• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA Black Friday week sales

How many tracks are in this? The demo implies four, but are there loads of different sections like other rally games or just... four tracks?

Sega Rally Online Arcade has five tracks, four in Championship mode and one off on its own in Sega Rally 1995 mode. Fortunately, the tracks are all so gorgeous and well-designed that you'll want to play them over and over again. UNfortunately, there's not really much point, since the leaderboards are broken (have been since day one) and the CPU drivers are so blatantly incompetent that you'll beat them every time (on the hardest difficulty (of a whopping TWO difficulties)) without ever dropping out of sixth gear. That's basically the equivalent of defeating the single-player tournament in a fighting game by using only roundhouse kicks.

If you think you might be interested in this type of game, my advice is to skip SROA and go straight to Sega Rally Revo, the demo for which gives you two tracks and two cars at a cost of ZERO microsoft points.

I've had Beyond Good and Evil sitting on my HD for a while, but just the demo. I will get it on monday when it's on sale. That's a bomb ass price.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Finally buying Full House Poker. My friend loves that game, and I've been eyeing it for a while. The emotes in it are fantastic.

Now? That's good.

It wasn't on sale last night. But maybe I didn't check the right place. I still haven't played FX2 at all yet, but I did DL the free Paranormal table the other week.
Yes it was, but you had to buy it from inside the game.
allenbh said:
About PinballFX2, what is the best add-on, core pack or classic pack?
Core. The classic tables aren't that good.

Gameboy415

what kinect bundle are you getting? many include 3 months of gold

I just got the 4GB/Kinect bundle so I doubt it'll come with the 3 month sub.
I have a US LIVE account I used briefly on my JP 360 but I never had a Gold account so I wonder if I'd qualify for the free month.

Does anyone know if this sale requires a Gold Live membership?

Sign in on Xbox.com, check the marketplace prices, see if they're reduced for you :p Unlike the PS3, you can actually buy all this stuff from your computer.

Stumpulokalous is such an unabashed 360 fanboy. Why do you seek to put down the poor PS3 in every conceivable fashion?

Massa

Sign in on Xbox.com, check the marketplace prices, see if they're reduced for you :p Unlike the PS3, you can actually buy all this stuff from your computer.

You can buy PS1 and PSP games from your computer (as long as you install and update, update and then update the Media Go app).

Boom!

Gaspode_T

Someone tell me how not to suck at Crazy Taxi, I don't remember having a hard time with the DC version but that's probably because I didn't care about S license achievements...

I had to struggle to get the C class license in 3 minute mode, I even looked at xbox360achievements.org guides and I am still confused about the method of boosting...Do you let go of accelerator then press accel and "forward drive" at the same time for the initial boost, then let go of accel, shift into reverse, shift into forward and then hit accel a second later to do the crazy dash thing?

Is the general strategy to pick up longer distance passengers until the last one then try to pick up a short one that fits in the remaining time? I have noticed it seems to be consistent in arcade mode at least, I always end up delivering some guy to a church and then heliport at the end, but that only barely gets me a C license ($2100 or $2200) I can't imagine how you would get more money than that

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I had to struggle to get the C class license in 3 minute mode, I even looked at xbox360achievements.org guides and I am still confused about the method of boosting...Do you let go of accelerator then press accel and "forward drive" at the same time for the initial boost, then let go of accel, shift into reverse, shift into forward and then hit accel a second later to do the crazy dash thing?

Is the general strategy to pick up longer distance passengers until the last one then try to pick up a short one that fits in the remaining time? I have noticed it seems to be consistent in arcade mode at least, I always end up delivering some guy to a church and then heliport at the end, but that only barely gets me a C license ($2100 or $2200) I can't imagine how you would get more money than that

Boost method sounds right to me. It takes practice and you'll get it eventually.

I think I always went for the green customers whenever I could (farthest distance). They give you a good time bonus as long as you don't goof off. I remember playing the DC version where I was good enough to have 1 hour length games.

Bought Super Meat Boy yesterday. Will probably go back and double dip on BG&E so I don't have to keep my Xbox version lying around.

Boost method sounds right to me. It takes practice and you'll get it eventually.

I think I always went for the green customers whenever I could (farthest distance). They give you a good time bonus as long as you don't goof off. I remember playing the DC version where I was good enough to have 1 hour length games.
Good strategy. I remember playing a game that was almost 1h 15m on the DC.

As far as boosting goes, I haven't played the DC version in forever, but I think I remember just simultaneously smashing the accelerator and reverse at the same time and it boosted the heck out of me...but it's been a while so I could be totally wrong.

Edit: Wait, now that I think about it, maybe it was tap reverse then smash drive and the accelerator? Bah, I can't remember.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Actually I think you're right, accelerator + forward stick should at the same time or close to it. I don't think you accelerate with reverse though.

Gowans

I wonder if they have 75% off on Orcs Must Die like on Steam, tempted to get it there but would prefer to play it on XBLA.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I wonder if they have 75% off on Orcs Must Die like on Steam, tempted to get it there but would prefer to play it on XBLA.

It's a miracle when xbla games get higher than 50% off discounts, so I wouldn't count in it especially for such a recent title.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You can buy PS1 and PSP games from your computer (as long as you install and update, update and then update the Media Go app).

Boom!

If Media Go counts as a "boom headshot" moment, I'd rather you put me out of my misery anyway. Hahaha.

Monocle

I wish Bejeweled 3 were going on sale instead of the second one. I'm addicted to the infuriatingly limited demo.

jgkspsx

Copied from main XBLA thread:

Wow. Flotilla is awesome. Like, "deserves to be a full XBLA title" awesome.

OK, well, it's a bit buggy and beta-ish, but in terms of immersion and personality, it's one of the finest experiences on the platform. If you like unique games with good art and music, at least try the demo. It's $2.50, for crying out loud.

I finished it on Gamecube but for that price i will buy it again. Very good game. (No idea if it still holds up by today's standards though)

Have standards for off-kilter, artful Ocarina of Time clones changed much in years since? It's still a wonderful game, and the things that made it great had little to do with the core mechanics or gameplay.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I feel silly wanting the Tron premium theme. Can anyone comment about how premium themes look in the beta/metro dash? I heard some rumblings over in the CAG forums saying that I should not bother buying any existing premium themes as they are "broken" for the beta.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Everyone start searching and see if we can uncover the unannounced games

Bastion and Galaga Legions DX aren't on sale

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm not sure if they activated sales on any other games. Been searching popular games and nothing is on sale.

Hundreds of games on XBLA, thousands of other bits of content and the sale we get is that? Maybe they're saving the good stuff for Monday but Christ that's terrible.

Natiko

Banned
Does the fan appreciate part of the sale last through Monday at least? Might wait to see the Monday exclusive deals and decide then on the ones we already know about if so.

Top Bottom