• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN 30 for 30 - OJ: Made in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaviorX

5 part series, my God...

We've been getting an overload of OJ this past year. Will probably check this out regardless though...

5 part series, my God...

We've been getting an overload of OJ this past year. Will probably check this out regardless though...

They've been screening all 7 hours and 43 minutes in select theaters to be eligible for Cannes and the Academy Awards.

Haven't found a screening near me tho.

Sanjuro

b5iY07M.gif

Lebron

Shitty ass Houston is showing the Bayou Bowl (the fuck is this even) instead of showing this. Tomorrow at 2pm they're showing it. Some bull

Bgamer90

Banned
This is really good. I didn't know half of this stuff before. The white man used OJ but I guess he loved the fame.

Really nailing down how much of a sell-out OJ Simpson was.

"Hey OJ, we love that you aren't like these other negros!" // "Thanks guys! When are we shooting my next commercial?"

Mesousa

Banned
Man I can't call him a sellout for wanting better than what he came from. His Harry Belafonte sounding friend seems to have a fetish for the hood.

Mesousa

Banned
Lol dude said a pimp would be a hoe down right there on the street haha

And dude would rather hang out around that than their new rich "Friends"

I can never understand that mindset. The whole you will always be nothing if you came from nothing.

OJ went to the same University as Robert Kardashian, and had made just as much of himself as anybody else in that mansion. To think he didnt belong there just because he came from a poor background just shows how his friend internalized his own inferiority.

"I'm gonna marry that girl" -- OJ Simpson, married father of 3.

Anyway, that was awesome. I wish all five parts were available right now.

jmizzal

And dude would rather hang out around that than their new rich "Friends"

I can never understand that mindset. The whole you will always be nothing if you came from nothing.

OJ went to the same University as Robert Kardashian, and had made just as much of himself as anybody else in that mansion. To think he didnt belong there just because he came from a poor background just shows how his friend internalized his own inferiority.

Thats just how some people are, its a stark difference between Joe Bell and AC both grew up with OJ, one idolized OJ and wanted to be just like him, despite everything OJ did to him, the other rather stay true to his up bringing but didnt care much for the high life.

So is it pretty common that most people believe that he actually killed her? If yet to do my own detailed reading into the whole trail and if the glove don't fit you must acquit stuff.

And I wonder were black people back then happy he was found not guilty or was it hard for them to identify with OJ because he was "colorless"? I just find this whole thing very interesting, I was a baby when this all happened and didn't get to watch it all on TV or experience the whole event like my parents did.

mreddie

I was in preschool when the trial happened and to this day, it's the most talked about case.

There's so many layers to the OJ Case, it's weird.

I do like how Part 1 was about OJs Origins.

It was a mistake for OJ not to be an activist. But it's his life.

Him being aggressive with her on the first date is hearsay. Show me the carfax on that.

So is it pretty common that most people believe that he actually killed her? If yet to do my own detailed reading into the whole trail and if the glove don't fit you must acquit stuff.

And I wonder were black people back then happy he was found not guilty or was it hard for them to identify with OJ because he was "colorless"? I just find this whole thing very interesting, I was a baby when this all happened and didn't get to watch it all on TV or experience the whole event like my parents did.

OJ won fair and square. It could've went either.

Corrupt cops and what not. It was wild.

ZoddGutts

Pretty crazy back then, the verdict was shown in everywhere including my 5th grade classroom. My teacher got pissed that he was announced "not guilty", I was happy he wasn't guilty because I liked him in the Naked Gun movies.

jmood88

I wasn't expecting this to live up to the hype but I would've stayed up watching all 5 parts last night if they were available.

Also, OJ wasn't shit even as a child.

jmood88

Man I can't call him a sellout for wanting better than what he came from. His Harry Belafonte sounding friend seems to have a fetish for the hood.
He wasn't a sellout for wanting better, he was a sellout for all the "I'm not black, I'm OJ" bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom