• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Japanese Launch Thread

Effect

The big question is how quickly will Nintendo be able to send out additional shipments.

Capcom and Nintendo are going to make some serious money over the next few months when it comes to software I think (hardware is a given with Nintendo). Super Street Fighter 4 3DS and Nintendogs + Cats are clearly the best looking 3DS games (no doubt they'll handle great as well). I wonder which one will come out on top.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How many total 3DS units does cvxfreak have preorders for? We need a shot of him picking them all up and the look on peoples faces.

Meier

I don't usually like the way poodles look but that box cover is the cutest f'ing thing I've ever seen. How could a little kid and their mom say no?

can you guys in Japan tell us what Software you plan to get?

I wanted a software sales prediction thread but looking at the list again I really have no clue who will be on top.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Ah cool thanks. Hoping Pilotwings turns out better than expected

Smiles and Cries said:

I wanted a software sales prediction thread but looking at the list again I really have no clue who will be on top.
Nintendogs + Layton?

Smiles and Cries said:

Famitsu lists how many readers have expressed interest in each title on its release calendar here.

Amazon 3DS sales rankings are here.

It's looking like this:

1. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
2. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
3. Nintendogs + Cats
4. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
5. Ridge Racer 3D

Myself, I'm looking at SSFIV and maybe Layton.

angelfly

The day Love Plus 3DS is released is the day I buy a 3DS. So far there haven't been any other system sellers for me. Will be interesting to see how the launch turns out.

- J - D -

Would the 3DS launch line-up be considered good in the past? Because I get the overwhelming feeling (not just here on GAF, but on many online publications) that everybody thinks the launch titles all suck or something. I don't get that sentiment.

sfried

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Would the 3DS launch line-up be considered good in the past? Because I get the overwhelming feeling (not just here on GAF, but on many online publications) that everybody thinks the launch titles all suck or something. I don't get that sentiment.
Definitely better than the original DS, thats for sure.

BishopLamont said:
Was there ever a doubt?

but to say it at day one like that and they only forced announced it because a newspaper was going to leak the Sharp 3D screen

sure I doubted it would not be Holiday 2011

dvolovets

Cheesemeister said:
Famitsu lists how many readers have expressed interest in each title on its release calendar here.

Amazon 3DS sales rankings are here.

It's looking like this:

1. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
2. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
3. Nintendogs + Cats
4. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
5. Ridge Racer 3D

Myself, I'm looking at SSFIV and maybe Layton.
Fuck yeah. If this is any indicator of Layton's sales, then all is right in the world. Or, err, in Japan at least. :)

I am still in shock about a lot of things from reading the old thread

I can't believe Nintendo does not have Mario or Zelda at Launch

and I cannot believe Sony skipped 3D!

now I cannot wait to see what a new Zelda made from the ground up for 3DS is like (not the port)

And a true 3DS Mario (not a port of Galaxy or anything else) Some thing like how Galaxy was made for Wii in mind. A 3DS Mario o_O

metsallica said:
Is there a frontrunner for best 3DS case yet? I preordered this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KPH7TS/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and was wondering what others have chosen. Is there a 3DS accessories thread?

I dunno about that case you posted, looks like a velcro system and I hate velcro used in cases. They always look ghetto over time.

Play-Asia has a lot of cases for pre-order. I'm digging the Easy Pouch by Hori.

pa.190868.1.jpg

Personally, I'm gonna be rocking a Club Nintendo Mario Hat case or a Club Nintendo Mario pouch.

- J - D -

Smiles and Cries said:
And a true 3DS Mario (not a port of Galaxy or anything else) Some thing like how Galaxy was made for Wii in mind. A 3DS Mario o_O

There's been word confirming a New Super Mario bros. 3DS. Does that count?

Was nearly there for the JPN launch but decided to go UK for the first year or so and then pick up a Japanese unit at a later date. Looking forward to reading/watching/hearing impressions of the hardware and launch lineup though!

careksims

That's crazy! It's this week!? and the US launch is next month!? Seems time is going fast. Looking forward to all the hoopla on the Japanese launch :)

Kard8p3

Flek said:
a year isn´t that long ;)

It'll be more than 2 years most likely. They said in a recent Iwata Asks that they have no short term plans to do a new model of the 3DS like they did with the DS.

swerve

Smiles and Cries said:

I'm getting SF4 and Nintendogs with mine. And until Cheese made this thread, I hadn't realized it was SO CLOSE.

Vanille

Kard8p3 said:
It'll be more than 2 years most likely. They said in a recent Iwata Asks that they have no short term plans to do a new model of the 3DS like they did with the DS.

Well, of course they're going to say that. It means nothing really.

Nintendo DS to DS Lite took one and a half years, and that was planned, due to the DS being rushed to meet the PSP launch. The 3DS hasn't been rushed to beat Sony, it's designed exactly how Nintendo wanted, so unless there's some huge advance in technology over the next couple years, I can't see Nintendo releasing a new 3DS. I mean, it can't possibly get smaller, and with its screen technology, the larger the screen the harder it is to find/remain in the sweet spot for 3D, so it can't really get larger (XL-style) either.

Edit:
And the DSi came out 2 years, 9 months after the DS Lite. I don't see how anyone could think the 3DS would get any kind of revamp in a short amount of time.

Dreamwriter said:
I mean, it can't possibly get smaller, and with its screen technology, the larger the screen the harder it is to find/remain in the sweet spot for 3D, so it can't really get larger (XL-style) either.

Really? How do you reckon that?

Surely the "sweet spot" for a parallax barrier LCD would be larger with a larger screen.

Top Bottom