• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

BadAss2961

Did he ask where Ronda's fine ass is at? lol

exumtu4.jpg

Lewis trying to cut a promo but he's out of breath lol

"Where **wheeze** Where Ronda Rousey **wheeze** fine ass at?"

Stann completely no-selling all of his lines. Fucking goober.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
UFC's heavyweight division has found its newest star, somebody knocked out by a current WSOF guy and Bellator's own Matt Kidney stone. And people say there's no depth above 185.

Fox318

I love how fucking scared they are at saying anything against ronda or even mentioning her in this fight.

WME has everyone scared.

Oscar

I have a hard time imagining Lewis beating the top 5 at heavyweight but I hope he continues to rise, fun as hell dude.

Ben Rothwell is #5, I think Lewis' odds aren't that bad for that fight.

Miocic/JDS/Overeem are one dimensional, but they'd all have a speed edge on him. Those fights would come down to game planning. They can derp like Browne just did and get rekt, or actually pick Lewis apart from range.

Werdum and Cain annihilate Lewis.

Oscar

Browne always sucked. His wins were mostly known for him using dirty tactics.
He was solid when he trained under Jackson/Wink, fought tall and beat some big names like Overeem and Barnett under that camp.

The move to Glendale FC fucked his career, he was chasing Rousey pussy and turned into a flat footed brawler.

Heel

MMA Junkie: A run-in with the KKK eventually led Legacy FC champ Derrick Lewis to MMA

”I really, really try to kill my opponents, even though I know I can't do it because the ref is there," he said. ”But that's my intention every time."
Lewis said he went to jail in 2005 for a probation violation stemming from an aggravated assault charge while he was still in high school. Drinking on a night out on the town, he said he ran into a member of the Klu Klux Klan, who insulted him. Despite the fact that the man was holding a shotgun, Lewis proceeded to beat him, causing serious bodily injury.

”The lifestyle I was living, I didn't really care," Lewis said.

Today I learned The Black Beast is possibly the best thing going in mixed martials.

brentech

Just caught up. Brown probably took at least 5 extra shots on his back at the end there, and they were probably the heaviest shots he took. Knocked into another dimension. Again.

Derricks powah is ridiculous. He just touched Travis on that last punch when they stood. Travis is more hurt by that post fight speech. Vicious.

He was solid when he trained under Jackson/Wink, fought tall and beat some big names like Overeem and Barnett under that camp.

The move to Glendale FC fucked his career, he was chasing Rousey pussy and turned into a flat footed brawler.

It can be argued that the ref could have stopped the Reem fight and the Barnett win was deff dirty. I'd take both in a rematch

Any response from Browne or Rousey yet?

Browne is indeed athletic but where's the fight IQ? Your opponent was holding his belly with both hands. One front kick to Lewis' face instead of the belly would have KO'd him.

Fuk Mazzagati too.

Oh, Browne's ex, if I remember correctly, put make up on her face to simulate bruises and posted on IG and said Browne beat her. She was upset that Browne dumped her for Rousey.

Fox318

Any response from Browne or Rousey yet?

Browne is indeed athletic but where's the fight IQ? Your opponent was holding his belly with both hands. One front kick to Lewis' face instead of the belly would have KO'd him.

Fuk Mazzagati too.

Oh, Browne's ex, if I remember correctly, put make up on her face to simulate bruises and posted on IG and said Browne beat her. She was upset that Browne dumped her for Rousey.
Their response was the UFC editing that promo out.

And everyone on commentary not saying a word about ronda

Travis Browne is indeed a bit of a douche and has clearly sabotaged his own career, but he is NOT a domestic abuser.

His ex-wife was found to be lying about her allegations. I am actually really disappointed in the Black Beast and everyone else in this thread that didn't know that and kept perpetuating the bullshit of a vindictive woman that helped to minimize the suffering of real victims and helped to make it more difficult for them to be taken seriously.

brentech

Travis Browne is indeed a bit of a douche and has clearly sabotaged his own career, but he is NOT a domestic abuser.

