• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Turok 2 canned, layoffs?

CTLance

On the topic of tea:

I'd like to recommend the chinese Ba bao cha, aka eight treasures tea. Recharges my power like nothing else. Great after physical or emotional stress. I only have three packs left. :(

Also, turkish Ada chai in the typical tea glasses, with lump or rock sugar at the bottom. Love that stuff.

Finally, peppermint "tea". Dirt cheap, tasty, smells great, very agreeable.

Milk only belongs in black tea or the other "harsh" tasting teas IMHO - perfect combination, though. Yum.

HylianTom

Banned
JayDubya said:
Tea is good. This thread is now about tea.

Yum. I like Stash's green & white fusion tea. Delicious, and makes me feel better when I'm under the weather.

51015K4NG0L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

That said, I'm going to have a cup and toast to Bish.

goldenpp72

Well, I only recently bought turok for 10 bucks, and while severely flawed it turned out rather well and had a lot of room for growth, it's a shame the series may not return from the original devs.

I mean come on, it was better than too human in like every way and took a lot less time, SK is still running :/

Brannon

Thai Iced Tea.

Drinks_ThaiIceTea.128132141_std.jpg

Truly it is a delicatessical decadence for the tongue.

This also calls for a new Turok. Aptly named Turok: Defiance, to defy the naysayers. More dinos, more mercs, more throat-rips, more!

Prax

Earl Grey + sweet condensed milk = awesome, and I feel so sophisticated!
Rooibos tea + sugar + iced = awesome
Chrysanthemum tea + sugar = awesome. A childhood favourite.
Chamomile tea + sugar + iced = awesome. So light and calming.
Dragon Pearl Tea (green tea rolled into balls) + sugar = soooo awesome. Iced or with milk
Artichoke tea + sugar = very interesting and for some reason smells like chocolate.

I also like drinking strawberry-flavoured and other kinds of fruity teas on occasion as well.
White tea is also cool, as well as other crazy teas, like peppermint, rose, etc. I just really like experimenting with teas in general.

Right now.. I don't even know what I'm drinking. I think It's called Lady Grey tea from Twinnings (has a bit of citrus hints to it), with sugar and.. .. .... Coffee Mate added. Haha, I know, I'm bad! It's still good!

Replace any sugar+milk combination with sweet condensed milk (I like the Longevity/old man Brand from nostalgia) for extra goodness.

Tea should be sweet unless you are eating cookies/cake that will sweeten your mouoth before hand!

I'm drinking Mtn Dew wishing for Turok 2.

First game showed real promise, despite it's flaws. I was honestly hoping for a sequel, what a shame. I also heard it sold or at least shipped over 1 million. Times must be tough indeed if those aren't enough numbers to fund a sequel.

_Xenon_

Banned
How is Turok sales anyway? Any LTD number or anything?
SuperEnemyCrab said:
First game showed real promise, despite it's flaws. I was honestly hoping for a sequel, what a shame. I also heard it sold or at least shipped over 1 million. Times must be tough indeed if those aren't enough numbers to fund a sequel.
WOW, 1 million is bad number now?

CTLance

Doc Evils said:
You should try Turkish Tea:
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2n1ga5x.jpg[/IMG]
tastes nice and sweet. 2 sugars.
...or without sugar to complement the humongous sugar content and awesome taste of turkish sweets. I really miss that stuff.

Die Squirrel Die said:
The man wants a drink a refreshing beverage, not something that tastes like hobo piss.
Well, yes, yes it does. I had to go with it for the T reference though. Tennent's is, in fact, awful. Please don't drink lots of it. Well actually, I suppose if you're going to drink any, then lots is probably the way to go.

I don't drink much in the way of tea but it'd usually be plain old PG Tips or similar with milk and one sugar.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
HallucinatingElvis said:
I dont understand all these weird flavored tea's.

it's simply Red Rose(I Love You Grammy!) and milk.

OMG, I'm a Red Rose addict! I'm not gong to talk about the figurines, though k?

I don't put milk in mine either (US broken) but I'm amazed people didn't know that the Brits consider it sacrilege to pass. Whenever my Brit friends are around, and they make tea, they put fucking milk in mine :(

Bish, sorry about your company. I've been ravaged already by this economy, but I still feel awful everytime this news comes to a head.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I like where this thread went.

Straight up Ito En green tea baby. People that put sugar in ruin tea.

Oolong is my second choice if green isn't around.

Best of luck bish!

beat

Big-E said:
Why is Vancouver taking all this damage? Our dollar is shit again though we are the least affordable city in North America so that might have something to do with it.
SF and NYC are less affordable than Vancouver, at least in my opinion. I live in Vancouver and check Zillow/CL on the former two regularly just because I kinda wish I lived there.

Sorry to hear about Propaganda. And EAC. And Nexon Vancouver. And Hothead? And EAX. And Backbone Vancouver. And Radical. ... and I sure hope I don't have to say any more of those anytime soon.

John Dunbar said:
i put milk in coffee but milk in tea? how would that even work?
You all may be interested in HK-style milk tea, preferably the cold version. You start with about 6g of black tea (this is about 3 teabags if you get the standard N. American size), 6-8 oz of hot water, and 3 or more teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk. Optionally chill in a fridge or over a ton of ice. It's like Thai iced tea, but without the extra spices. You can get this in many Chinese restaurants in Vancouver (esp in Richmond), or at joints like Quickly in, say, California.

I love it so much I now occasionally make black tea ice cream, which is fairly awesome. I really don't get why no ice cream maker has jumped on this even though you can get green tea ice cream nearly anywhere.

Prax

Graphics Horse said:
Unless you like the taste of tea.

I do like the taste of tea... enhanced by sugar!
Plus, I am not a fan of bitterness.. which is why my coffee is also always drowning in milk and sugar.

I'll probably get diabetes.

nyong

Banned
Sorry to those who lost their jobs. I enjoyed Turok for what it's worth.

And I'm sipping on a nice hot cup of peppermint tea right now:

PeppermintTea.jpg

Xabora

JayDubya said:
But seriously, sweet tea. Best kind of tea, amirite? See, they brew it with copious amounts of sugar. Putting the sugar in at the end is too weaksauce.
WTF? Sugar? Thats vile and destorys the tea.
Use Honey dude, world of a difference.

And good to hear the studio is still up. :D

bishoptl said:
This thread has taken a nice turn. :lol

More
2u90e0y.jpg

recommendations, please.
Classic Turok/2/3/RW on XBLA/PSN with Online Multiplayer = Pantsspooge.

I have no comments about the Turok games, but it always sucks to hear about more people losing their jobs. It's happening all around me, and I'm not even sure about the security my current job, either. So, my condolences to all affected, including Bish.

On the topic of delicious tea, I like to drink oolong, jasmine, and green tea with toasted brown rice, all without milk. Also, mark me down as another Thai iced tea lover. I brew my own, making big pots of it at a time. That way I can have a large pitcher of it in my fridge, at the ready, along with some half & half to top it off.

Kukuk

Banned
I'm still haven't forgiven them for muffing up the PS3 port of Turok, so I'm not as distraught by this news as others are. :lol

CTLance

Xabora said:
WTF? Sugar? Thats vile and destorys the tea.
Use Honey dude, world of a difference.
But there are so many ways to enjoy tea, based on context (what you're eating alongside) some sweeteners gain or lose some aspects - and the tea itself restricts the kind of sweetness you can add. Then there's the mood you're in, adding another dimension. Preparing and drinking tea can be an incredibly deep experience.

Neglected tea addon: Tea rum. It's cold outside where I live, so making a strong, sweet tea with a bit of an edge that's strengthening and letting the warmth wash through me is just heavenly bliss. So good.

Ganhyun

JayDubya said:
But seriously, sweet tea. Best kind of tea, amirite? See, they brew it with copious amounts of sugar. Putting the sugar in at the end is too weaksauce.

Southern U.S.A. sweet tea. Best tea there is, was, or ever will be*. :D

*Just my opinion on the subject. I know others will disagree.

JdFoX187

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
How is Turok sales anyway? Any LTD number or anything?
There was a press release about a month after the game came out stating it had gone over one million WW.

But just ask Eidos about how bad a million seller can be.

Raistlin

Aristotlekh said:
I put some milk in my tea once and it made it all creamy and good instead of shitty and not good. Is it shunnable behavior to put dairy product in tea?

Certainly not. Some Bailey's is even better ;) ...

That said,
Lonesome_Raod said:
Quite. Only barbarians and savages drink tea without milk.

Well, it matters the tea. That could be really gross.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My tea recommendations: Roobios, Gunpowder Green tea, Irish Breakfast, Chamomile, and Yerba Mate (especially, if you can find it, the "dark roast" mate).

If you like, you can also mix some of those teas together, for example: 60/70% Mate and 40/30% Roobios or Chamomile can make a tasty drink.

Oh, and you should switch to loose leaf tea. See the Good Eats episode "True Brew 2" for details!

sullytao

I didn't like the first one but I am sad to hear about the jobs. Just thinking how much different the industry could look once the recession finally comes to an end is a pretty frightening thought.

Sucks hard for turok fans, really really hard for the employees :(

You keep hearing about how the industry is recession proof but stuff like this happens every week now it seems.

Raistlin

bishoptl said:
This thread has taken a nice turn. :lol

More
2u90e0y.jpg

recommendations, please.

Hey Bish, hope things are well ... or as well as can be.

For teas, I highly recommend checking if you have a Teavana in your area. Their selection is unfuckingbelievable. My new hotness, is a White/Chai blend they demoed (I'd have to look up which particular white and Chai were used).

I brew it with a touch of natural honey and blue agave nectar. OMG ... 0_0 .. amazing. And the shit packs a punch every bit as strong as coffee. It's now a part of my morning ritual.

BakedPigeon said:
Sucks hard for turok fans, really really hard for the employees :(

You keep hearing about how the industry is recession proof but stuff like this happens every week now it seems.

I've always thought that the"recession proof" comment meant that gamers will still buy games regardless of the economic climate.

Top Bottom