• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN 30 for 30 - OJ: Made in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

man part 1 made me feel sympathetic for OJ. how could he ever know that back then going all in on the love White America had for him turn so poorly. it's not like he really had a predecessor to compare his experiences to.

qcf x2

man part 1 made me feel sympathetic for OJ. how could he ever know that back then going all in on the love White America had for him turn so poorly. it's not like he really had a predecessor to compare his experiences to.

It made me feel sympathetic as well. It was such a great watch. But in the last few minutes you could sort of see the cracks forming.

I'm completely baffled by this line of thinking. The "love white America had for him" only really turned poorly when he decided to kill two people. Before that he lived for many years taking advantage of situations that he didn't deserve (he was awful at broadcasting and acting, especially in the beginning) while CHOOSING to segregate himself from the African American community.

Sanjuro

I'm completely baffled by this line of thinking. The "love white America had for him" only really turned poorly when he decided to kill two people. Before that he lived for many years taking advantage of situations that he didn't deserve (he was awful at broadcasting and acting, especially in the beginning) while CHOOSING to segregate himself from the African American community.

The parallel with Cosby has already been mentioned in the program. Kind of incredible.

All he needed to do was to not kill people. His celebrity shielded him when it came to his domestic abuse record. That's well documented.

EDIT: Started!

DominoKid

All he needed to do was to not kill people. His celebrity shielded him when it came to his domestic abuse record. That's well documented.

EDIT: Started!

ionno shit about OJ. Im taking it as it comes and the first part did come as sympathetic to me.

the 2nd part😂
OJ really outchea with these white ppl hard as shit.

I'll be honest, the more these docs make me hate OJ, the more I appreciate Johhnie Cochran. How he was able to get a guy like OJ, who would otherwise be absolutely hated by the black community if all this came out, into a rallying point, AND win the trial.

The man and his team were sorcerers.

Man OJ had some life before all that shit with the murders.

I was very young back then and had no idea how interesting his life was.

Good Documentary so far.

Snatch orange juice out of customer's hand
shoot them in the back of the head as they walk out of the store
Get probation

I'm fucking furious right now

Bgamer90

Banned
I love how this is building up. Really showing why people got behind O.J. due to the social injustices that were happening (even though O.J. did disgusting, horrible things).

jmizzal

I love how this is building up. Really showing why people got behind O.J. due to the social injustices that were happening (even though O.J. did disgusting, horrible things).

Bingo how many times have the black man in America been screwed over, thats the reason the black community backed OJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom