• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1-2 Switch near 1 million shipped, Super Bomberman R > 500k, Snipperclips >350k

hemo memo

Gold Member
Your loss, the game is worth it

To you. It's not worth it for that price when I have Mario Kart 8D and Zelda:botw and Persona 5 and and buying Nier:A soon so by the time I finish all of them I can buy it at a lower price.

Interesting game but the price is high and not my opinion alone if you read reviews. You're not wrong, it's just worth it at that price for you and not worth it for me.

Not my loss.

mclem

Is it a remake like overdrive or a new installment?

Digital Foundry (because they liked the amusing idea of comparing a Switch game with an approximate NES equivalent!) described it as a 're-imagining'

I believe it's a fundamentally new game that treads the same plot beats as the original title. Based on the accompanying artwork, I'm assuming it's the Japanese storyline (which is in itself somewhat different from the US one, no "your pet frog fell down a hole in your back garden" there!)

Unfortunately, I'm not well-versed enough in the series to give a more concrete answer than that.

Fularu

Banned
To you. It's not worth it for that price when I have Mario Kart 8D and Zelda:botw and Persona 5 and and buying Nier:A soon so by the time I finish all of them I can buy it at a lower price.

Interesting game but the price is high and not my opinion alone if you read reviews. You're not wrong, it's just worth it at that price for you and not worth it for me.

Not my loss.
It's your loss because judging by past good Bomberman games, this one will probably get more expensive once Konami moves on and stops producing it when the sales slow down.

Your "cheap" window of opportunity qull be prety small

-shadow-

Hope they'll update Snipperclips with more stages. I finished the game a few days after launch and was like: "That's it?"

I wouldn't mind some metal Gear Solid collection on Switch, Vandal Hearts, Snatcher, Pro Evo, YuGiOh, silent hill hd remake, and Suikoden would all be good also.

A Castlevania Souls game would be really good.

Was originally gonna ignore Bomberman, but seeing the patch that just came out and all the improvements it got, I might have to give it a shot when I get my Switch later this year.

It's your loss because judging by past good Bomberman games, this one will probably get more expensive once Konami moves on and stops producing it when the sales slow down.

Digital versions mostly stop that from being a problem. There will be digital sales down the line at some point, even if the retail card never gets printed again.

hemo memo

Gold Member

They're not removing the game from the eShop and it'll go down in price because it looks low-mid budget.

You see the value in that price but I don't.

No one is wrong here.

AColdDay

Could it be....

mhR7S6n.jpg

Let them hate. 1 2 Switch is a blast everytime we have guests come over, and my kid loves playing it so we've gotten our money's worth out of it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've tried it. I didn't like it at all. People can enjoy whatever they want. You don't need to take my opinion personally.

I have no dog in the hunt and am not taking anything personally, as I am not interested in the game to begin with, but you can't really hide behind "we all have our own personal tastes, it just wasn't for me" when you say it "looks like an abomination," implying that you haven't tried it. People are allowed to rib you for stuff like that. Nobody would have reacted if you led with this reasonable post.

It's a fun party game, especially for people who don't mind embarrassing themselves. I think the biggest mistake they made was pricing. I think if it was $10 cheaper people wouldn't have broken out their soapboxes.

Was (maybe still is) available at about 30 quid in the uk, i bought it still not got round to playing yet

Zalman

I would love to see a Snipperclips expansion along with a retail release. I think that could make it an even bigger success.

I have no dog in the hunt and am not taking anything personally, as I am not interested in the game to begin with, but you can't really hide behind "we all have our own personal tastes, it just wasn't for me" when you say it "looks like an abomination," implying that you haven't tried it. People are allowed to rib you for stuff like that. Nobody would have reacted if you led with this reasonable post.

My implication was that based on how it looks combined with mixed/negative reviews and lack of buzz, I wouldn't have expected it to do well. I want the Switch to do well, so I'll take all the successes it can get even if I don't personally like some of it.

Top Bottom