• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So leatherworkers can sell barding.

My tank hardly gets dazed at all but my mage, lol. Being a cloth wearer these days is just ass.

Magnus

ya. Alot of mythic kills were done with pure single target burst. You would slow-roll the outside since the first iteration is easy to handle. Goodbye my hopes and dreams

Oh man. We can't even kill Normal yet in one phase. We can get it down to like 15-20% though. Didn't think it was possible to do it on heroic yet.

ampere

With everything scaling, and pretty much all old inconveniences gotten rid of, why the hell does mob daze/dismounting still exist? It is one of the most annoying thing still in the game. If they wanted players to still have daze mechanics like Concussive Shot, so be it, but why still have it on mobs and to really just be annoying.

So leatherworkers can sell barding.

My tank hardly gets dazed at all but my mage, lol. Being a cloth wearer these days is just ass.

Tanks are actually immune to daze and seemingly dismount as well

It's OP as shit and more reason to quest in tank spec

Apathy

Tanks are actually immune to daze and seemingly dismount as well

It's OP as shit and more reason to quest in tank spec

They are, and it isn't a new thing, they have been immune to daze for a long long long time.

It's just one of those old things from vanilla wow that they should really get rid of.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cool cleared EN normal with no wipes this week, we were only 10 this time (and then 11, and then 10 again during it). Seems they want to have a go at heroic next week.

Got some 860 shoulders and 870 trinket so im happy :)

biaxident

I'm alliance NA (undermine represent). I have an 847 shadow priest (level 22 weapon), off spec weapons around 15ish. Also have a 839 DK, all weapons at 14ish. I'm down for mythic + and stuff if you guys need peeps. Ytse#1114.

v1perz53

They are, and it isn't a new thing, they have been immune to daze for a long long long time.

It's just one of those old things from vanilla wow that they should really get rid of.

You really want your tank getting dazed as he tries to re position the mobs because one hit him from the side? The only reason tanks can't get dazed is functional, because tanking involves lots of movement and lots of getting hit. The dismount is just incidental because it is coded that a dazing hit is what dismounts you.

Unless you meant daze should be removed, then I agree. Though it kind of is with the bardings now...

Shit, I wouldn't say that's the worst. We still have no damn clue to how trigger the arms one. Not even a lead. And for fury you need to get a drop off of three different world bosses.

Yea but isn't the fury war item a guaranteed drop from each boss? If I had to have something lame like a raid boss drop, I prefer it to at least be guaranteed that I will get after some amount of time, vs low percentage where I could theoretically not get it for 6 months. If it isn't guaranteed, yea that is shittier. I actually think enh is the worst, isn't it a low percentage chance from a couple different world bosses? I feel the pain of frost DKs, though if their quest ends up being interesting in any way I would still take that over lame raid boss drop low chance. I don't need my hidden appearance now, but I like the idea of working towards it in some way, as opposed to having no way to affect my ability to get it at all.

Is there an addon that shows all of the areas on a map that come up as "Discovered?" Not just ones required for the Explore achievements but also the ones that don't actually uncover any of the map.

So I guess this was a decent drop from the world boss for my DK alt that hit 110 today....

h55qtOa.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GAF has seriously good loot luck, except me.

I think I should stay away from all ActiBlizz lootgrind games for good

Trinket isnt the best tbh, its the one that sends a wisp to heal the target for about 95k every 1min. Its ok-ish, basically a free heal every 1min and certainly better than my generic int/haste I had before, but I would rather have gotten the one you can pop for mana regen for example since some fights in there get very mana intensive.

Still, cant complain I guess. Im actually surprised at the amount of loot that drops even with just 10 people.

Edit: still no legendary among my mythic posse btw, although some ppl in their guild have gotten some to drop.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That trinket is BiS for a lot of specs.

I really dislike the way trinkets work this xpack, I should get my BiS from doing raids and not from grinding out mythic+s and hoping for a world boss drop.

Strimei

Out of curiosity, how long would it take to reach honor level 50 via just doing the warden towers? Roughly.

I'm in no real hurry, I just want to unlock the skin on a character or two at some point.

erawsd

Out of curiosity, how long would it take to reach honor level 50 via just doing the warden towers? Roughly.

I'm in no real hurry, I just want to unlock the skin on a character or two at some point.

Now that they spawn every 24hrs I imagine it'll take months. You need prestige lvl 50, which means it'll take 100 lvls.

Tarazet

We cleared Maw of Souls +6, and we saved the Val'kyr. Four of us got the achievement.

Maw really doesn't come up very often in the rotation, does it?

Apathy

You really want your tank getting dazed as he tries to re position the mobs because one hit him from the side? The only reason tanks can't get dazed is functional, because tanking involves lots of movement and lots of getting hit. The dismount is just incidental because it is coded that a dazing hit is what dismounts you.

Unless you meant daze should be removed, then I agree. Though it kind of is with the bardings now...

Yea but isn't the fury war item a guaranteed drop from each boss? If I had to have something lame like a raid boss drop, I prefer it to at least be guaranteed that I will get after some amount of time, vs low percentage where I could theoretically not get it for 6 months. If it isn't guaranteed, yea that is shittier. I actually think enh is the worst, isn't it a low percentage chance from a couple different world bosses? I feel the pain of frost DKs, though if their quest ends up being interesting in any way I would still take that over lame raid boss drop low chance. I don't need my hidden appearance now, but I like the idea of working towards it in some way, as opposed to having no way to affect my ability to get it at all.

Noof course not, daze needs to go

belmonkey

On the topic of tanks, has the stat priority of Prot Warrior changed since the recent changes? I keep hearing conflicting ideas on whether Versatility is or isn't the best stat to stack with Mastery now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
On the topic of tanks, has the stat priority of Prot Warrior changed since the recent changes? I keep hearing conflicting ideas on whether Versatility is or isn't the best stat to stack with Mastery now.

I don't think haste is as important now, still #1 tho, but I'd still put mastery above versatility.

GAF has seriously good loot luck, except me.

I think I should stay away from all ActiBlizz lootgrind games for good
If it makes you feel better I'm still rocking 803 shoulders on my mid 840s ilevel main. The blues I've gotten have all had poor enough secondaries to not be better

Rhaknar

Not to rub it in Renekton's face but I forgot I also got a 850 storm relic for my dps weapon (nobody wanted it I checked first) and also a ring that I did trade with someone.

The trinket was from the bonus roll to be fair but thats still 3 items. Like I said, the raids seem to drop a lot of items.

v1perz53

We cleared Maw of Souls +6, and we saved the Val'kyr. Four of us got the achievement.

Maw really doesn't come up very often in the rotation, does it?

My group has done at least 2 keystone runs per person for the past 2 weeks, as well as carried ~5 people through their +2 stones (so ~15-20 total runs) and we have never gotten a Maw stone. Unfortunate, since I quite like that place. The only one now that we basically skip when it comes up is arcway (just so damn long) and Court of Stars if anything higher than +7 (that last boss is a bitch, basically hard enrage unless you have a certain amount of DPS, which obviously goes up as he gets more HP)

Atlantis

I tried pugging a Mythic (+0) Eye of Azshara to complete a quest and we could NOT kill Serpentrix. I felt bad as it kind of looked to be my fault, I was having a lot of trouble keeping the group alive during the second split phase. The group was already at the boss when I joined though, maybe the other healer had problems, too.

By the second split phase almost the entire arena was covered in acid from the boss, is that normal? I wish I could back and check if the DPS were using interrupts on the adds but it was my first time in there so I wasn't even aware of it, doh.

I tried pugging a Mythic (+0) Eye of Azshara to complete a quest and we could NOT kill Serpentrix. I felt bad as it kind of looked to be my fault, I was having a lot of trouble keeping the group alive during the second split phase. The group was already at the boss when I joined though, maybe the other healer had problems, too.

By the second split phase almost the entire arena was covered in acid from the boss, is that normal? I wish I could back and check if the DPS were using interrupts on the adds but it was my first time in there so I wasn't even aware of it, doh.

the 2nd time the boss submerges he casts a skill called rampage that needs to be silenced. most likely that didnt happen

Rhaknar

Horrible boss to heal especially when dps doesnt help and runs all over the place (which in a pug probably happens)

How does the barding interact with Ghost Wolf form and the Rehgar Earthfury buff?

