• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Skyward Sword Spoiler Thread: Retelling the Legend without the black bars

Finished 100% the normal mode yesterday, and started the hero mode today. I kinda disagree with the common consensus which says that Demise is pure evil and is doing bad things because of greed. If I had to place a bet, I would say that his actions are produced by jealousy which is a stronger feeling than greed.

I would go as far as saying that Demise was in love with the goddess. He talks about the "magnificence of her previous form" when checking Zelda after his revival. If goddess and Demise were a couple, the main reason for their fight would be the humans. Favoured by the goddess, she even gave them the present of Triforce, any men would be burning with jealousy if their girlfriends were spending their time with others, and well Demise is kinda fiery :p

Because of humans, love became hate, and instead of breaking dishes during the separation, the fight was over the whole world.

I think he was simply dissapointed that his former adversary who almost died while imprisoning him is now a mere mortal human, and he's even more dissapointed to see such a puny little blond boy being the chosen hero.

Demise is Hate. Pure hate and jealousy that his ultimate power wasn't enough to overcome the power of the gods of old. His ambitions collide with his inferiority of their divine power (which is channeled into the fragments of the triforce). And since humans were the ones chosen by the godess to survive amongst all other species who were left behind on the surface, they obviously represent everything he hates and despises.

For him it seems, destruction is the only way he is able to corrupt the creation of the old gods, since he is powerless to fight them or their descendants directly.

Just finished, 100%. Great game, I guess I put it on par with WW and TP. Can't say I really have a preference among the three, they all bring something different to the table. I had one major frustration with the controls: the stab rarely worked, which was very annoying in the final ghirahim battle. But other than that, I really liked the controls, especially for flying and swimming. Graphics are beautiful, probably my favorite game visually of this generation, though I think I still prefer WW's visuals slightly. Music was disappointing... there's literally only one piece of music I can even remember from the game (main theme). What I love about past Zelda game's is their great number of memorable tunes. Oh well. I loved the final battle, even though it was very easy. Yet another cool boss-vanquishing animation. Can't top WW's, but still cool. I really like how the out-of-dungeon sequences were handled, and hope that continues in future Zeldas. What I'd really like is a Metroid/Dark Souls-style interconnected world that isn't divided into "dungeons," but I doubt that will happen. Anyway, loved the game, but I can't say it really comes close to OoT or MM for me.

Interestingly for me this game blows all of the other Zeldas out of the water. By a wide margin. It's the first Zelda game who manages to stand on it's own two feet without pandering to some old Zelda staples for 90% of the time. And I absolutely love the music. It's probably the best in a Zelda yet, with Fi's theme, lanayru desert, the silent realm chases, batreux theme and the open sky theme... marvelous. Let alone the credit and intro tracks.

I agree that the Metroid like structure should be further implemented in future installments. I loved the dungeon like design of the surface. It's such a huge step up over the boring plains in most 3D Zeldas. Now if the next game would have a better overworld to connect the areas it might become even better.

PK Gaming

Hey guys, back again with more codes. Having actually tested the codes, i've run into a few bugs (specifically involving the change clothes code) so for those who ended using my codes, sorry but you'll have to switch it up. (thankfully I didn't run into any gamebreaking glitches using them, so you should be fine.)

Ready to experience Skyward Sword again?

PK Gaming's hero mode V2

Tunic Modifier [Thomas83Lin]
04239378 60000000
0423937C 3800000x
*X=00=Green Tunic\01=Skyloft Tunic*
*Non Permanent*

reasoning: It's refreshing to play through the game with different clothes and its a nice throwback to Wind Waker. The old version was buggy in that you could not access fi, you could not fly properly, and the game was just a mess. Thomas' version fixes that and so far from what i've played so far I have not run into any issues.

-Fi Has Complete Dowsing Power [Anarion]
00955D4E 000000FF

reasoning: Hero mode already starts you off with the fully powered skyward strike, I figured it might as well start you off with the fully powered dowsing ability. You will able to dowse for treasures, goddess cubes etc, as early as possible.

Removed until further testing. Use it at your own risk.

-No Notification The First Time You Collect A Bug Or Treasure [brkirch]
042541C4 60000000

reasoning: Having played through the entire game once, there is absolutely no reason for you to see the entire animation. (In fact, its downright irritating during the first playthrough too!)

