• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Do DPS casters run out of mana these days? Last time I played a dps caster was back in Vanilla with a warlock and I have fond memories of pissing off raid healers with life tap :d

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do DPS casters run out of mana these days? Last time I played a dps caster was back in Vanilla with a warlock and I have fond memories of pissing off raid healers with life tap :d

Arcane Mages are designed around it

Warlocks are poorly designed and have to deal with it but weren't designed around it because Blizzard is bad at their video game. Except Destro. I don't really have mana issues as Destro anymore.

Rizzi

Single target as arcane I pull off 210k dps, fire I do 250k and frost I can only manage 180k. The disparity between the three specs makes me unhappy.

Milennia

Barely played in the last week, progress over is feelsgoodman

Other than the leveling 3 more alts etc but can do that whenever

Ark

Just failed a DHT lvl 6 by 10 minutes, and me and a DH both got 875 titanforged items. Lol.

Love it.

On some real shit any GAF members got spots on raid team? Have yet to be able to do a full normal run due to absolute shit pugs. Debating on buying into a normal run due to this shit.

Are you Horde NA? My guild has only been doing the raid 2 weeks, but we just got to Cenarious yesterday. We raid Thursday (7-9pm) and Saturday (6-9pm) on server time, which is US Central. Emerald Dream is thr server.

We are having trouble because we lack ranged DPS, and we've had to PUG a couple people in every time. We're casual raiders, not hardcore progression. Very fun group.

If you're interested, send me a PM. And that goes for any of you NA Horde gaffers.

On another note, is Cenarious known for being buggy? In our 3 attempts yesterday, when we clumped up around the wisps in the first wave, he purified the tree once and the dragon once... It made no sense. Nobody was standing close to them.

Teletraan1

Banned
Got my first alt to 110 yesterday, just want to get my Artifact research rolling since that seems to be the biggest grind and since it is already down to 3 days from 5 it should speed up even more as we go along.

After a week of being 110 I am either unlucky or I don't see the point of these emissary quests. I have never gotten anything other than 810 gear out of them and I am close to 840 ilvl. Always get something that is worse than even the class pieces that you got just from playing the game. Am I missing something here or am I just unlucky with the gear they provide?

Godan

So just posted in the old tread like a noob. Anywayz.

So do you only get one mythic keystone a week? I removed mine from my bag thinking it was something else then after doing another mythic i didn't get one at the end.

Magnus

I'm on Sargeras, Alliance. I'm scared of saying that here tho, I heard the mods are Horde and will ban any alliance player on sight....

I'm an Alliance (Human) Rogue on Lothar.

Lightbringer-US here, what's up?

Man I really want that fox mount. Is there any way to farm the invitation thing? I know it comes from withered training, but that's it.

I'm alliance! I'm on Sargeras.

Cool! Trying to see if enough of us exist for possible 5-man Mythics down the road. My guild's great but on a different time zone than I am making it tough to make too much progress with them outside of raids. The horde players in this thread seem more organized and there are more of them. Lol

Rizzi

Someone got very mad at me because I refused to give them a ring that dropped. Just because I "can" trade a drop, doesn't mean I "have" to give it away.

M.D

I'm having way more fun running mythic plus with the same group of people than I ever had raiding.
It's so fun when everyone is around the same level and know what they're doing, and you come up with new ideas on how to beat the timer, and even if someone fucks up it ends up being funny and somehow we still manage to finish with spare time.

It's surprising how easy the lower level ones become tho, anything under 4 is a breeze now, which we almost fucked up yesterday in Halls of Valor (4)

Jrmint

Just hit 110 on my DH alt.
Is there anything that has changed since release to make it easier to get to 810 ilvl?

Apathy

Wow they weren't kidding, the warrior campaign is the most fucked up one to finish. Holy hell the follower missions are so fucking long.

Megasoum

Banned
Couple of questions:

1-Is there any ways to increase the maximum number of Champions you have active at the time? I'm at 5 max right now

2-Is there a way to hide/turn off tha party tray menu that shows up on the left when you enter a party that you can use to put icons on players and stuff? It's going over my Z-Perl Party frame and I can't find a way to turn it off.

Apathy

Couple of questions:

1-Is there any ways to increase the maximum number of Champions you have active at the time? I'm at 5 max right now

2-Is there a way to hide/turn off tha party tray menu that shows up on the left when you enter a party that you can use to put icons on players and stuff? It's going over my Z-Perl Party frame and I can't find a way to turn it off.

1. No

2. Usually party frames have options that blocks blizzard default stuff. I'm not familiar with z-perl so not sure.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Whys that?

Nearly every piece of gear is modeled for humans and on humans first and then scaled to other races -- things just look much better on humans. None of the usual awkward clipping, exposed necks, off shoulders, etc... that you get with other races.

The other thing I hate about nelves and belves in general is the clipping that can occur with their eye brows and ears. You'll have an awesome plate helm ruined with giant ears poking out making you look like a bunny rabbit. Like that awesome paladin judgement set, looks absolutely terrible on belves cause of all the facial clipping.

Anyhow, I've always liked humans (especially when it comes to plate gear), but you do you.

Also the racial does matter if you plan on PvPing, the human racial is pretty much on par with orclentless in that S tier, if not better based on the recent arena tournament.

v1perz53

Nearly every piece of gear is modeled for humans and on human males first and then scaled to other races -- things just look much better on human males. None of the usual awkward clipping, exposed necks, off shoulders, etc... that you get with other races.

