• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Chrono Cross

vVgJnXk.png

8GUyf0P.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Hmm...yeah, I can see it.

Also seems there was a mistranslation here on the part of NoA...the original name is "Feather Sword", and in Japanese would be pronounced pretty close to "razor". I guess NoA mistranslated that, though admittedly there's nothing really "feathery" about it so razor actually works a bit nicer.

The Italian name is the only one that caught the feather reference though, as its name "Fendipiuma" translates to "Split Feather".

Not sure if posted yet:

XFf0lUk.jpg

Something like this was posted way back when. The "Frasier" tidbit is new, though.

Anyway, not MINDBLOWING (in fact this is probably closer to the "OMG these two music tracks sound TOTALLY ALIKE when they really don't), but I still find it fascinating how meticulously thought out the Capcom vs SNK 2 Character select screen is

Each character is placed in parallel to their "counterpart". A lot of the obvious ones are here, Ryu is across from Kyo (Flagship Heroes) and Chun is across from Mai (Leading Company Ladies) but when you go through every pair of characters, it's surprisingly thought out.

Morrigan / Nakoruru - Leading "Spinoff" Women (or Dark vs Light)
Sakura / Yuri - Spunky Karate Girls
Dhalsim / Kim - The Pure Chaste fighters
Cammy / Vice - Big Bad Henchwomen
Blanka / Benimaru - Electric Beast vs Electric Beauty
Maki / Hibiki - "Traditional" Japanese Weapon-Wielding Women
Chun / Mai - Leading Ladies as said above
Vega / King - Originally boss characters strongly tied with Beauty
Zangief / Raiden - Grapplers
Balrog / Yamazaki - Muscled Brutes
Akuma / Rugal - Power Seekers
E Honda / Chang - "Big" Guys
Kyosuke / Athena - Energy Manipulating HS Students
Eagle / Haohmaru - Classic Arcade Weapon User
Guile / Ryo - America Hero who tends to play second fiddle to the more popular American Hero (See Ken/Terry)
Sagat / Iori - Bitter Rival to Leading Heroes (See Ryu/Kyo)
Yun / Rock - The "Next Generation" Fighters
Rolento / Todoh - Former Arcade Bosses turned Playable Fighters
Dan / Joe - The Jokers
Bison / Geese - The Classic Arcade Final Bosses
Ryu / Kyo - Leading Heroes as said above)
Ken / Terry - The blonde American Heroes

And of course the two final bosses and "EX" versions of Ryu and Iori. Again, I know people will probably roll their eyes at this, but looking at MvC Infinite, I'd love to see a VS game that had this much thought put into their roster. It's clear when Capcom was thinking of characters they were going for a okay let's look at SNK's "so-and-so" which one of our characters best matches them? And vice versa.

Forkball

From Supper Mario Broth:
tumblr_ox9415AmPj1rrftcdo1_500.gif

In Super Mario World, Banzai Bills will not harm Mario as long as he is riding Yoshi and his head is below the vertical center of the Banzai Bill. (Footage recorded by me from a SNES emulator.)

maxresdefault.jpg

artworks-000491933544-750czu-t500x500.jpg

E896z1l.png

hqdefault.jpg

The surprise expressions from encountering a boss in Battletoads are reused or referenced in the Donkey Kong Country series. If you've played both series of games, it's not that hard to see that at least the first NES Battletoads is made by the same team of DKC1. I just think it's a cool touch.

Tschumi

maxresdefault.jpg

artworks-000491933544-750czu-t500x500.jpg

E896z1l.png

hqdefault.jpg

The surprise expressions from encountering a boss in Battletoads are reused or referenced in the Donkey Kong Country series. If you've played both series of games, it's not that hard to see that at least the first NES Battletoads is made by the same team of DKC1. I just think it's a cool touch.

2008>2019>This day

cryogenically frozen austin powers GIF

Cryobump hooo

----

Ah to be on topic... Mgs2 has almost infinite details.

stranno

x14s9qY.gif

Aku Aku mouth in Crash Team Racing is animated in real-time using the voice from the XA stream.

Top Bottom