Disable Fi's Low Health Warning [brkirch]
0416C700 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Shield Gauge Warning [brkirch]
0416C684 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Battery Warning [brkirch]
0416C744 48000070

reasoning: same as above

Enjoy!

Enker

One thing story-wise I never quite got was what was up with Fi. Could others see her, or was she only in Link's head? Just seems strange that as far as the townspeople know, everything's normal and you're just regular old Link, even when a magical blue figure appears out of thin air in front of them, calling you Master and telling you to protect the world. But in reality, I'll chalk that up to the regular Zelda suspension of disbelief.

Scrapper could see her. His love for her is the only reason he helped Master Shortpants at all. Also, Fi kept scaring the Kikwis when she would pop out of the sword.

As to if other humans could see her...that I can't recall noting in the game.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Man, those are cool. The Ocarina in Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time is such a fun item.

It's the reason why I found the harp so disappointing in SS. I was hoping you could actually play it, instead of strumming random notes like a fool.

ASIS

It's the reason why I found the harp so disappointing in SS. I was hoping you could actually play it, instead of strumming random notes like a fool.

I just don't understand why they couldn't let you do both. Using the harp to play the music of the background and running is really nice. But nothing compared to the ocarina. Oh well.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Haven't combed through the thread yet, but does anyone have a gif of Ghirahim's hilarious dancing ritual at the end of the game? That stuff genuinely cracked me up.

Sagitario

Hey guys, back again with more codes. Having actually tested the codes, i've run into a few bugs (specifically involving the change clothes code) so for those who ended using my codes, sorry but you'll have to switch it up. (thankfully I didn't run into any gamebreaking glitches using them, so you should be fine.)

Ready to experience Skyward Sword again?

PK Gaming's hero mode V2

Tunic Modifier [Thomas83Lin]
04239378 60000000
0423937C 3800000x
*X=00=Green Tunic\01=Skyloft Tunic*
*Non Permanent*

reasoning: It's refreshing to play through the game with different clothes and its a nice throwback to Wind Waker. The old version was buggy in that you could not access fi, you could not fly properly, and the game was just a mess. Thomas' version fixes that and so far from what i've played so far I have not run into any issues.

-Fi Has Complete Dowsing Power [Anarion]
00955D4E 000000FF

reasoning: Hero mode already starts you off with the fully powered skyward strike, I figured it might as well start you off with the fully powered dowsing ability. You will able to dowse for treasures, goddess cubes etc, as early as possible.

Removed until further testing. Use it at your own risk.

-No Notification The First Time You Collect A Bug Or Treasure [brkirch]
042541C4 60000000

reasoning: Having played through the entire game once, there is absolutely no reason for you to see the entire animation. (In fact, its downright irritating during the first playthrough too!)

Disable Fi's Low Health Warning [brkirch]
0416C700 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Shield Gauge Warning [brkirch]
0416C684 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Battery Warning [brkirch]
0416C744 48000070

reasoning: same as above

Enjoy!

Have you tried the "Always fly at boost ring speed" cheat?
It doesn't work on the Thunderdome and it also stops working after certain point in the game [a little bit after your Loftwing learns the spin attack].

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh good, someone gif'd it in this thread:

ghiradance1pd79.gif

LOL. I know the situation didn't call for it at the time, but I laughed so hard at this. And then Zelda Musou happened. I liked Zelda Musou. It felt good, especially given the situation at hand.

I'm also glad to see someone else caught the "The Spider's String" thing in the Ancient Cistern. That is exactly what I thought when I did it too.

Edit: It completely blew my mind that Ghirahim was Fi's equivalent in being a sword spirit. I didn't see that coming at all. And Ghirahim laughing with joy when Demise is taking the sword was amazing.

ASIS

i think fi's existence is totally justified if only for her theme music. because holy shit, god damn.

Say what you want about her but, to me at least:

- She had the most powerful introduction and conclusion out of any sidekicks.
- Outstanding theme
- Great character design
- Some of the stuff she says were kinda funny ("Master, i believe there is an 85% chance the triforce is there" After half of the freaking island fell)
-Dancing

She may not have had much character development (though I have my own theories on that), but I actually liked her.

Sagitario

^ I mostly agree on that. I liked Fi most of the time, as a character [not really as a gameplay element, though]

Such a wasted opportunity by no developing her the way Ghirahim was.

