• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Is there a difference in how the classes level up? My assault, support, and scout classes are all level 10, but for some reason, my scout score is 200k less than the other two.

Also, is there a way to check my level progress for the cavalry class? It doesn't have the customize option like pilot and tanker.

Is there a difference in how the classes level up? My assault, support, and scout classes are all level 10, but for some reason, my scout score is 200k less than the other two.

Also, is there a way to check my level progress for the cavalry class? It doesn't have the customize option like pilot and tanker.

In the main menu you can. I forget whats its called. But it has a list of all the weapons, service stars, etc.

Classes have different amount of points to rank up.

Assault and Support are 50k per level.
Medic is 45k per level.
Scout is 30k per level.
Pilot is 25k per level
Tanker is 60k per level.
Cavalry is 35k per level.

You can see this ingame. From the main menu go to:

Solider>Weapons & Gadgets. Then you just click on whatever class and you'll see your progression.

Classes have different amount of points to rank up.

Assault and Support are 50k per level.
Medic is 45k per level.
Scout is 30k per level.
Pilot is 25k per level
Tanker is 60k per level.
Cavalry is 35k per level.

You can see this ingame. From the main menu go to:

Solider>Weapons & Gadgets. Then you just click on whatever class and you’ll see your progression.

In the main menu you can. I forget whats its called. But it has a list of all the weapons, service stars, etc.

Awesome, thanks! Yup, these are things I didn't know.

Guys, this game is fun and I really like it. Just thought I'd share that.

Honestly, my only issues with the game are how tanks can easily repair out of a disable (the quick-repair skill should honestly just not exist; it'd make tanks a lot more balanced, as they're already so powerful), how difficult it is to shoot down airplanes, and the lousy scoring system in Conquest (they already had it down perfectly by BF4, and changed it to something inarguably worse).

Other than that, the game's really great. Where it took BF4 over two years to really reach its potential, BF1 doesn't really have any major issues outside of Conquest, tanks, and planes. And they're all pretty straightforward fixes.

Turkoop

Banned
Guys, I thought it would be nice to play few hours yesterday but I have met the worst teammates ever. I mean how stupid a man/women have to be. Sometimes I am thinking that I'm playing with apes or so. Jesus

Some guy was a level 32 scout...

giphy.gif

This game also has some really bad players. This guy on my squad went 3-18 and he ended up fifth on our team. Just let that sink in, lol. Probably because most of my team are just scouts that do jack shit all the time.

Scouts can be very helpful ! But only if they do their job like spotting and killing other snipers.

Yeah, a scout that is actually decent. Spots/kills and uses flares is very helpful. However, a majority of these fuckers aren't. They sit super far away from any objective. They don't spot shit because they don't want someone taking their kill. They don't use flares because they are too far away. The only time they use them is if someone is getting close to them. They don't bother with K-bullets and would rather just use their traps so they can camp. Also they can't hit shit half the time.

Seriously, fuck scouts. A large portion of them are just useless. Even if you're bad at other classes, you can at least contribute something. Bad scouts are just a waste of space.

/rant

I'm kind of trying to figure out how to improve the AA system. The current one is weird. Them being so limited means that planes often feel overpowered (especially on offense in Operations), but if there's people actually on them they're so powerful that the air game becomes basically irrelevant.

I like what they were going for, BF4 and Battlefront were kind of Lock-On Central which sucked, but this really isn't a good solution.

LORANT92

Just got the Archduke skin in a battlepack and immediately scrapped it by accident. Damn I'm stupid...

Wish I got it again
just to scrap it once more
While we're at it, why didn't they create a variant of each skin for every weapon so we're not stuck with the generic ass camp pattern legendaries? I mean they went through the trouble of creating some decent ones for the Lewis Gun and that thing just looks hideous no matter what.
I just want a black and gold Madsen and Remington 8 :(

Speaking of Middle Eastern maps, I love the look of these the best. The flowing sands, giant dunes, and beautiful colors make them look gorgeous. I really hope that there's more planned in future DLC packs.

