• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1-2 Switch near 1 million shipped, Super Bomberman R > 500k, Snipperclips >350k

Eh, I'm getting it but I doubt that it will have the kind of impact that Bomberman has had. They could have launched with CapVsTatsu2 and made everyone cream their pants but they chose to come with a nearly ten year-old enhanced port of SSF2HD instead.
A new Tatsunko would have been Japan exclusive. Even with the ability to play imported games the sales would not have been a lot.
Err.. probably. It sold 500,000 copies. It would be strange if you didn't see used copies.

Or is this an agenda post?
I don't see a lot of people hanging on to it.

This got left out, looks like Puyo Puyo Tetris S at least got visual acknowledgement for being successful alongside Bomberman:

snipjeuc6.png

Ultra Street Figter 2 is going to do much MUCH better than people here think. My local Podunk Gamestop has like 30 preorders according to my buddy that works there.

Oh, I definitely think it's going to sell well. You're right, GAF will be way off on this one, as usual when it comes to Switch.

BUT if it had been available at launch, it would have done even better.

Oh, I definitely think it's going to sell well. You're right, GAF will be way off on this one, as usual when it comes to Switch.

BUT if it had been available at launch, it would have done even better.
I think ARMS is gonna kill it's sales. It only has 3 weeks to make money.

Cuz it's a low risky game.

Capcom gotta worry about Mahvel, SFV, and RE. Their plate is full.
Yeah they could have gotten it ready for launch its low risk
To be honest and this may not be evident but it's been consistently charting in amazon US for a while and showed up at COMG with over 30 days left and 13 points(may do as much as SFV :/)
I hope it does good, Im day one

Crazyorloco

Bomberman is back. Now konami please keep supporting it.

Great news for all these games. I hope snipperclips gets more content or a sequel.

hm, feel Sorry for FAST.
Did it not get mentioned at all?
FAST is by Shin'en. Bomberman is mentioned because Nintendo played some part in its creation. FAST did, however, hover around the top three spots for all of march and had never left the top 20.

It's cracked 100K at least, easily.

Theswweet

Holy crap, I was guessing that maybe Bomberman had broke 200k, but 500k? Yeah, there's basically no way that Konami doesn't greenlight a bunch of AA games for Switch now.

hatchx

Banned
3rd parties left money on the table. So much money.

Capcom is next when they ship 250k+ overpriced copies of street fighter 2, they'll laugh all the way to the bank.

I expect a lot of announcements in the next 6 months.

Cerium

3rd parties left money on the table. So much money.

Capcom is next when they ship 250k+ overpriced copies of street fighter 2, they'll laugh all the way to the bank.

I expect a lot of announcements in the next 6 months.

SF2 comes two weeks before ARMS.

I dunno.

I'm thrilled about Bomberman, but I hope Konami keeps their expectations in check for the series and realize that this only happened because it came out on white-hot hardware with almost no other games to buy.

Ridley327

Who would have thought that Konami, of all companies, would be the smart one come the launch of the Switch. They just clowned every other third party in Japan.

Fiendcode

I think the real missed Capcom opportunity was not having a UMVC3 port day one. It would've been well timed with the other ports, moved a ton a units and still not really taken away from USF2 later on.

Josh5890

I think the real missed Capcom opportunity was not having a UMVC3 port day one. It wouldn't been well timed with the other ports, moved a ton a units and still not really taken away from USF2 later on.

You know what, that would've been smart. It would've gone a long way for both Capcom and Nintendo. Too bad they missed the boat badly with that.

Striek

Its way too speculative to say that other third parties missed out. Bomberman had a good result, but with more competition who knows how it would've sold. The Switch hasn't exactly shipped a lot of software to retailers so far even by launch standards (due to lineup).

Mory Dunz

FAST RMX was not handled by Nintendo at all, so it does not really need to mention it. SnipperClips and Bomberman had Nintendo's hand in them.

FAST is by Shin'en. Bomberman is mentioned because Nintendo played some part in its creation. FAST did, however, hover around the top three spots for all of march and had never left the top 20.

It's cracked 100K at least, easily.

didn't know nintendo was involved in bomberman. Guess it makes sense now

Top Bottom