• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
1080p 60fps GAF lobbies.

Ready.

WzMOZHM.jpg

If not already on my list just add me. Come Friday night I'll put up a stream lobby. And hopefully there are a consistent amount of players to keep it going.

I also think Zafina has a sexy design, and an exotic one. She looks like a fine lady, and I wish they hadn't just thrown her to to sharks already.

Will we get cutscenes in the side stories of Story mode, since we won't get ending custcenes? Or will be only be served these cutscenes in the Mishima Saga?

It seems you
just get the side story stuffs

sasuke_91

Zafina would have been way cooler if she spoke Arabic instead of English. Egyptian dialect sounds cool.

Numb still hating on Ling because he will get his ass beaten by me come release :)

Pachimari

Yeah, Josie gets to befriend Kuma so I'm all good. Now that she won't cut it for the Tekken Force, I hope she gets to aid the typhoon victims together with this furball instead, and maybe gets to try out some cool Mishima technology, like those cool robocop glasses Heihachi has supplied him.

Dereck

If not already on my list just add me. Come Friday night I'll put up a stream lobby. And hopefully there are a consistent amount of players to keep it going.
I sent you a friend request.

Before you asked if you should get the game on PC or PS4, so you're going with PC?

Media blackouts are going to be much harder with copies of the game out in the wild...

Yep, gotta be careful around Youtube as well, all sorts of spoilery videos seem to be popping up. It'd suck so bad if someone spoiled the mishima saga conclusion after all these years of waiting.

Also I'm in regards to Zafina, I guess her style does look pretty cool, but she's boring to go up against. It seemed like she was barely used though, so I doubt many people are gonna lose sleep over her omission.

Damn just caught the spoilers for the character stories too. Won't post them though but will give a very general answer on the quality if you ask.

Numb

1080p 60fps GAF lobbies.

Ready.

Will send one
Zafina would have been way cooler if she spoke Arabic instead of English. Egyptian dialect sounds cool.

Numb still hating on Ling because he will get his ass beaten by me come release :)
I'm just a scrub ofc i'd lose
Damn just caught the spoilers for the character stories too. Won't post them though but will give a very general answer on the quality if you ask.
It's trash innit?
full

The quality of the character stories is ....
kind of ass and doesn't feel complete. Haven't seeen the whole Mishima story so I don't know if or how they tie in.

Playsage

I.E. Zafina can't play the "innocent school girl" fetish Japanese creators desperately cling to.

To be fair, 3 of those characters are good for beginners to pick up and all of them easily appeal to the female demographic (at least, the japanese one)

RM8

Zafina is awesome and I'd have her over basically any other Tekken female :( But yeah, I guess the waifu factor is low in her.

joeblow

Cross posting from the other thread. How's the wake up game in Tekken?

Namco tweaked the okizeme game to mostly make it easier for the fallen player to deal with his opponent's aggression:

~~~

• The most significant oki nerf is how instead of holding back to roll away, the fallen player will now slightly slide back and quickly stand up to guard a lot more incoming attacks than what was otherwise possible.
  • The KND d+4 Toe Kick was buffed since you now roll backwards on hit instead of rise with frame disadvantage. You are safer now due to the frame recovery if it connects as well as the fact that the attacker will be briefly stunned.
  • "Floating" someone who was knocked down was (mostly) removed. It's far harder to get extra mini-juggles from those "pick-up" type of oki setups in T7 that really helped the tier status of characters like Bruce in earlier Tekkens. You can still do it in rare circumstances, but in T7, you can't Tail Spin (Bound) them for extended combos if you do.
  • The KND 3+4 Spring Kick from the ground attacks MUCH faster. So much so that Namco already toned it down once in arcade patches. It was almost never used in high level play, but now you see more hesitation for an oki rush down since it is a useful get-up tool. It is still vulnerable as before to block/whiff punishment though.
  • There's a new, weird looking low kick when getting up with FCD 3 (there was no low at all there before). It can trip for a juggle, but I don't know if it happens at close range or CH only.
~~~

• As far as okizeme buffs go, the Tail Spin lasts longer than a Bound, which allows the attacker more oki options and positioning strats when not choosing to simply continue the combo.
  • More specific moves exists that turn the opponent around during juggles, which allows for more painful oki setups to their backs as they rise.
  • There is a special type of slam during juggles with certain moves (i.e., Xiaoyu's XMTS) that forces the falling opponent to recover FCD. You can't tech roll it I think, so the best option is to hold back to quick rise, and if you don't you will be down in FCD vulnerable for one free hit. Once in that state, the attacker can spam certain ground-hitting moves (i.e., LChloe's uppercut) that keep you in that position if you repeatedly try to get up incorrectly. This is mainly a concern at the wall, though.
  • While not really an oki setup, you have to be aware that some attacks have a new property that puts you in a brief spin stun if you're hit while in a normal, standing position. This new property causes you to be automatically splatted for a free combo if it spins you when you're against the wall. Not every character has one of these moves.
~~~

Tech rolls seem the same, more or less. So do side rolls. Attempting a get-up low or mid kick appears unchanged, too.

I also think Zafina has a sexy design, and an exotic one. She looks like a fine lady, and I wish they hadn't just thrown her to to sharks already.

Agreed, and I wish they had done more with her Egyptian background. But I never got the hang of how to play her, she had some weird timings.

Namco tweaked the okizeme game to mostly make it easier for the fallen player to deal with his opponent's aggression:

Cool, I'm liking most of these changes, especially the rollback and toe kick.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
1080p 60fps GAF lobbies.

Ready.

Sent a request on PS4 and Steam.

cordy

Banned
Damn, I gotta wait until GameStop opens at 10AM Central to get my copy. I'm going to be sleeping and trying to avoid all these others playing the game that's for damn sure.

CSX

1080p 60fps GAF lobbies.

Ready.

sent ya friend request on Steam

HeelPower

The stages are a bit of a disappointment.

Most are so clean and sterile and empty..Almost Sci-fi-esque or mythical.

The only stage I really love is the middle east one. I love stages that feel like street brawls in a populated area ,not some digital idealized virtual field.

The stages are a bit of a disappointment.

Most are so clean and sterile and empty..Almost Sci-fi-esque or mythical.

The only stage I really love is the middle east one. I love stages that feel like street brawls in a populated area ,not some digital idealized virtual field.

I think the stages are amazing. The rainy dragon mountain one especially.

Agreed, I think a lot of the stages look awesome.

But I do miss some of those "real and gritty" stages from previous games. The stages that give such a cozy atmosphere and make it seem like they could very well be a real place somewhere. Like the Spain stage in TTT2.

Top Bottom