I guess I've always been a sucker for deserts.

I really, really hate Elite kits. Especially in TDM and Domination, where they flat-out should not appear.

Also--and this probably isn't a popular opinion--I honestly don't think they should be able to resupply ammunition or be healed by medkits as a balancing factor. Especially on maps like Monte Grappa in the bunkers on Operations or Rush. A good player with an Elite kit can stay alive for damn near the entire match if their squad keeps them healed and resupplied.

Anyone else annoyed that camels aren't in any of the Middle East maps? I mean they can run just as fast as horses so what's the deal?

Camelry. DICE pls.

It's cheaper to recycle assets than to model and animate an entirely different animal.

WillyFive

I'm kind of trying to figure out how to improve the AA system. The current one is weird. Them being so limited means that planes often feel overpowered (especially on offense in Operations), but if there's people actually on them they're so powerful that the air game becomes basically irrelevant.

I like what they were going for, BF4 and Battlefront were kind of Lock-On Central which sucked, but this really isn't a good solution.

They have done a lot to fix them since launch, so much that I have no problem with them outside of the ones you put on trucks. At launch all of the AA weapons were so ridiculously overpowered that it made flying a nightmare.

I really, really hate Elite kits. Especially in TDM and Domination, where they flat-out should not appear.

Also--and this probably isn't a popular opinion--I honestly don't think they should be able to resupply ammunition or be healed by medkits as a balancing factor. Especially on maps like Monte Grappa in the bunkers on Operations or Rush. A good player with an Elite kit can stay alive for damn near the entire match if their squad keeps them healed and resupplied.

Camelry. DICE pls.

It's cheaper to recycle assets than to model and animate an entirely different animal.

Yeah, in the smaller game modes they aren't really balanced and should be remove. Larger modes it's not really a problem due to all the counters and player count.

Yeah, in the smaller game modes they aren't really balanced and should be remove. Larger modes it's not really a problem due to all the counters and player count.

The ones that are genuinely problematic are Elite kits for defenders on Monte Grappa Rush/Operations (especially the Flame Trooper in the bunkers) and the Tank Hunter on more open maps, especially when they can just sit back and snipe from a safe position (or even one the attackers can't reach without "return to the battlefield" prompts) and snipe with easy health/ammo refills. Otherwise, the Sentries are tolerable. In the end, I just think they're a pretty shitty mechanic either way, but if they're going to stay, there's not much to be done about them. The balancing factor for heroes and villains in SWBF was that there were only two that could heal, and they gave up some really powerful skills to do that (and healed on a cooldown). In BF1, you're one squad medic away from tossing you a health pack to bring you back to 100%.

As it stands, I can't touch TDM or DOM because Elite kits ruin those modes.

The ones that are genuinely problematic are Elite kits for defenders on Monte Grappa Rush/Operations (especially the Flame Trooper in the bunkers) and the Tank Hunter on more open maps, especially when they can just sit back and snipe from a safe position (or even one the attackers can't reach without "return to the battlefield" prompts) and snipe with easy health/ammo refills. Otherwise, the Sentries are tolerable. In the end, I just think they're a pretty shitty mechanic either way, but if they're going to stay, there's not much to be done about them. The balancing factor for heroes and villains in SWBF was that there were only two that could heal, and they gave up some really powerful skills to do that (and healed on a cooldown). In BF1, you're one squad medic away from tossing you a health pack to bring you back to 100%.

As it stands, I can't touch TDM or DOM because Elite kits ruin those modes.

Just wait until the Trench Raider guy! Pretty sure he's going to have a one hit melee and a shit ton of nades. Going to be op as fuck in cqc.

Finally got around to getting this game, and I think it's the worst Battlefield gave I've ever played, dating all the way back to Battlefield 2.

