• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarked Deus Ex: Human Defiance [The film]

xandaca

One way or another (if this is true) the Wii U port of HR will be made even more pointless. If Defiance is real and on Wii U, most people would logically ignore HR to wait for the sequel. If Defiance is real and not on Wii U, the HR port just looks like a lazy fob-off for the console's audience.

One way or another (if this is true) the Wii U port of HR will be made even more pointless. If Defiance is real and on Wii U, most people would logically ignore HR to wait for the sequel. If Defiance is real and not on Wii U, the HR port just looks like a lazy fob-off for the console's audience.
Bolded makes no sense to me. If Defiance was a new Deus Ex game on Wii U, wouldn't it make sense to play Human Revolution to get context for the game? Why would you deliberately skip on it just because a sequel is coming?

It'd be like skipping on Empire Strikes Back because Disney's making new Star Wars films.

sandkiller

it's a game... confirmed by eidos in their official forums... now let's hope it's not a joke....

really looking forward if it's the new game and not a joke :)

Keslord

Banned
it's a game... confirmed by eidos in their official forums... now let's hope it's not a joke....

really looking forward if it's the new game and not a joke :)

With the full reveal on April Fool's, and the movie domain being registered by CBS films...?

It's a movie

munroe

Now this is just confusing and I blame April Fool's Day. The Official Deus Ex Facebook page is stating that the reveal is going to happen tomorrow (April 1st) and that it isn't a movie but a game....

deusexdefiance.jpg

Well only time will tell....

Seda

Also the fact that he explicitly points out that "this is the official page!" and reiterating "it's a game" sounds really suspicious. I'm guessing they are just playing around.

Unless...

that's what they want us to think.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
THE THEME THIS TIME AROUND IS SQUARES! NOT TRIANGLES!
60602_483323705054316_228012711_n.jpg

Ehhh... Uhhh...

Yep. April's Fool. God dammit, Eidos/Squeenix, don't play with my feelings like this.

Oersted

Thank you.

One thing that makes me think that this may be legit is the trademark of Human Defiance by CBS. (That's what made us all assume it was the movie.) I can't help but think that if this wasn't indeed the game, that CBS wouldn't be too happy with Eidos pulling a prank using a trademarked name that apparently doesn't belong to them.

Yep, that makes the whole thing so confusing. Did they built up this joke for so long mayhaps?

Kade

http://www.deusex.com/humandefiance

Eidos-Montréal's Deus Ex: Human Revolution development team is one of the most dedicated crews in the industry... almost as dedicated as our fans. Listening to you guys is our top priority. When we started brainstorming for the future of the franchise, we wanted to give you Deus Ex as you've never seen it before. To create something new, edgy, unexpected. To take Adam Jensen to a whole new dimension.

The second dimension.

Introducing Deus Ex: Human Defiance, the first adventures of Adam Jensen in full, glorious 8-bit. Human Revolution brought about the cyber-Renaissance, Human Defiance marks the beginning of a Digital Golden Age. Human Revolution was all about triangles. Now we're doubling down, flipping one over and revelling at its brand new form: the square... the pixel. It's a natural evolution!
This new format allows us to bring you the content from Deus Ex: Human Revolution that you always asked for.

There's a meter that seems to be tied to facebook likes on the page (I gave them one). I'm guessing/hoping there's another reveal coming when it hits 250k.

I just started seriously getting into Human Revolution this week and it's awesome, I'd love to see a next gen sequel.

It does seem very possible that there may be a real announcement of some sort hidden behind the joke once the facebook likes reach 250k. However, people seemed to be so bummed/angered by the fake announcement, that the likes don't look to be climbing very quickly.

Top Bottom