• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Spuck-uk

Banned
Some dude said it was the same netcode as T2. I just played some and it wasn't really too bad, but I don't remember how it was on launch.

But hey if it's P2P then maybe that guy just has shit wifi and Tekken just needs to get better about reading that wifi bar.

Anyone playing fighting games on Wifi is a goddamn asshole.

Rajang

200_s.gif

Sasuke have you no shame?

You know damn well like 95 percent of fg players do it. It's a sad truth.

Tbh as long as their servers hold fine I don't care. Many problems are just because most players have absolutely shit internet.

Onemic

I have no doubt PC will have the most solid connections because people will be much more likely to be using wired instead of wifi.

I'm not proud about it, but I feel the same way. This makes Nintendo the king of enabling assholes in my eyes with their no standard Ethernet crap. Did not make Pokken a consistent experience (finding games and fast loading in between matches was still A+ tho).

One of my (naive) hopes for the PC version of T7 is that more people will have their gaming rigs hooked to the wall than the average setup of people on consoles, with them usually (?) being in the living room/entertainment center and all.

I have no doubt PC will have the most solid connections because people will be much more likely to be using wired instead of wifi.

Yeah boy!

Playsage

Is this in reference to the story?

If so.........SPOILERS ABOUT THE QUALITY/WRAPUP
I kind of agree,
but disagree.
SPOILERS ABOUT QUALITY
The gameplay and presentation of the main story are really cool, I am not disappointed by that. Still the plot, of course, had to be just a retcon-heavy set up for the big fight... and sequel. Then the characters' episodes are a downgrade from the T5 story encounters... This "hurts"

Spuck-uk

Banned
You know damn well like 95 percent of fg players do it. It's a sad truth.

Tbh as long as their servers hold fine I don't care. Many problems are just because most players have absolutely shit internet.

WiFi adda lot of latency and homeplugs are cheap.

Be the change you want to see in the world

SPOILERS ABOUT QUALITY
The gameplay and presentation of the main story are really cool, I am not disappointed by that. Still the plot, of course, had to be just a retcon-heavy set up for the big fight... and sequel. Then the characters' episodes are a downgrade from the T5 story encounters... This "hurts"

Exactly how I felt after watching it. And the
tagline about concluding the story was bullshit
but I guess that depends on how you see things.
Character stories were ass. Interactions were mostly stupid and nonsensical and didn't seem to matter. I don't know how most of them could be considered canon at all.

Curious. In your view, what are her weaknesses in T7?

Her tracking sucks, her wiff punishment sucks, and she has a hard time getting in safely. American players are treating moves that aren't even + on block like they are +20 and they are not challenging AOP at all. Just watch JDCR play. He exposes all these things very well.

Her tracking sucks, her wiff punishment sucks, and she has a hard time getting in safely. American players are treating moves that aren't even + on block like they are +20 and they are not challenging AOP at all. Just watch JDCR play. He exposes all these things very well.

Ling has always been a risky character, but she's fun as hell to play. I don't know her T7 incarnation, but seeing some of those matches yesterday I agree that she's still a risk against someone who knows her tricks.

Hey guys, so I preordered the game. Never played Tekken before.

Just read these 2 guides to learn basics.
Also if theirs some other guides/yt videos out there that are good, can I get pointed in their directions? Do we know anything about the tutorial in the game yet?

As a SF/anime player I'm leaning towards Akuma just to get the feel of movement and defense but I'm still deciding as to who I should pick. Currently looking at Akuma, Claudio, Dragunov, King, Lili, and Lars.

cordy

Banned
Hey guys, so I preordered the game. Never played Tekken before.

Just read these 2 guides to learn basics.

Also if theirs some other guides/yt videos out there that are good, can I get pointed in their directions? Do we know anything about the tutorial in the game yet?

As a SF/anime player I'm leaning towards Akuma just to get the feel of movement and defense but I'm still deciding as to who I should pick. Currently looking at Akuma, Claudio, Dragunov, King, Lili, and Lars.
Peep Aris and Rip's channels.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AvoidingthePuddle/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpYourGame/videos

Man, it's just hitting me how much I'm gonna miss Ganryu.

Perfect balance between solid simplicity and stupid gimmick character.

That hopping-on-one-leg move he does never fails to make me smile. There's something different -- more tongue-in-cheek and more deadpan maybe -- about the humor of old Tekken that's been lost with the newer characters.

I sometimes wonder how Tekken would have evolved if series creator Seiichi Ishii hadn't left after T2 and started DreamFactory. He pretty much created all the characters and aspects of Tekken that I like the most.

CSX

I'm tempted to drive down to my local Fry's and see if they have a demo station set up before the game is out. They did it for SFV. No one sells copies early and my twitter feed is driving me up the wall filled with envy lol

cordy

Banned
Almost time fam!!!!

Man we've really lasted this long. I'm also loving how people's attitudes have changed these past few months. It was a long wait but it's finally here. We all deserve a reward.

That hopping-on-one-leg move he does never fails to make me smile. There's something different -- more tongue-in-cheek and more deadpan maybe -- about the humor of old Tekken that's been lost with the newer characters.

I sometimes wonder how Tekken would have evolved if series creator Seiichi Ishii hadn't left after T2 and started DreamFactory. He pretty much created all the characters and aspects of Tekken that I like the most.
I don't think he would've gotten scared if Tekken 4 flopped and run back to the old formula. That said, Tekken 7 is fucking dope (outside of a few curious character omissions that I think will get fixed via DLC). Undoubtedly the best combo of solid and fresh gameplay since Harada has been in charge.

YouTube has a full story mode play through up if yall interested. Just search it. What've seen is fucking fantastic but you guys know I'm a bit of a story freak.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

After what I've seen of Tekken 7, I don't think I'd mind if Harada and co were to pass the mantle to someone else. A lot of the lacking aspects of Tekken 7, it's generally slow development, and the fact that the team has been involved in so many side projects (Smash 4, Pokken, Summer Lesson, etc.) makes me wonder if they just don't have their hearts in the series anymore.

AAK

I haven't had a chance to see any videos, 3 questions to anyone that knows:

1. Does T7 do what TTT2 did in shaving off the NPC's from stages during online to improve netplay? (Please be yes)

2. Does the console version also have a selectable camera man like in Arcade? (If yes, please don't have the AC induced lag)

3. Is there any info on how PS3 legacy stick connectivity will work? Is it like MKX/SFV where you have to map the stick to a Dual Shock 4 or is it like SkullGirls/GGXrd where it's just plug and play? (Please be like GGXrdRev)

Top Bottom