FTFY, human females and their thunder thighs, giant clipping weapons, and teeny tiny shoulders aren't the baseline that anything in this game is modeled on. But yes, you're right in terms of human male being the general base for armor in the game, though that doesn't stop some armor from still looking bad on them. I personally think robes look silly on human males because they are almost straight down from the chest to the floor, like a big tube on their body.

I just can't stand how stocky and sausage-like human males look. But yeah, a lot of gear looks awful on other races. female belfs in particular have some real bad texture stretching because of how thin and lanky they are.

Jrmint

I just can't stand how stocky and sausage-like human males look. But yeah, a lot of gear looks awful on other races. female belfs in particular have some real bad texture stretching because of how thin and lanky they are.
Tauren are probably the worst. It's so hard to find leather armor that looks good on them. The only armor that consistently looks good on Tauren is plate.

v1perz53

Tauren are probably the worst. It's so hard to find leather armor that looks good on them. The only armor that consistently looks good on Tauren is plate.

I actually always quite liked leather armor on Tauren, especially druid sets (male, never played a femtaur). I think the first and last cata sets look best on male Tauren. Helms are always very hit or miss though, especially leather ones.

What the fuck with the tranquil mind prices

Maybe they nerfed the class trial Tranquil Mind "exploit", that's where the vast majority were entering the market from. Unless you mean prices are coming down, in which case maybe more people are learning of the exploit hah.
E: Yea they made the tomes soulbound, so the major source of them has now gone away, prices will go way up for a bit.

Tenebrous

Ursoc mythic is fucking annoying.

Every wipe is in the 5-10% range, but we have 2 players who have a LOT less gear than the rest of the raid. They don't really do mythic+ either, but since we lack a bit of competition for the spots, they're almost always in.

If either of them could bridge the gap between their class-mates, almost every pull tonight would've resulted in a kill.

Edit: 1% wipe, one DPS less than the tank. IWESGNIOSDNBGOISDGNOSDGFBOISDG

Megasoum

Banned
What is the portal on the right of the Class Hall portal on horde side in Dalaran? I can't click it, looks like a snowy zone?

Rizzi

Is getting the frost mage hidden artifact skin seriously just waiting for the day that the portal decides to take you to Frostfire Ridge?

v1perz53

Is getting the frost mage hidden artifact skin seriously just waiting for the day that the portal decides to take you to Frostfire Ridge?

Lets just say not all ways to get the hidden artifacts are created equal. There are the epic but super long, potentially expensive and time consuming ones like Ret, there are the "one shot a day hope it happens" ones like prot war, there are the "kill a raid boss once a week and hope this is your week" ones like Bear/Surv Hunter, there are the get to AK5+ and do something easy ones like Havoc, and there are the "oh you did withered training, your artifact randomly appeared" ones like WW/Blood DK.

Depends what you think is best. Some people prefer the withered training ones because you can get em pretty quickly without much fuss. Some prefer the ret style because damn does it feel epic when you finally do get it. I personally think the Surv/Guardian way is the worst, single shot per week for killing ursoc, not epic at all but a chance to get incredibly unlucky and not get it for months.

Apathy

Ursoc mythic is fucking annoying.

Every wipe is in the 5-10% range, but we have 2 players who have a LOT less gear than the rest of the raid. They don't really do mythic+ either, but since we lack a bit of competition for the spots, they're almost always in.

If either of them could bridge the gap between their class-mates, almost every pull tonight would've resulted in a kill.

Edit: 1% wipe, one DPS less than the tank. IWESGNIOSDNBGOISDGNOSDGFBOISDG

If a dps is doing less damage than a tank in a mythic raid, that dps needs to get replaed

Just reached eggsalted with nightfallen, how good is the 8 piece bonus? Worth taking the inferior stats for a full suit of order hall gear?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lets just say not all ways to get the hidden artifacts are created equal. There are the epic but super long, potentially expensive and time consuming ones like Ret, there are the "one shot a day hope it happens" ones like prot war, there are the "kill a raid boss once a week and hope this is your week" ones like Bear/Surv Hunter, there are the get to AK5+ and do something easy ones like Havoc, and there are the "oh you did withered training, your artifact randomly appeared" ones like WW/Blood DK.

Depends what you think is best. Some people prefer the withered training ones because you can get em pretty quickly without much fuss. Some prefer the ret style because damn does it feel epic when you finally do get it. I personally think the Surv/Guardian way is the worst, single shot per week for killing ursoc, not epic at all but a chance to get incredibly unlucky and not get it for months.

Shit, I wouldn't say that's the worst. We still have no damn clue to how trigger the arms one. Not even a lead. And for fury you need to get a drop off of three different world bosses.

Low Tier
Had to call it. Fucking sucks... Need two or three new DPS players and we kill it 30-40 seconds before the enrage timer.

Have you done dragons yet? TBH its much more forgiving than ursoc. RIP single phase heart though gonna be a pita to clear

I should consider myself lucky I got the Mistweaver hidden artifact from my first Dragons kill, it's probably the rarest of Monk hidden artifacts. Brewmaster is what I want the most right now and thank god it's just super easy daily login for a chance to get it. Windwalker is tied to Withered Army Training so not quite as easy but at least not tied to a raid boss.

My guild finally got a full clear of EN in heroic. Interested to see how big of a jump Nythendra M is from HC Xavius once we really go in there. The biggest problem for us is to form a consistent and good 20 man group, with HC being flexible it's much easier.

Apathy

With everything scaling, and pretty much all old inconveniences gotten rid of, why the hell does mob daze/dismounting still exist? It is one of the most annoying thing still in the game. If they wanted players to still have daze mechanics like Concussive Shot, so be it, but why still have it on mobs and to really just be annoying.

Top Bottom