I can only assume it doesn't since you're not mounted. You don't lose the buff/form if you're dazed during it either, as soon as daze drops you're running at full speed again.
the 2nd time the boss submerges he casts a skill called rampage that needs to be silenced. most likely that didnt happen
He does that whenever someone isn't near him. The tank should always immediately run to the boss while DPS kills adds.

scy

My group has done at least 2 keystone runs per person for the past 2 weeks, as well as carried ~5 people through their +2 stones (so ~15-20 total runs) and we have never gotten a Maw stone.

Man, I'd kill for more Maw keys. I've gone through 7 or 8 runs of my own key on my DH and it's always returned back to me Vault of the Wardens. +2, +4, +5, +6s, etc. Always Vault. Always. I'm expecting to get another Vault after reset too.

My DK has had a little more variety but has now also been getting Vaults. The game is really big on me being a real Warden I guess.

The other two heads also have things to interrupt, though unrelated to poison puddles. Rampage will also start channeling if he has nothing in melee range to hit, though probably pretty rare to happen with most pugs.

Lanrutcon

With proper dps the heads should be gone in moments, and they're the ones that cause real problems. Just keep the tank on the Boss at all times, and have the dps save their burst for submerges.

I just don't have it in me to play through the 1-60 content anymore. Can't do it. Even with full heirlooms and dungeon queue spamming. In fact I'm more sick of Vanilla, Burning Crusade and Wrath dungeons than I am the 1-60 PVE zones. As much as I want a Druid, maybe even a Mage, I think I'll just wait for the next expansion to boost another toon. I think the only classes I could level now would be a Death Knight or Demon Hunter.

Managed to get Nythendra and Dragons of Nightmare down on heroic last night. We left it at that since the raid DPS probably isn't enough for Ursoc, we'll have to wait until people get more gear and/or start playing better.
I just don't have it in me to play through the 1-60 content anymore. Can't do it. Even with full heirlooms and dungeon queue spamming. In fact I'm more sick of Vanilla, Burning Crusade and Wrath dungeons than I am the 1-60 PVE zones. As much as I want a Druid, maybe even a Mage, I think I'll just wait for the next expansion to boost another toon. I think the only classes I could level now would be a Death Knight or Demon Hunter.

I had most classes at or above 60 when Cata hit so there's a bunch of revamped zones I haven't done that many times. TBC and Wrath zones are what I dread, especially the starters. Would be great if they added scaling tech to those expansions so I could do whatever zones I wanted, I think I've only ever done Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley on one character.

Shahadan

My money's on 810+, with all the Warforged and Titanforged proccing allowed.

Yeah they'll probably set it to something a bit under heroic gear because that's the only option making sense.
815 maybe. Who knows.

I'm more interested in whether or not they're going to add MoP dungeons soon.

Shahadan

Why wouldn't it make sense for it to be at heroic level? They're probably going to be more difficult than Legion heroics anyway.

Cause timewalking dungeons are a bonus event meant for fresh max levels and relevant low levels not a way to skip your gear progression nor making heroic dungeons obsolete for a whole week.

But people will rather go "lol blizzard" as usual.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm done with The Nightfallen reputation now, and have done all available Suramar quest lines. Not sure where to go from here really in terms of story other than waiting for patch 7.1. The guild easily cleared Emerald Nightmare Normal, we should be progressing in Heroic today.

Tenebrous

Cause timewalking dungeons are a bonus event meant for fresh max levels and relevant low levels not a way to skip your gear progression nor making heroic dungeons obsolete for a whole week.

Heroic dungeons are obsolete anyway. 3 days after hitting 110 on my alt I'm 830 with no heroics done & having just spent 500g on gear (some 815 boots to replace the 770 ones I had).

Lanrutcon

Don't WQs, crafted gear and order hall rewards/upgrades make heroics largely obsolete? My characters generally hit heroics for all of a day before being geared enough to move beyond them.

That's generally why I say "Blizzard are weird" in regards to the topic. Gear progression is strange this time around.

Top Bottom