• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

In the Mortal Kombat games, Scorpion's arm being raised (the arm where his stinger comes from) is supposed to look like a scorpion with its tail up.

KQBJAhR.gif

Zubz

Banned
In the Mortal Kombat games, Scorpion's arm being raised (the arm where his stinger comes from) is supposed to look like a scorpion with its tail up.

KQBJAhR.gif

I mean... it doesn't look good on anyone, but it at least made thematic sense for Scorpion.

TjtkR4y.gif

No idea why Batman has it in Injustice.

Pretty sure they meant that to be subliminal. They came out only what, like 2 years after the movie?

They even use a variation of the same font for the title logo:

(I used the DW2 poster because it is colored in closer to the original's)

I didn't even know about that movie, and this is the first time I've made the "'s Lair" = "slayer" connection, so that's a 2x1 for me. :)

What am I looking at here

Whirly clouds? A pretty big stretch if so...

LordKasual

Banned
In Final Fantasy VIII, the TV Station screens in Timber actually does an early reveal of the source of the radio wave disturbance

"IM ALIVE"

"BRING ME BACK THERE"

"ILL NEVER LET YOU FORGET ME"

pretty terrifying, considering where it's coming from and why she was put there in the first place

In Final Fantasy VIII, the TV Station screens in Timber actually does an early reveal of the source of the radio wave disturbance

"IM ALIVE"

"BRING ME BACK THERE"

pretty terrifying, considering where it's coming from and why she was put there in the first place

I knew about this one, but it still creeps me out to this day.

"IM ALIVE"

"BRING ME BACK THERE"

FF8 still the GOAT

LordKasual

Banned
Another one: Final Fantasy XV, slightly spoilerish

Noctis' abilities as one of the Lucii allow him to draw upon the elemental essence of Eos, which let him store it and convert it into magic

Once you equip
the Ring of Lucii, he gains deeper access to these abilities, one of which being Death...

....where he can instead just absorb the essence of his victim, which he turns to HP. It uses almost the exact same animation and absorption graphical effect...with an ominous twist of course.

This is actually a really good detail, since the Ring is supposed to directly link Noctis to the Crystal. And in-game, it doesn't actually give Noctis any new abilities....they just amplify his innate gifts that he was born with (Phasing, Essence drawing, Warping) to the point where the abilities themselves are weaponized. (Holy, Death, Alterna)

Gui_PT

"IM ALIVE"

"BRING ME BACK THERE"

Nuoh my god

Iced

I just discovered the contacts on joy-cons and it kinda blew my mind. I don't know why, but I didn't expect them to be there. Seems like they could snap off easily.

r1GpFzF.jpg

Dice//

Banned
All towns in the original Pokemon are named after colours. Just realized this.

It's cool because getting into Pokémon at an early age meant I heard a lot of these "colours" in this game first before I ever heard them as colours in the real world (where at that point you're only learning basic reds, blues, and primaries). So it's only me realizing they're colours because I can project back.

tl;dr, yeah I did not realize either.

Top Bottom