• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1-2 Switch near 1 million shipped, Super Bomberman R > 500k, Snipperclips >350k

Capcom give me Switch physical of Remake 1, Zero, Remake 2, and Outbreak Vol. 1&2 HD.

I'll take digital but I want to build a cartridge library. :(

Konami I will take ports of the 360 version of the MGS collection, as well as a port of MGSV.

how about an MG1 remake?

Castlevania R 2.5D or 2D when? Super Switch N Ghosts N Ghouls N Goblins R when?
Konami, money is waiting to be printed in the form Gradius cartridges and other fantastic old properties that you happen to own.
Silent Hills pls nintendo.

NolbertoS

But I thought GAF told me 1,2 Switch was the second coming of Devils Third and was gonna bomb so hard. Glad 1,2 Switch is doing surprisingly well for a cheap indie type quirky game.

Hope Konami makes a Bomberman 2R soon

people said Bomberman would be bargain bin status a month after launch

I'm still waiting

Yeah where are the bombabin threads.

Nowhere.

I had a gut feeling it would do well, the game looked very appealing to me as a fan of Bomberman games of old.

Which this looks like it plays from what I've seen, and heard from others who have played like Bomberman 93 or so and the new game.

Snipperclips looks amazing so i am glad they are doing well.

Deserves to do more then bomberman, its perfectly suited to the Switch playstyle

But I thought GAF told me 1,2 Switch was the second coming of Devils Third and was gonna bomb so hard. Glad 1,2 Switch is doing surprisingly well for a cheap indie type quirky game.

Hope Konami makes a Bomberman 2R soon
There was a good game in Devil's Third. The single player was six hours of Itagaki's booze-driven insanity. If only some of the technical problems could have been ironed out.

Multiplayer was good fun too.

Nightbird

Nintendo to Third Parties like

zNXvBiNNcrjDW.gif

Hero

That's insane for Bomberman. Really hope this spurs Konami to resurrecting other lost franchises. Contra, Castlevania, Gradius!

Not surprised that NeoGAF gets it wrong again after bashing Super Bomberman R. The game is still loads of fun with multiplayer (and only getting better after the patch).

OK Konami, now bring back Castlevania...

64 style!
Nooooooo...

Konami x Good Feel is what we need! 2D, Metroidvania. Hell, remake Simon's Quest with an expansive 2D overworld and decent sized castles. Reuse sprites.

Cheap. Nostalgic. In good hands with Good Feel.

I just sold you another >500k copies of a game, Konami.

Zalman

Happy for Bomberman. Goes to show the benefit of being a launch title, especially when there aren't many other options.

Nooooooo...

Konami x Good Feel is what we need! 2D, Metroidvania. Hell, remake Simon's Quest with an expansive 2D overworld and decent sized castles. Reuse sprites.

Cheap. Nostalgic. In good hands with Good Feel.

I just sold you another >500k copies of a game, Konami.

Omg a Castlevania Woolly World...

ggx2ac

Capcom would be wise to port over RE 4, 5, and 6 as quick as possible.

RE 5 would make a lot of sense because​ of co-op aspect if local multiplayer is possible and that it has tank controls which is doable on single Joy-Cons.

However, they could release a new Resident Evil Mercenaries (referring to the 3ds game), it would do just as good.

Capcom would be wise to port over RE 4, 5, and 6 as quick as possible.

As fond as I am of Capcom's unsurpassed ability to port or re-release the same game, I rather they had released a new IP and cultivated it alongside the Switch hype (ala Phoenix Wright and the GBA). Naturally this comes with certain risks: we witnessed what happened with Zack and Wiki. But with all these big titles they're busy with and their latest sales results, they need to harvest more economy-sized franchises to help support their more expensive projects and themselves.

Top Bottom