His ex-wife was found to be lying about her allegations. I am actually really disappointed in the Black Beast and everyone else in this thread that didn't know that and kept perpetuating the bullshit of a vindictive woman that helped to minimize the suffering of real victims and helped to make it more difficult for them to be taken seriously.
Only going back to reading post fight tweets, where did anyone anyone in this thread perpetuate that info? I didn't see a single post other than laughing at Lewis saying it.

I just watched the event and wow! Fucking Black Beast indeed. I was worried when he was fighting with his hands on his belly (but I also saw him posting on fb last night so figured if he lost it couldn't have been bad).

Thank you Mario, this is the kind of stoppages we should have.

LMAO, "it's not hurting from the kick, I gotta doodoo"

This was a great event all and all. Only the Bigg Rigg fight was meh, and that was still interesting to see him at 185.

Wait, I don't understand. Who even did that? What woman are you talking about, and why is she vindictive? I am so lost...

VoxPop

Just rewatched Nurmagomedov x Michael Johnson. Shit. Didn't realize how extra crazy that GNP was with the close up volume compared to when I watched it at MSG. What a beatdown. I thought Ferguson had a chance but Khabib is on a mission right now and game af.

I noticed Khabib was slowing down near the middle of the third round. I'm curious to see how his cardio holds up against a relentlessly aggressive Ferguson in his first five round fight.

BadAss2961

Just rewatched Nurmagomedov x Michael Johnson. Shit. Didn't realize how extra crazy that GNP was with the close up volume compared to when I watched it at MSG. What a beatdown. I thought Ferguson had a chance but Khabib is on a mission right now and game af.

I noticed Khabib was slowing down near the middle of the third round. I'm curious to see how his cardio holds up against a relentlessly aggressive Ferguson in his first five round fight.
Khabib was too busy scolding Dana and asking Johnson to give up.

Since when? I just thought the UFC's investigation didn't turn up anything and he hasn't had any charges laid. Doesn't mean she was lying.
*follows the black beast on instagram*

*black beast posts video of someone getting their nose sliced off with a sword*
a
*unfollow*
Sounds like he and Mark Hunt have a few things in common.

I imagine trusting a UFC investigation into domestic abuse is similar to trusting the NFL's internal investigations. Wasn't that the Ezekiel Elliott case a few months ago that NFL cleared and found no evidence of wrong doing and then the police revealed that not only had nobody from the NFL ever contacted them but they were trying to provide info/evidence to the NFL that went unanswered?

Heel

Yeah, as far as I've cared to follow it, the UFC investigation into Browne resulted as "inconclusive". I'm not sure how that equals "bullshit of a vindictive woman that helped to minimize the suffering of real victims" unless I missed something.

Also, to follow up on what Mak said, this is the same investigation team that cleared Cody East to compete.

Bloody Elbow contacted the UFC on Thursday, receiving a response on Friday with a full statement, including details on their independent investigation into East and their decision to sign him.

"From the beginning, Mr. East was very upfront with UFC regarding his past. In light of Mr. East's history, UFC had an independent investigation conducted into his past and current behavior. Included in the investigation was a response from East's former probation officer supporting his opportunity to compete in UFC and commenting that he would in fact be a good candidate. As a result of the investigation, and with the understanding that Mr. East had successfully completed many months of rehabilitation and counseling, UFC felt comfortable offering Mr. East the opportunity to compete in UFC."

Oh, about that... Ex-UFC fighter Cody East accused of kneeing girlfriend in head, dragging her by hair

East broke in through the window, cornered her in the bathroom, kicked her multiple time to both legs, kneed her in the head and slapped her in the chin, the alleged victim said. East also kicked a hole in the wall when he missed her, she said.

East then grabbed her by the hair and pulled her toward the front door, his girlfriend told police. He told her she was going to leave with him or he was going to kill her son, she said.

Police interviewed the alleged victim's son and his account was consistent with her story, the report stated. The boy said he was in his room when he heard East say he was going to kill him and then ran to the back of the bedroom and hid in the closet until police arrived.

...oh.

Top Bottom