• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Gameplay Modes Trailer

Redx508

https://youtu.be/1_I7-IdV954

- Arcade Mode
- Full length story mode WITH additional side chapters dedicated to non-Mishimas
- 36+ characters included
- 18+ stages included
- You can play certain Tekken battles from previous games as seen with the Jack-4 fight
- Treasure Battle looks like a "Super Ghost Mode" with special matches added that also separates your online and offline rank
- Every single Tekken game opening/ending can be viewed
- Customization on diamond
- Jukebox on PS4 has the ability to play any Tekken series track on any stage you want regardless of the round
- Turbo Mode

It's almost time fam.

cordy

Banned
- Arcade Mode
- Full length story mode WITH additional side chapters dedicated to non-Mishimas
- 36+ characters with 18+ stages included
- You can play certain Tekken battles from previous games as seen with the Jack-4 fight
- Treasure Battle looks like a "Super Ghost Mode" with special matches added that also separates your online and offline rank
- Jukebox on PS4 has the ability to play any Tekken series track on any stage you want regardless of the round
- Turbo Mode

It's almost time fam.

Rymuth

325px-Yangus.png

Oh hai, Yangus. Why are you narrating Tekken? XP

Baleoce

Not only does this game look exceptionally good, but it's also willing to prove its worth to me before I buy it. Seems like a dying concept these days for fighters. Also, the soundtrack is sublime.

dh4niel

- Arcade Mode
- Treasure Battle looks like a "Super Ghost Mode" with special matches added
- Turbo Mode

It's almost time fam.

That is a big sell for me. Plus the ability to dress Yoshimitsu as a hammerhead shark.

Squire

Banned
So does this mean there's no ranking outside of the designated modes? I can play through Arcade at a set difficulty without going up to 5th Dan, etc?

Lukemon

Those seamless story mode fight intros are awesome. Between the tentacles and the hammerhead, I think it might be time for me to pick up Yosh. That's too good.

Hope we can earn customisation gear in VS mode (online or offline) – those prize fights in VF5 were always so much fun when they popped up during a multiplayer sesh.

TheOGB

Banned
Can someone elaborate on this?
Seems story mode will flashback to relevant moments from the series where you fight NPCs. The example in the trailer is the end of T4/beginning of T5 when Heihachi and Kazuya are ambushed by Jack-4s.

gelf

I'm not the biggest Tekken fan in the world as I'm a Virtua Fighter guy but I can't fault the content they always fill the games with. I'll certainly get this even though I'll likely never touch multiplayer.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man that customization bit is such a bummer. Dumbed down big time from Tekken 6. Looks like 80% generic/shared stuff too.

At least the UI is nice.

Can someone elaborate on this?

I think you'll be able to play through famous story bits from past Tekken games. They already revealed that you'll play as kid Kazuya fighting a young Heihachi, before getting thrown into the volcano, and they showed in the trailer Heihachi fighting through an ambush of Jacks that were trying to kill him from T5.

Full length story mode has my attention. For those who have been following the game closely, is this legit meaty story further than previous Tekkens?

I sure still like Tekken after all these years but 6 kind of came and went quickly for me as there wasn't any decent context to the fighting.

Piccoro

Arcade Mode? Based Namco.

SFV stay loosing.

Huh, you never miss a chance to take a jab at SFV, even in non SFV threads... smh

Anyway, the Tekken series is known to have lots of single player content, starting with Tekken 3 on the PSOne. They don't need to compare themselves with the competitors. Even if SFV had lots of content, Tekken would still be it's own thing.

cordy

Banned
Full length story mode has my attention. For those who have been following the game closely, is this legit meaty story further than previous Tekkens?

I sure still like Tekken after all these years but 6 kind of came and went quickly for me as there wasn't any decent context to the fighting.

They said it's going to be their biggest story mode ever and it's also gonna be more than the standard "cutscene > fight > cutscene > fight" thing other fighters do.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
What's the meaning of "customization on diamond" ??

Top Bottom