• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarked Deus Ex: Human Defiance [The film]

Nessus

Why not. Jensen's life has been artificially extended and he's lived past those years maybe. Or perhaps it'll be a story about old technology being outstripped by new technology and the world moving on. Or have Jensen simply outlast nanotechnology and we'll see where the future went after the other games.

Heh, almost all of the endings of IW pretty radically change the landscape of the entire planet.

They'd all be very difficult to write a sequel to, and I can't see how you could do a "they all happened" kind of deal like IW assumes after DE.

neoism

Human Revolution -> Human Defiance sounds like a sequel to me.

i3X3kuhpT6AQM.gif

sequel please
My first Deus Ex game... was sooooo good on PC...

Replicant

Would it be too much to ask it to be TPS instead of FPS?

*backs away* Relax, it's just a suggestion but I thought it was such a waste that we barely get to see Adam's in-game model within the game itself. And I always prefer TPS.

Wallach

Would it be too much to ask it to be TPS instead of FPS?

*backs away* Relax, it's just a suggestion but I thought it was such a waste that we barely get to see Adam's in-game model within the game itself. And I always prefer TPS.

I wouldn't mind the ability to swap freely like in Skyrim.

Almighty

Don't kill me, but I wouldn't mind if they treated HR as a reboot and completely threw out the original's story. It would give the series a more flexible approach. They are kind of in a cumbersome situation where they have one really amazing game, then the prequel, and then the sequel that was so bad that no one wants to acknowledge it. You can only do so much between HR and DX.

Personally I think this is what most likely will happen if the franchise keeps going strong and I am not 100 percent against it either. Hopefully though they will keep the original's story and tie all the prequels into it then completely ignore IW and make there own post Deus Ex world. IW will not be missed.

Heh, almost all of the endings of IW pretty radically change the landscape of the entire planet.

They'd all be very difficult to write a sequel to, and I can't see how you could do a "they all happened" kind of deal like IW assumes after DE.

Simple: The first shot is Jensen opening his eyes and it turns out all of IW was a fever dream.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, last we left Human Revolution, Bob Page was still working with the Illuminati, discussing with Morgan Everett if anything could be salvaged from the Panchaea wreckage for the Morpheus AI project. Megan Reed is now employed by Page and Everett, and set to work on a nanite-virus chimera, most likely leading to the Grey Death.

Awesome. Now please learn something from your Hitman/ Sleeping Dogs colleagues and make your city hubs livelier and more realistic. And no more copy/pasting NPC Ai from the first Deus Ex, please.

If it is a sequel, hell yes. Oh and if we're talking platforms, PC > all.

On the topic of a possible Wii U version (again, if it is a sequel), it would make the HR port rumors seem logical as a hype for the new game.

And for Christ's sake get the hell out of here with the "oh derp Wii U isn't next gen so it won't be on it" bit. If this game does come out we have absolutely no idea what platform they're targeting so for all we know it could be a PS360 game, or cross gen, or "next gen" or whatever.

Nome

Mmm, yeah. If I were one of the devs and in control of the Deus Ex IP, I'd probably just forget IW ever happened. It's really awful to be constrained by an end point.

A sequel would be really good. They can avoid making the mistake of having (outsourced) boss battles. Or just not have any.

Hot Damn.

Yeah, I'd be fine with no boss fights in favor of more of the "high tension" points in HR where a bunch of armed dudes bust in and you had to fight/sneak/hack your way out of the sticky situation.

Fehyd

Banned
Definitely hope its a sequel to Human Revolution, and definitely hoping Jensen is in it.

(Maybe he survives in suspended animation via hypothermia in the waters, and is recovered by some unknown group, and not that he's considered "dead" can go off the grid and essentially delve deeper into the Illuminati plot.

I definitely like the aesthetic and design of HR much more than the original,

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh man this sounds great, HR was a fantastic game and easily one of the best to come out of 2011, I'd even put it on my list of best games this generation.

Don't kill me, but I wouldn't mind if they treated HR as a reboot and completely threw out the original's story. It would give the series a more flexible approach. They are kind of in a cumbersome situation where they have one really amazing game, then the prequel, and then the sequel that was so bad that no one wants to acknowledge it. You can only do so much between HR and DX.

Same here, prequels have less room to do their own thing and if kept in the same fiction has to lead into DE1, I would prefer they could do their own thing, but I'll likely love it either way.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
More Deus Ex and Thief, please.

Deus Ex: Deadly Shadows.

wtf with all that WOW IT'S CERTAINLY FOR WIIU posts???

It's not a port, it's a sequel obviously because you don't port the game with changing its name drastically.

and yes, it won't come to wiiu as it's next-gen.

one word is a drastic change now? and the slight name change would make a lot of sense especially if a decent amount of new content is included

Enkidu

Sidestepping IW would be quite easy to be honest. Since there 3 endings to Deus Ex and Invisible War essentially assumed that all of them happened, all they have to do is pick whichever ending they liked best and make a sequel to that one. IW will still be canon as a sort of alternate reality scenario while the main games and keep going on their own.

From a marketing standpoint I don't think they would have a sequel set after the original 2 games.

You've got a large chunk of people who never played the originals who have played HR (heathens) who it would be difficult to market a new game to that has a big chunk of story now inlcuded.

Anyway more Deus Ex is always a good thing no matter when it's set.

Orayn

If you want to read it as "Deus Ex HD," doesn't this jive with the murmurs of the next Deus Ex being a remake of the first?

Skerj

"Ruining Deus Ex" huh? Well Warren Spector already tried to do that with Invisible War, but thankfully Eidos Montreal was able to take all those broken parts and make it a commercial and critical success again.

Hey hey, Warren spoke out against most of the dumb shit in IW (notably unified ammo being a bloody horrible idea) during development and the team thought he was crazy and put it in anyway. So I'm still absolving the man from that one.

Either way, this one could very well be the chapter between HR and DE. The earthquake that sinks Southern California happens in a few years after HR and the NSF will be founded in 2031 because of it. We know Page is there and from the ending of HR, we know why. Considering FEMA will get involved soon, we can expect his buddy Walton "Boogeyman" Simons to show up sooner or later.

I'd also like to see Gunther and Anna in their prime, thought I would in HR but it wasn't meant to be.

stn

If this game is next-gen then I must buy one of the new consoles. So pumped, let's do this!!!

Top Bottom