• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hey all quick question. I am thinking of going back to wow..... Haven't played since The Kung Fu Panda expansion.... Are feral and restoration Druid specs viable for casual group and raiding?

cdyhybrid

looking to move my main to another server...again. Thought Moon Guard would be a good server, but is not for me. Are there any reliable realm population sites available that are up to date? Im looking for the following if you were wondering

region: US

server type: PVE

raiding: Looking for a server with a lot of raiders, even though I never raided it is nice to have that option

population: I want stormwind/dalaran to be overflowing with ppl

alliance or horde: Looking for a server that has somewhat even ratio for ally/horde might play both

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay got my first 2 chests from a mythic +3, progress :) didnt get any loot tho >_>

next up is halls +5 which will be a fucking pain, but we should at least clear it just for the reset reward

RPGCrazied

Finally revered with every Legion reputation. Now let me buy the runesaber mount now!

And I have a couple Alliance. I play both sides, but favor horde. Mostly BE toons. :)

Maximus.

What model looks better in plate? Human or night elf? I have a death knight I will be faction changing to play with some IRL friends and can't decide what race to choose.

Brokun

What model looks better in plate? Human or night elf? I have a death knight I will be faction changing to play with some IRL friends and can't decide what race to choose.

Night Elves in my opinion. Depending on the gear humans can look squat, and start to resemble dwarves. Night elves are tall enough to wear gigantic looking plate and not look like they are being weighed down by it all. However, Night elves have super small waists and only thick belts look good on them.

But humans have better melee attack animations. And casting animations. And all the animations.

What's more important to you? How you look or how you move?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
NE M in plate is an embarrassment. Lore hack. NE F is okay. M human plate is fine but you are M human. F human in plate is eh.

Maximus.

human imo

Whys that?

Night Elves in my opinion. Depending on the gear humans can look squat, and start to resemble dwarves. Night elves are tall enough to wear gigantic looking plate and not look like they are being weighed down by it all. However, Night elves have super small waists and only thick belts look good on them.

But humans have better melee attack animations. And casting animations. And all the animations.

What's more important to you? How you look or how you move?

I feel humans look good in gear in terms of scale and fit and it seems night elves like you mentioned also look good. I don't mind too much about the animations, moreso my avatar looking good. I'm just worried with NE that the elf ears will make some helms look off?

I've also read that the human racials may be better for PVP, but I mean I doubt it makes that big of a difference.

I was leaning more towards NE, mainly because it seems boring to just be a human in WoW when there are so many cool races.

NE M in plate is an embarrassment. Lore hack. NE F is okay. M human plate is fine but you are M human. F human in plate is eh.

Why do you say they are an embarrassment? I understand from a lore perspective it seems off, but doesn't bother me that much. I don't know if I would want to play a female character mainly because I like how bulky the male characters look in a full set of armour.

Epix

Do the chests at the end of a Mythic + run come from that dungeons loot table or is it just random loot?

Azzurri

Hey,

So I finally hit 840i on my Enh Shaman and was wondering what should by DPS be at? I've watched guides on rotations and it isn't too hard, basically just managing buffs and SS procs. On the test dummy I can get between 155k-185k depending on what cooldowns I blow.

In mythic tho my dps seems lower, maybe it's because I'm running around so I'm not always dpsing and I'm afraid I'm not doing enough DPS and will be kicked.

v1perz53

New PVP map announced at MLG Arena Regional Championship :)

BG or Arena map? Please god be a BG map, sorely needed.

Depends entirely if you are talking about male or female. Also, spec matters a little as weapon size can make certain combos look super stupid. I personally think human male is the best looking plate race in the game, almost as though everything is designed baseline around them. Proportions are best, things fit well, nothing clips badly. Male NE is good too, but waist is too small and shoulders are WAY too big on male NE. I can't play human male though because that shoulder roll-back they do every 3 seconds on a mount infuriates me (its always the small things that bother you the most!) Female though, I prefer NE. Female human legs and thighs are too big comparatively to their shoulders and helms, and their shoulders roll back too much (the downside to me of all female races, they almost like pop out their boobs pushing their shoulder armor angled backwards). NE female I like a lot, the proportions are pretty good and armor generally looks acceptable on them.

dimb

Why do you say they are an embarrassment? I understand from a lore perspective it seems off, but doesn't bother me that much. I don't know if I would want to play a female character mainly because I like how bulky the male characters look in a full set of armour.
NE male looks bad in plate because of the general body shape. They can try to look cool with oversized shoulders, but their crushed waistline makes them look like total goobers and becomes more pronounced with plate. Dwarf is obviously the right option but if you really want H or NE then H male or NE F are the better choices.

On some real shit any GAF members got spots on raid team? Have yet to be able to do a full normal run due to absolute shit pugs. Debating on buying into a normal run due to this shit.

v1perz53

Best quest plot on this expansion, period.

Good plot, awful zone design. So bad that they had to put a flight path at the end of a cave just to get you away from there because there was no obvious way back, so it now has a FP to nowhere. Felt like stormheim without the grappling hook. I am vehemently against flying and I agree that flying ruins blizzard's ability to make interesting world design, and highmountain made me want flying back...

dimb

How can people like the Highmountain plot? It's just so bad. Main leader from Thunder Totem is just completely incompetent, and what ultimately "unites" Highmountain and brings them together is the player, and outside force, literally doing everything.
Good plot, awful zone design. So bad that they had to put a flight path at the end of a cave just to get you away from there because there was no obvious way back, so it now has a FP to nowhere. Felt like stormheim without the grappling hook. I am vehemently against flying and I agree that flying ruins blizzard's ability to make interesting world design, and highmountain made me want flying back...
They probably put a flight point there so you could go visit Wrathion, who wound up being cut because they wanted Highmountain to be even more boring.

Anyone else get the Darktalon of the Void Star mount? I decided I'd camp for it since I have pretty much all other camping mounts (excluding Poundfist/Legion mounts now).

I figure the laziest way to do it would be to just camp a single spot and hope it hits me there while I'm able to be logged in. I know there's loads of spots it can spawn at but if it's not clicked within five minutes it moves to another spot. Considering my spot rarely ever gets any visitors I can see other spawn locations being missed so that ups the chances of it heading my way eventually.

Currently I just have myself standing where the portal would spawn and it's about 10% of the edge of my monitor so I can keep an eye on things (and click over to move when afk for too long) but I realized this can be limiting if I want to do something else, such as watch a movie or play a console on another input. So I set up Twitch and spent about 15 minutes figuring out how to stream and configure things so I could watch my stream on my phone while I do other things. It has to be the most boring Twitch stream ever.

Even though I don't have this mount yet the ability to eventually get it while being completely passive makes me like it more than the camel as that took around six months of doing 1-5 passed through Uldum a day hoping to get a camel figurine. And it took me twenty-six of those to finally get the right one.

I guess I might as well aim to get Poundfist next.

How can people like the Highmountain plot? It's just so bad. Main leader from Thunder Totem is just completely incompetent, and what ultimately "unites" Highmountain and brings them together is the player, and outside force, literally doing everything.

Still the best of the rest, compared to the night elves who couldnt keep their job done

Xeteh

How so unlike every other quest in the rest of the game.

dimb

Still the best of the rest, compared to the night elves who couldnt keep their job done
Azsuna story is great. Has strong ties to the rest of the universe with Lady Vash'j, and you get Farondis, one of the best characters Blizzard has done in a long while. His choices to side against the Legion left him as an outcast to his people, but he is the one who earns redemption across the zone. His people come to understand the choice he made.

Stormheim has huge lore implications. Odyn is another piece in the puzzle that is the Keepers, and his history with Helya serves as a great entry point for the continuation of the story of Sylvanas.

Val'sharah is a lore travesty and isn't even fun or interesting in a way to make up for that, though Black Rook Hold's storyline does justice for Maiev and Jarod. By comparison Highmountain has literally nothing.
How so unlike every other quest in the rest of the game.
The difference is that Highmountain is supposed to be banding together with their own strength, and that their new leader is supposed to prove her worth. Instead all you get is "this was a costly lesson" every few days when Thunder Totem gets invaded. Where is the character growth?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still don't understand the precise nature of the curse on Farondis. So they can't die? But this makes them perfect soldiers to fight the Legion. Farondis' people hate him, but they're still friendly? Wouldn't it make sense for them to defect to Suramar or Azshara?

Makes no fucking sense.

Narag

Bradensburg and Blackrook are the only quests I have left to do aside from 1-2 suramar ones and I can't bring myself to do it because everything else in that zone left a bad taste in my mouth.

dimb

I still don't understand the precise nature of the curse on Farondis. So they can't die? But this makes them perfect soldiers to fight the Legion. Farondis' people hate him, but they're still friendly? Wouldn't it make sense for them to defect to Suramar or Azshara?

Makes no fucking sense.
It's not really different from ghost/curse archetypes you would normally see. When Azshara destroyed the Tidestone it cursed those who had betrayed her in Azsuna. They most likely cannot leave the land they are cursed to haunt. I also don't know that most of these people are on good terms with Farondis, but they are sort of just stuck together in eternal life anyways.

Makes no fucking sense.

Yeah, the entire army instant forgets him, and the dungeon is not coherent at all compared to other zones

scy

+8 BRH, Teeming Skittish. Full melee party (Guardian Druid, Holy Pal, 2x Havoc DH, Unholy DK).

A+, would Havoc tank again

I've been having troubles finding a good healing trinket compared to my other gear and today I got lucky!

Ev4Mr8D.png

It's actually interesting ''new mechanic'' to try and max the bonus mana it provides. Good thing for monks that both of those spells trigger soothing mists channel so it's not like you are doing nothing while the mana procs. Of course there will be times when you need to cast effuse in rush since vivify is a manadump but it'll be interesting to see on a raid enviroment and long fights.

Rizzi

I've been having troubles finding a good healing trinket compared to my other gear and today I got lucky!

Ev4Mr8D.png

It's actually interesting ''new mechanic'' to try and max the bonus mana it provides. Good thing for monks that both of those spells trigger soothing mists channel so it's not like you are doing nothing while the mana procs. Of course there will be times when you need to cast effuse in rush since vivify is a manadump but it'll be interesting to see on a raid enviroment and long fights.

Damn. Nice trinket!

Top Bottom