PS2/GC)

Basically One Piece X Mario Party. Funniest and best One Piece game to date. Played japanese version back in the day.

latest

Funny thing was that the localized version was worse because it had many less characters (until Arabasta arc), probably because when they located the game the dubbed 4Kids version of the anime was in Arabasta arc, and the voice dubbing was a nightmare.

US title screen
Ei47AuC.jpg

JP title screen
FwHHuqg.jpg

s29014_ps2_11.jpg

s29014_ps2_18.jpg

Xb9TK7I.jpg

LordHuffnPuff

Neo Member
I know there have been lots of rightful praise for The Legacy of Goku 2 but let us not forget one of the strongest deckbuilding games on a handheld console...

Dragon_Ball_Z_LSW.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oh yeah Astro Boy Omega Factor was top notch too.

Expected a decent Astro Boy action game, came out with a really good story that goes all throughout Tezuka's works.

Though DBFZ will probably be good, it's not even out, yet.

But alot of us have already played it whether it be at events or during the beta. If we thought it was good during those times we played it more than likely it will be good when its released and the way they have been going its looking good.

I know there have been lots of rightful praise for The Legacy of Goku 2 but let us not forget one of the strongest deckbuilding games on a handheld console...

Dragon_Ball_Z_LSW.jpg

I LOVE this game. Top 5 DBZ games period.

benbeaux

Banned

Dragon_Ball_Z_LSW.jpg
I LOVE this game. Top 5 DBZ games period.

OaTEfnI.jpg

Legendary Super Warriors was so good. Having such a large character roster on the Gameboy Color was incredible, and there were so many customization options when building your deck. I remember it being pretty tough when you first start playing too; I should replay it sometime.

Igama

Neo Member

Not sure how it holds up now but I played through it a lot of times as a kid and was very fun.

The Legacy of Goku games have also been mentioned, although the first one is a bit rough. 2 is great, never played Buu's Fury.

Also, damn, I have to play that DB Monolith RPG someday.

Top Bottom