Aiming feels horrible and the amount of spam deaths is at a level I've never seen before.

I'm honestly shocked at how well received it is

I just played against some guy that had 100 services stars with the arty truck. If he died, he'd just wait on the deployment screen until he could respawn in one. How is that fun?

The Flash

Banned
Finally got around to getting this game, and I think it's the worst Battlefield gave I've ever played, dating all the way back to Battlefield 2.

Aiming feels horrible and the amount of spam deaths is at a level I've never seen before.

RIP

I just played against some guy that had 100 services stars with the arty truck. If he died, he'd just wait on the deployment screen until he could respawn in one. How is that fun?

That's something I don't get either. Or those guys flying up and down the map the whole match, doing continuous bombing runs. It's not what I would call fun, but to each their own I guess.

Haha wat

Some people just like being shits, I guess. I'm a good tanker, but I'm not going to spend every hour of in-game time in a heavy tank. That's just nonsense.

Just wait until the Trench Raider guy! Pretty sure he's going to have a one hit melee and a shit ton of nades. Going to be op as fuck in cqc.

I'll create a wall of dynamite between me and him. Hopefully. Otherwise, heaven forbid.

Its just my opinion, I don't like the game at all. There's nothing wrong with that, and I didn't want to start a new thread over it.

For some reason the game does not click for me at all, I legit hate it. Which is shocking to me because Battlefield 4 was one of my favorite multiplayer shooters ever. The game feels terrible to me

Well, you didn't really give any valid reasons why you dislike it. You don't like the controls/aiming. Ok that can be understandable. However, what are spam deaths?

It wasn't nearly this bad in BF4. At least you had to pull a pin to throw grenades in that game.

Well, one issue is they changed how nades work compared to past titles. In BF1 nades will always explode at like .5 seconds after hitting something (the number could be wrong, levelcap has a video explaining it better than I do). This gives you very little time to react when you see a nade marker. Also there are just a shit ton of explosive options. Assault has dynamite, AT rocket, and AT nades. Medic has a nade launcher. Support has a crossbow, mortar, and limpet charge. This isn't even counting all the gas and incendiary nades. This game is definitely more explosive happy.

Theorry

As expected

Battlefield Bulletin
‏ @BFBulletin

BREAKING: #BF1 #TheyShallNotPass will be available on 14 March for Premium Pass players #PC #PS4 #XB1! 👍

28 March for non-premium players

CaptNink

Its just my opinion, I don't like the game at all. There's nothing wrong with that, and I didn't want to start a new thread over it.

For some reason the game does not click for me at all, I legit hate it. Which is shocking to me because Battlefield 4 was one of my favorite multiplayer shooters ever. The game feels terrible to me

Do you think it could be because of the time period? I know a lot of people who dislike BF1 and that is the reason they cite. Makes sense.

Agent

I'm actually glad the DLC is March 14th and not next week. More time to get through Horizon before the DLC comes out. By the 14th I'll probably be glad to take a break from Horizon and get back into BF1.

Orcus

First and foremost, check you dead stick zone settings. If this is off the wrong way it can make aiming feel horribly off.

Second, I feel like this BF took more acclimation for me than prior BF titles, but once I did it was pretty awesome. If you read through the beta and launch thread you'll find that I wasn't alone in that feeling.

My main complaints are around the huge amount of time between launch and DLC, two gas grenades on spawn, and explosives are a little too plentiful. We had 3 DLCs out by this timeframe in BF4, which makes this game feel a little long in the tooth for me. I'm hoping that the DLC freshens things up a bit.

Hopefully this helps, but if it doesn't you always have 2018 to look forward to.

Iorv3th

Well I can't connect to any games. Just get server disconnected errors constantly on PS4. I opened ports on my router. I have no problems with any other game. Nat Type is 2.

Why the hell can't I join any MP games?

Beta worked fine for me on PC.

Top Bottom