Edit: I think a lot of complaints about her would be diminished if you could control the text speed.

Zomba13

Say what you want about her but, to me at least:

- She had the most powerful introduction and conclusion out of any sidekicks.
- Outstanding theme
- Great character design
- Some of the stuff she says were kinda funny ("Master, i believe there is an 85% chance the triforce is there" After half of the freaking island fell)
-Dancing

She may not have had much character development (though I have my own theories on that), but I actually liked her.

Same. It's such a shame that she mostly just stated the obvious or repeated things that were just said. Other than that stuff though she is easily my favourite helper character. I actually felt sad seeing her go at the end.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
^ I mostly agree on that. I liked Fi most of the time, as a character [not really as a gameplay element, though]

Such a wasted opportunity by no developing her the way Ghirahim was.
Yeah, after realizing what Ghirahim really was, I kind of wondered why Fi didn't really have extensive development like that, or if she'd have inner struggles about being the spirit of the sword. Ghirahim seemed to like what he was (a servant of his master, either sentient or as the sword itself), or maybe it was because he had to be bound to the sword and his master that he felt that way about himself.

There are little hints here and there about Fi warming up to Link a little bit, especially during the bit in Eldin Volcano's stealth section, and of course, the ending. Though I can't help but to feel like the relationship was mostly professional... or maybe Fi wanted to keep it that way, in case she ended up like Ghirahim, with unending zealous devotion to his master? Or maybe it wasn't Fi's choice at all--ie: the goddess made her that way.

Still, I really liked Fi's character a lot. I liked asking her to analyse my suitability to the environment from time to time. Also Scrapper's crush on her, lol. The ending made me realize how much I really liked her in the end.

My guess is the game was planned as more of a Majora's Mask style sidestory about the creation of the Master Sword (Fi) until someone (Miyamoto or Aonuma maybe) decided to make it an overall origin story.

There's definite hints the game was originally supposed to be more about Link and Fi than Link and Zelda.

ASIS

Yeah, after realizing what Ghirahim really was, I kind of wondered why Fi didn't really have extensive development like that, or if she'd have inner struggles about being the spirit of the sword. Ghirahim seemed to like what he was (a servant of his master, either sentient or as the sword itself), or maybe it was because he had to be bound to the sword and his master that he felt that way about himself.

There are little hints here and there about Fi warming up to Link a little bit, especially during the bit in Eldin Volcano's stealth section, and of course, the ending. Though I can't help but to feel like the relationship was mostly professional... or maybe Fi wanted to keep it that way, in case she ended up like Ghirahim, with unending zealous devotion to his master? Or maybe it wasn't Fi's choice at all--ie: the goddess made her that way.

Still, I really liked Fi's character a lot. I liked asking her to analyse my suitability to the environment from time to time. Also Scrapper's crush on her, lol. The ending made me realize how much I really liked her in the end.

Well, here's what I think.

Ghirahim and Fi are not exactly living creatures, but they do learn, caclulate, and store data for whatever reason. The reason why Ghirahim had so much personality is because he stayed awake far longer than Fi, he had enough time to "form' his own personality.

The reason why I'm coming to this conclusion is because, and contrary to popular belief, Fi DID have a personality in her closing speech. She was beginning to comprehend life and emotions the way Ghirahim did a long time ago. For me, that's the main reason why her parting was so sad.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think it's intentional. The devs obviously payed a lot of attention to the story this time around, and the evidence is there after all.
My guess is the game was planned as more of a Majora's Mask style sidestory about the creation of the Master Sword (Fi) until someone (Miyamoto or Aonuma maybe) decided to make it an overall origin story.

There's definite hints the game was originally supposed to be more about Link and Fi than Link and Zelda.

Would you mind sharing them?

Well, here's what I think.

Ghirahim and Fi are not exactly living creatures, but they do learn, caclulate, and store data for whatever reason. The reason why Ghirahim had so much personality is because he stayed awake far longer than Fi, he had enough time to "form' his own personality.

The reason why I'm coming to this conclusion is because, and contrary to popular belief, Fi DID have a personality in her closing speech. She was beginning to comprehend life and emotions the way Ghirahim did a long time ago. For me, that's the main reason why her parting was so sad.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think it's intentional. The devs obviously payed a lot of attention to the story this time around, and the evidence is there after all.

Would you mind sharing them?

The original piece of art when the game was announced was Fi and a Swordless Link. Zelda was not shown until this year, I believe. The title doesn't really indicate it's an origin story, it focused more on the sword. The parallels between Ghirahim and Fi are obvious, but it seemed like Fi had a lot of her character development straight up deleted while Ghirahim's remained.

Just conjecture, but it definitely seems like the direction of the game moved away from Fi and toward Zelda.

ASIS

The original piece of art when the game was announced was Fi and a Swordless Link. Zelda was not shown until this year, I believe. The title doesn't really indicate it's an origin story, it focused more on the sword. The parallels between Ghirahim and Fi are obvious, but it seemed like Fi had a lot of her character development straight up deleted while Ghirahim's remained.

Just conjecture, but it definitely seems like the direction of the game moved away from Fi and toward Zelda.

Ah, the original concept art, I actually wanted to talk about that.

I think it shows that Fi always had a cold character, what I think changed is her role. Rather than being the spirit, I really think she was the sword, straight up. She also looked the part back then.

Damn, now I REALLY want to know the process of this game from beginning until now.

My problem with the ending is that that little ounce of personality she showed, how she says she learned about humanity is completely unearned. She doesn't give her opinions during the story, she doesn't grow as a character in the story, she doesn't go through the "AI/Robot/nonhuman" learns to be human trope. It just makes me angry that they just didn't do anything with the character and then try to get people to feel empathy with her in the ending.

I hear she's funny with the enemy analysis, but that still isn't character development and is optional.

RagnarokX

I thought you posted in the Skyward Sword threads. Ghirahim being a sword was proposed like the same day he was first shown because he looked sorta like the Gilded Sword from Majora's Mask.

jackdoe

My problem with the ending is that that little ounce of personality she showed, how she says she learned about humanity is completely unearned. She doesn't give her opinions during the story, she doesn't grow as a character in the story, she doesn't go through the "AI/Robot/nonhuman" learns to be human trope. It just makes me angry that they just didn't do anything with the character and then try to get people to feel empathy with her in the ending.

I hear she's funny with the enemy analysis, but that still isn't character development and is optional.
Definitely. When she said she was sad to go, I just didn't care. She had no real development at all until those last few seconds and then they expect you to give a damn then? It just doesn't work.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I thought you posted in the Skyward Sword threads. Ghirahim being a sword was proposed like the same day he was first shown because he looked sorta like the Gilded Sword from Majora's Mask.
I don't think I ever saw that, actually (if I did, I likely forgot or dismissed it). I stayed out of Zelda threads altogether outside of the community thread (even that I tried to stay away from after a while) and the GAF Plays thread when the Skyward Sword information deluge happened.

I think when he was first shown (GDC?), I didn't start posting in/reading Zelda threads yet (so essentially my first real exposure to him was E3). Now that I look back on it, I shouldn't have been so shy as a junior. :O

Nintendo-4Life said:
It's interesting that his personality seemed so narcissistic and less controlled, and that he was so determined to find his master. This may have been the result of not being around his master--or anyone else--for so long. I have to wonder, though, if Fi were put in the same position, that she would develop some sort of out-there personality as well, looking for her master?

Clearly Fi and the Master Sword was the goddess's answer to Ghirahim and the Evil Master Sword. Demise must've constructed the Evil Master Sword, right? Or did someone else make it, I wonder? If Demise constructed the Evil Master Sword, then he probably "programmed" Ghirahim to be the way he was given that Demise is hate himself.

Honestly, when the concept art was released, I thought Fi was a random girl whom the creators of the Master Sword selected to become the sword itself... and that she'd have a ton of struggles and reservations about it... and possibly becoming less human throughout the game as a result. Perhaps I thought too hard about it.

I beat it a few days ago, and thought I should chime in considering how many posts I have on GAF about this game, and the series in general.

I thought it was very good but with some serious reservations.

I found plenty about the game to love. Some of the dungeons-- not all-- were fantastic and extremely varied. Some of the bosses-- not all-- were fun with excellent music. However, the best thing about Skyward, bar none, was the story. I generally go into Zelda games not giving two hoots about the plot, but here I actually very much enjoyed it and thought that how many seeds it planted for the rest of the series, in both a figurative and literal sense, was highly enjoyable and even clever. I loved how Demise was the original template for Ganon, I liked the battle with him (and the music!) and the ending was very, very good, probably my favorite ending sequence in any of the recent games.

On the negative side, it's more or less what everyone else is complaining about. Slow text boxes, Fi, Fi, more Fi, some control issues (swimming sucks, rolling is easy but still relatively contrived, some response issues), more than a few pointless missions and fetch quests (tadtone section is easily the worst bit of a Zelda game of all time), the synth tracks contrasted with the higher quality recordings in a very terrible way (Eldin Volcano music, you come to mind), the game pointlessly notifying everything you pick up and letting you know what it is over and over (not a new issue to the 3D Zeldas).

It's easy to see the biggest problem with Skyward: most of its problems are relatively minor, but there are so many of them, and even worse, most of them didn't even have to happen at all. I understand that not every game can be pitch-perfect, but a lot of these problems shouldn't have even existed in the first place. They're not huge problems that would have been difficult to fix, but rather it falls purely on the ignorance of the developers. That's the worst part. The things they nailed about the game are things that I want in future Zelda titles, but it bothers me to think that some of these issues may still be prevalent in the future.

On a less technical level, another big problem I had with the game is how they handled some of the settings. I thought it was interesting how the Sky Keep actually plugged into the Sacred Grounds, but I didn't like how you engaged in the final boss confrontation-- a castle would have been nice here, Nintendo, with a huge view of Hylia's Realm in the distance-- which led me to another problem-- how you actually went into Hylia's Realm but didn't get a chance to explore the place a bit. It was all too reminiscent of Wind Waker, how you get down to Hyrule but you can only see its expanses from the bridge leading to Ganon's Castle.

I realize that the game is still sizable enough, but that was far too much of a cocktease for me. Having Demise's Castle being the last dungeon, this huge, evil, sinister place would have been amazing, but no, we get to go through a portal at the base of this giant ugly cylindrical hole in the ground. Very anti-climactic, as was the setting of the final duel against Ghirahim. It's true that I'm a more traditional kind of guy and I like my climactic battles at the peak of a tower or castle or something, but this was just way too wimpy for my tastes. I also felt like since you fought Ghirahim at the end of two of the dungeons that, in turn, the game lacked some different bosses there. Granted the fights with him were pretty cool, but I still like some variety. I also absolutely detested the Imprisoned confrontations. Incredibly annoying, very frustrating, and no fun-- they are certainly preventing the desire for replays, or to even think about trying Boss Mode.

It did so many amazing things, but seemingly tried to counter most of them with amateurish design decisions that could have seriously went a long way toward a better product. Speeding up text boxes, not stopping to tell me what bug I just caught and how popular they are with the kids of Skyloft, how many rupees a red rupee is worth, Fi telling me that I have a Wii remote in my right hand, and so on-- none of this shit should have plagued the game. It's almost like they didn't play the other 3D Zeldas with similar problems, that or it just never bothered them. I dunno. I realize I spent more time on the negatives, but I feel very strongly about them and I hope to fucking god that they don't pull some of this shit again.

As for what I think they should do with the next Zelda, aside from not including these easily avoidable flaws, I don't know. Aonuma says that the next one will challenge some of the franchise's conventions, but what they need to do is concentrate on a more refined experience. I like that this game got rid of big empty places, but at the same time, it was still bogged down with a load of unnecessary things. They need to make a more varied and tighter adventure with much bigger dungeons and more of a Zelda feel. Skyward, in all actuality, I felt it kind of lacked the Zelda feel. It still had just enough of it, but I think by this point the formula they have going on with the 3D games is getting stale, or its just not working for me anymore.

That's not to say that I'm tired of Zelda, but rather the formula that they have went with since Ocarina. I'm not necessarily looking for a drastic change, or even a cosmetic change, but perhaps an atmospheric one. I think dungeons like the Forest Temple in Ocarina and the Sky Keep in Skyward are two of the most Zelda-like places in the 3D installments, along with the majority of Twilight Princess' dungeons. A lot of Skyward, apart from the Sky Keep, lacked that kind of ethereal Zelda atmosphere and that's one of the reasons why I look forward to these games more than any other. So I guess I simply want more of that kind of thing. If they won't shake up the formula, they at least need to find their footing in that sort of atmosphere that only Zelda can really deliver.

If I had to rank the 3D Zeldas, it'd look something like this:

1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Skyward Sword
4. Wind Waker
5. Majora's Mask

Very good Zelda, and easily the best game I played this year despite its shortcomings. That's the thing about Zelda, for me anyway, even just "good Zelda" is still better than most other games I play, and with Skyward its no exception. Just please, Nintendo, no more of these problems, no more excuses-- you've experimented, you've gotten feedback (I presume) about this stuff-- stop dicking around and get the franchise back up to where it should be.

PK Gaming

Have you tried the "Always fly at boost ring speed" cheat?
It doesn't work on the Thunderdome and it also stops working after certain point in the game [a little bit after your Loftwing learns the spin attack].

I have not, but I will talk to a local coder and see what he can do about that. (he helped me with the clothes code btw)

Honestly, my problem with Fi stems from the fact that they completely dropped the chance to introduce the Master Sword's name.

-Fi calls you Master
-She is the master (spirit of the sword)
-The MASTER Sword

:9

john tv

Apologies if someone else posted this (only read like half the thread so far), but was anyone else bummed they didn't let you put the Master Sword in the stone at the end? What a missed opportunity!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honestly, my problem with Fi stems from the fact that they completely dropped the chance to introduce the Master Sword's name.

-Fi calls you Master
-She is the master (spirit of the sword)
-The MASTER Sword

:9
But we now know why it was such a bane for evil. The sword was used to lodge a stone pillar into his forehead. Caused a right headache it did.

wrowa

Apologies if someone else posted this (only read like half the thread so far), but was anyone else bummed they didn't let you put the Master Sword in the stone at the end? What a missed opportunity!

I was too distracted that they put the sword in the wrong pedestal!

linko9

So after the sequence when Groose arrives in the sacred grounds, and Impa says "you will have your own role to play" as he storms out of the temple, I was SURE that he was going to become Ganon, or proto-Ganon, or whatever. Anyone else think this?

Also, did they really think the Impa reveal at the end was going to surprise anyone? From the second young Impa was introduced, I thought it was really obvious.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
So after the sequence when Groose arrives in the sacred grounds, and Impa says "you will have your own role to play" as he storms out of the temple, I was SURE that he was going to become Ganon, or proto-Ganon, or whatever. Anyone else think this?
I did, and I was pissed because it would have been ridiculously stupid.

Mistle

Also, did they really think the Impa reveal at the end was going to surprise anyone? From the second young Impa was introduced, I thought it was really obvious.
I think everybody thought Groose was going to be Ganon... And I bet Nintendo intended to lead people on too :p Would have been a really interesting path to take if they had. Unless they did something really awesome however I doubt it would have worked. They nailed Groose's character imo, I want the 3DS Zelda to be a SS sequel so badly lol.

And yeah, I didn't pick Impa straight away, but I figured it out well before the reveal.

john tv

TBH, I had no idea - didn't occur to me once (probably cause of the height difference). I was genuinely shocked (and stoked) at that reveal during the ending. :)

RedSwirl

Honestly the only "flaws" that bothered me at all about Skyward Sword were Fi and the notifications resetting upon each boot up. I don't even know why most people have a problem with swimming controls in games.

RagnarokX

I was just thinking they should make a sequel to Skyward Sword to show the settling of Hyrule and tie up some of the connections to OoT. They could have Groose go back in time to keep young Impa company and in the present Link meets their multiple grown up red haired, yellow eyed, dark skinned daughters. They could also have the Happy Mask Salesman setting up his shop inside the goddess statue! :p

I was just thinking they should make a sequel to Skyward Sword to show the settling of Hyrule and tie up some of the connections to OoT. They could have Groose go back in time to keep young Impa company and in the present Link meets their multiple grown up red haired, yellow eyed, dark skinned daughters. They could also have the Happy Mask Salesman setting up his shop inside the goddess statue! :p

My bet is that the 3DS game is going to be something along those lines.

A generation or two after SS, there's a fair to celebrate the anniversary of the founding of Hyrule, big statue of Groose and a tiny statue of his flunkies next to it, then some villain does a villainous thing and ~adventure start~.

Top Bottom