• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarked Deus Ex: Human Defiance [The film]

BosSin

iKyJGrSX.gif

Perfect

M*A*S*H

If it's like the cgi trailer for HR then that would be amazing. Given how expensive and time consuming that was to make however, I'm not getting my hopes up. And if it's live action, we may as well forget about it right now.

Deadbeat

Banned
Awesome. Its following the same pattern as all videogame movies.

I cant wait for the shitty writers to tell me they are making the script just for gamers. Like the dude that wrote the Doom movie. Boy was that dude awesome.

If it's like the cgi trailer for HR then that would be amazing. Given how expensive and time consuming that was to make however, I'm not getting my hopes up. And if it's live action, we may as well forget about it right now.
There's no reality that exists where this movie would be animated.

Epcott

From Latino Review:

The movie will be one of the cyberpunk, a sub-genre of science fiction. “We’re trying to break out, and really, the mold for the movies that we’re looking at…We’re looking at movies like ‘District 9’ and ‘Looper,’ and ‘Inception.’ Those are the molds of what we’ve been doing,” says writer C. Robert Cargill. “It’s… Let’s push this and do something new with concepts people love, but tell a story that they’ve never seen before, that just melts their brain. And that is just hyperkinetic and smart and just hits all the right buttons that genre audiences want to see.”

His partner, Scott Derrickson, says that technology has finally caught up to make cyberpunk films and that “Deus Ex: Human Revolution,” will be the first in a slew of films of this sub-genre. While referencing the three previous movies, Derrickson says: “Time travel, aliens arriving on Earth, going into the dream world… Those are all things that you’ve seen a dozen bad versions of and it dozen decent versions of that. But no one, until those three films, no one had gone into filmmaking from a grounded, realistic point of view and made something with a fresh aesthetic.

http://m.latino-review.com/2013/02/22/creators-talk-deus-ex-film/

I thought this news was already posted...

Riposte

I'm remember when I went to see The Dark Knight Rises and I saw the trailer for the new Total Recall film. I was seriously thinking (except I knew it was impossible) it was a Deus Ex film based on HR.

Honestly the only thing I can think of happening, if it says "modified".
And isn't StraightRight based here...? (lol iOS game though)

Yeah i posted about that in the wiiu games thread yesterday, more than likely the WiU port as any goty type rerelease would be classified under a new title.

Yeah i posted about that in the wiiu games thread yesterday, more than likely the WiU port as any goty type rerelease would be classified under a new title.

I honestly don't know why Square Enix would bother porting such an old game unless there's massive new additions or something, but hey, if it means I can try the Deus Ex series I'll take it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well this update feels like a truck load of disappointment just ran me over, lol. A film is nice and all but I want a sequel to Human Revolution.

ash_ag

Not sure what to think of Scott Derrickson. This complicates things on whether it should rather be an adaptation or an original script; in the first case, it can go wrong much more easily, while in the second it would be just frustrating to have a bad addition to the Deus Ex universe (if it does turn out bad). I suppose an adaptation would be safer, considering it would be lovely at best, indifferent at worst. Also, it seems the budget won't be terribly high, or else they'd hire Mike Newell or something. Low expectations.

Folstern

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within 2.

I think Square looks through the thousands of complaints, suggestions and questions, stacks them all up in a big pile and methodically reads through, and writes down what the people want. Then they have a team that works on ideas that no one mentioned, or wanted.

WHY?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within 2.

I think Square looks through the thousands of complaints, suggestions and questions, stacks them all up in a big pile and methodically reads through, and writes down what the people want. Then they have a team that works on ideas that no one mentioned, or wanted.

WHY?

Why does everyone fail to mention Advent Children? In reality, this is Spirits Within 3!

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Guessing April Fools. I don't know how they would do a first look of a film that has no production start date yet, unless they are revealing concept art.

iMax

Guessing April Fools. I don't know how they would do a first look of a film that has no production start date yet, unless they are revealing concept art.

They've confirmed on the Facebook page that it is indeed a game — and not a film.

I've always felt like April 1st would be a perfect day for a game reveal. Most people's expectations are pretty low on this day, and everybody is expecting most video game announcements to be hoaxes. It would make a real bombshell if they pulled it off tomorrow.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Director of The Day The Earth Stood Still Remake?

Keanu Reeves as Jensen confirmed?

jensen2.jpg

Top Bottom