• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

Horrible? Its noticeable but nothing crazy, come on.

I wouldn't call that "horrible", it's bad but not what I was expecting from the title.

I expected bigger dips than that. It seems okay. Not ideal obviously but bearable.

That's it? Didn't look like a big deal to me. :/

Did you mean to post another video? I couldn't notice any lag at all in the video you posted. At least now I'm more confident in getting it for PS4 tomorrow.

Va0NWWO.png

That defense force.

Hilarious.

Daingurse

If this gets worse when there's more action, I can see how this can become irritating or unplayable. That second video that was posted with the guy simply moving the camera around, looked pretty damn annoying. I hate stutter when I'm simply moving the camera around.

tuxfool

Banned
Oh, you're right. It's a stupid response, but an equal response would be people coming in here saying "this game looks and runs like poop", which is not true. I'm not calling you out, just all the hyperbolic posters. It's okay for people to completely downplay this game and jump on the crap talk wagon, but apparently it's not okay to tell people they're unreasonable or wrong.

Neither is ok, because it lowers the tone of the conversation, no matter where you stand. You're complaining about others but you've essentially stooped to their level.

They have the Id5 engine too (zenimax). I don't understand why they didn't just use it...

My guess it's not nearly as MOD friendly and Bethesda seems very happy with how almost every object is a seperate object that you can pick up etc....does Id5 engine allow this?

As soon as they showed Doom during E3, i was like....''damn...imagine Fallout looking like that.''

Kathian

Banned
If its playable seems to be the benchmark for some people. This is why Bethesda never improves; wouldn't touch their games on consoles.

I have already pre-ordered but wondering if I made the right choice. Maybe I should've waited for a few patches. But then again, Bethesda just couldnt solve Skyrim's problem on PS3 so.....

You and me both buddy. I went all in against my better judgement to not only preorder a game but also get the season pass and I NEVER do that.

I dont blame Bethesda anymore, their RPGs are always like this and people buy them anyways. They are only doing what the market allows them to do.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This makes me want to play it even more. The lack of structure of the framerate and the general openness of the framerate has me very excited. I can make my own framerate.

marrec

Banned
This makes me want to play it even more. The lack of structure of the framerate and the general openness of the framerate has me very excited. I can make my own framerate.

They probably won't open the full framerate creation toolset until way later in the game. :(

Oh dear, that was bad :(

My worst fears are being realized with this game. I'm still getting over the traumatic experience that was Skyrim on the PS3.

Scrawnton

I didn't know that and I was thinking of picking W3 up on PS4. Is it that bad?
If you hate occasional frame rate drops then don't get it, or any ps4 RPG at all apparently. I put hundreds of hours into the witcher 3 on ps4 and i was never bothered with it. But like i said before, I never play games on a PC, so what's fine for me is unplayable for others.

ClearData

With all my friends ready to jump on Fallout I've been wavering on my stance not to jump in day one after several PS3 debacles with Fallout 3 and Skyrim. This thread helped harden my resolve. Thanks OP. Only after several patches and impressions am I jumping in.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
From what I understand, Witcher 3's major issues were fixed in the most recent patch that came along with Hearts of Stone on PS4, but I could be wrong.

Fab. Thanks.

Ponn

Banned
I'm not saying they don't matter, but far better games than Fallout have had far worse frame rate issues than this. It's no reason to "preorder cancelled".

The problem is as a PS3 owner many problems didn't pop up till the games were in our hands for awhile. Skyrim for instance didn't have its save bug and major frame rate issues, freezes and crashes till after people were putting 30-40 plus hours into the game. I WANTED to enjoy Skyrim but it was infuriating. And the way Bethesda treated its customers who paid full price for their game was inexcusable. They were more concerned about getting us to buy their DLC than actually fixing the issues. So naw, fooled me twice shame on me, not again. With a review embargo till monday and them pulling vids as quick as they can go up and people running into issues within hours, nope, nope, nope fuck that.

Chinner

Banned

Todd Howard yet again delivers an authentic Role Play Gaming Canvas ™

JoeBoy101

Not trying to be pissy OP, but where was the slowdown? At the explosion? I certainly wouldn't be surprised at bad FPS on the PS4 from Bethesda, and saw another video showing it. Just have trouble seeing it on that one.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yeah how dare people be ok with a little fps drop! Shame!
Consistently dropping below 30 FPS is a travesty and is not some magical fucking feat to avoid.

Edit: This post was overly agressive, I was a cranky bitch yesterday :lol

Neff

Really doesn't look all that bad to me.

Then again, polish and performance were things I didn't get in Fallout 3, and things I didn't expect in New Vegas or this.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

haha amazing post

6DhUY2.gif

Morts

Barely noticed, but at the same time I'm not sure why anyone would expect one of these games to be a technical marvel.

Alienous

Is it bad that I don't notice anything wrong with the video in the OP? I guess ignorance really is bliss.

It's probably more easily felt. Frame rate dips like that will definitely impact things like aiming, or anything that requires an input.

Fortunately I own it on PC but I hope it's not a Skyrim situation all over again like on PS3. My PC died when I was playing Skyrim on PC and since I was enjoying the game so much at the time I then got it on PS3 as well till I bought a new PC... it was really bad, never again. New Vegas also had a lot of issues on PS3.

Zareka

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. The frame drops in that video, while annoying, weren't huge or game breaking or whatever. Thing is, though, he was doing abso-freakin'-lutely nothing when it happened. If the game can't handle walking around a corridor at 30fps how in the hell is it going to handle everything else? Gun fights? Explosions? If it runs like that combat'll be significantly less enjoyable and that's kind of a huge part of the game. If you can play shooters at sub 30fps then good for you but for a lot of people that's a headache waiting to happen.

It's really, really not that difficult to work out.

People are happy to pay $60 for something they call "playable." This is a sad planet.
If you didn't buy garbage, they wouldn't put it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom