• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Joeku

Yeah you could tell Vinny was a little worried that it was going too far but that honestly dude was playing exactly the kind of crass, chauvinist scumbag that an actual Hitman villain would be.

Yep, that is exactly it. The
"fucked me in the ass" and the pelvic thrusting with an unlit cigarette in his mouth,
it's the perfect kind of asshole in 2017. Reminded me of the dude getting a massage talking about the dirty masses outside the Swedish consulate. Just, yeah, fuckin' kill that guy, please.

shit that's good

we need alex to fight for it

FUCK

THOSE GUITARS

AHHHH

I give you (possibly with Yakuza 0 spoilers) the best kind of guitar tone there is, that island sunset-sounding thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKKGdxbjnt8

Tagyhag

Man, No Man's Sky is finally getting the praise it deserved since the first content update and it makes me so happy. It's a friggin' awesome survival game now with some of the most gorgeous use of color ever used in a video game. Check it:

https://twitter.com/Crisdaru/status/895072769926410240

The fact that the game generated everything in that picture and it all looks handmade (the placement not the assets) is so ridiculously impressive

Also have to think about the freedom you have in the game. Like, you all know that you can just hop in your ship and fly directly at the planet in the sky. It's not just some pretty skybox , it's a real, physical thing.

I can go on and on, ahhhhhh! I really recommend looking up some GDC talks and other shows with people like Innes McKendrick or Sean Murray talking.

Did they fix the landing? Can you crash into things?

Megasoum

Banned
Continuing the long series of "Megasoum finally watches a super popular movie for the first time at least 20 years too late"....

I just watched Dr Strangelove for the first time... Great movie

Tagyhag

Continuing the long series of "Megasoum finally watches a super popular movie for the first time at least 20 years too late"....

To be fair, I don't think it's that popular.

But yeah, so good.

MEIN FUHRER...I CAN WALK

I'd be interested in a GB stream/upf/playdate of the new NMS update.

I think some form of playdate would do it service. I did see them installing the game on the latest GBE megadate, so maybe they'll look at it?

Might be hard to really show off new stuff though, especially if they start fresh. If I were to cover it, I'd play it in creative mode. That way, they'd be able to show off the base building, freighters, etc, without worrying about surviving.

Does have multiplayer? Like real multiplayer?

They just patched in a form of MP, yes.

As of right now, you can meetup with 15 other people and explore the universe together. However, other players are represented by orbs of light since MP is just being introduced.

You can find someone super easily by going to a portal and typing in their co-ordinates via glyphs, little symbols you input into the portal's control panels. That will bring you to whatever planet they're on.

Maybe I should re-install No Man Sky... Haven't played since launch month

Duuuude, so much has changed! If you knew everything that was added, you'd be super overwhelmed! There's been three gigantic content drops since release that have added things like base building, farming, vehicles, a 30 hour story, mining machines, an economy, endless generated missions, a new race, new ships, new flight controls, new weapons, multiplayer lite, photo mode, a complete UI overhaul, inventory overhaul (you now don't have to install upgrades in your inventory space, thank god), and so much more. This was just some stuff I could name of the top of my head! You should checkout the pages for all of the updates. Here they are in order of release:

Foundation Update

Pathfinder Update

Atlas Rises Update

- J - D -

I think some form of playdate would do it service. I did see them installing the game on the latest GBE megadate, so maybe they'll look at it?

Might be hard to really show off new stuff though, especially if they start fresh. If I were to cover it, I'd play it in creative mode. That way, they'd be able to show off the base building, freighters, etc, without worrying about surviving.

Preferably whoever had put in the most time with the game originally should be the one to take a deep dive into the update, but I don't actually remember who that was. Jeff did a 2+ hour solo stream of NMS last year, but I'm not sure if he stuck with it afterwards.

They just patched in a form of MP, yes.

As of right now, you can meetup with 15 other people and explore the universe together. However, other players are represented by orbs of light since MP is just being introduced.

You can find someone super easily by going to a portal and typing in their co-ordinates via glyphs, little symbols you input into the portal's control panels. That will bring you to whatever planet they're on.

So... no

:D

Dineren

Banned
I wanna double dip on NMS on PC

but I hear it runs badly :(

It didn't run great for me(i5 4670k 4GHz, 980, 16GB RAM) so I ended up getting the PS4 version. Although, apparently the latest update has bad performance on a Pro so I'll be waiting for a patch regardless.

Finished my 3rd rewatch of the original Twin Peaks series. Still so fucking good. Those last 20 or so minutes from the final episode of S2 made me tear up. Well actually, this moment. God damn though, still fucking mesmerizing.

dr-strangelove-ripper.png

precious bodily fluids

BTA

Finished my 3rd rewatch of the original Twin Peaks series. Still so fucking good. Those last 20 or so minutes from the final episode of S2 made me tear up. Well actually, this moment. God damn though, still fucking mesmerizing.

dr-strangelove-ripper.png

precious bodily fluids

I'm literally about to watch the last 2 episodes of it for the first time right now, so good timing, hah.

Joeku

Welp, replaying Wolfenstein TNO again. Gonna hit the standalone thing afterwards. Still feels really good.

giphy.gif

Cannot wait to murder KKK nazis in a couple months.

Megasoum

Banned
Started a new game in NMS.... Glad to see that they finally got out of early access almost 2 years after release.

Also the game feel very sluggish like I had low framerates even tho I'm locked at 30 (I can't get stable 60 with everything maxed out on my 1080...)

Harpuia

I was going to check that NMS update out..but turns out my brother sold it a while back. Oh well I guess. I have other better games to play.

BTA

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. The final episode is QUITE something.

I'm already feeling a little tired (it's midnight after all) so I may or may not leave the finale for the morning and just watch the rest of the Megadate tonight instead, but I'll definitely post something when I'm done, then.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, when I first booted up trails of cold steel I thought "huh, this looks pretty good for a PSp remaster"

But then I found out it started on the PS3 and Vita.

Oh falcom, never change your budget ass ways.

BTA

So apparently I just got locked out of my PSN account and I wonder if it's happened to any of you before? It would be pretty reassuring if so.

I suddenly got a password reset email, which was worrying, but it looks like I got logged out on everything which doesn't seem like someone hacked my account. Trying to log in doesn't tell me that the password's wrong either, but it does say "an update of your account information is required". Of course, for some reason the reset links don't work half the time, and when they do, it asks me for my birthday which... is apparently not my real one, which is confusing. The other option is a security question where the answer could easily be written so many different ways that could I can't believe they offered it and that I used it.

...so I'm just gonna watch the rest of Megadate to take my mind off things and sleep. Guess I gotta pray and spend some time on support chat when that opens at 10 AM, ugh.

(And once I have my account back, I'll finish Twin Peaks.)

oti

Banned
That Olympics discussion. Wowza.

That "dude" from the IOC, Bach, is the president.
Jeff thought Tokyo showing Mario at the Rio ending ceremony meant they'd introduce video games? What? Has he never seen the Olympics before?
The IOC needs to introduce gaming to keep up revenues? What? Does esports kill sports or something?
While I can see why Alex dislikes the Games, they are far greater than the body organising them.

Joeku

Started a new game in NMS.... Glad to see that they finally got out of early access almost 2 years after release.

Also the game feel very sluggish like I had low framerates even tho I'm locked at 30 (I can't get stable 60 with everything maxed out on my 1080...)

Did the same after about a year, and after switching to a 60 fps vsync setting, it's locked unless it's loading things quickly (like leaving planetside/landing), wonder what's up with that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
In recent times maybe, but that's mostly because it should not be given to nations that can't support the infrastructure. I think they're starting to not do that?

Throughout history I'd say it's still a net positive.

oti

Banned
I think it'd be pretty hard to argue that the Olympics is a net positive

That doesn't make much sense. Say Greece, sure. Such a small country should not organise that big of an event and the IOC is clearly moving away from that happening again. But Paris and LA? Unless they mismanage it greatly, it should be a net positive.

They could also try and do the Olympics in several smaller neighbouring countries at the same time.

Joeku

So the Olympics are a net positive to cities in nations that already can handle the infrastructure needed and thus are already tourism and travel central.

No city that isn't already a global travel hub is going to land the Olympics and then be great from then on unless they were already on that path.

The sad conclusion therein is that is doesn't affect anything positively and can only fuck up more destitute regions, and thus gives the world a sad digestible piece of entertainment for a month that eventually just fades out to nothing.

Top Bottom