• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is somehow worse than F3 Goty edition on PS3, then, wow. That would be an amazing feat for Bethesda to surpass. I got myself through 70 hours through that before I had to stop because the framerate issues just became almost never ending.

This will probably be bad, but as long as it never gets near that bad, I'll be fine. It would be very nice to just play it at a constant solid 30FPS though.

WOW some of the responses in this thread and the other one are pretty amazing. Some people here really are on all fours, happy to lap up anything Bethesda splurt out. I'm not someone that cares much about framerate but that looked terrible and it was with nothing going on, it would be even worse during a gun fight.

Standards really drop from a technical standpoint when Bethesda release a game, no wonder they don't give a fuck about improving their games performance to an acceptable standard. People going to be paying £40 for this game, Bethesda are just cheap fuckers and they have no excuse at all. I'm only renting this dog shit looking game and that will be next year when it's had patches, no idea why someone would buy this day 1.

kairu

This game is Creation Engine same as Skyrim, yes? I'm sure it will be fine.

They dont use Gamebryo anymore. yall.

Yeah... I have to echo the people here saying that it doesn't look too bad. A few drops here and there, but overall it didn't look like anything worth getting riled up over.

marrec

Banned
Only place I noticed it is when you approached that hole in the wall about 18-20 seconds in, and it didn't look that bad. I do have horrible eyes though, and I'm not as sensitive to framerate as most people are.

The explosion caused a noticeable dip as well, but again, nothing game breaking.

This game is Creation Engine same as Skyrim, yes? I'm sure it will be fine.

They dont use Gamebryo anymore. yall.

Sarcasm? Same engine bro
I'm not saying they don't matter, but far better games than Fallout have had far worse frame rate issues than this. It's no reason to "preorder cancelled".

Don't see the issue in people reserving their money for something else because a game has performance issues. It's their money, let them spend it as they choose.

Denton

Pete on Skyrim PS3

skyrimc7s1z.png

dontbelievehislies.jpg

Blobbers

Wow, this really adds to genius of combat.

Bethsda develop games for their audience, and they know that the majority of gamers have never fired a gun. The low frame-rate represents the PTSD the player is experiencing as the combat is so realistic. I think it would be realistic to assume that if any of us were under gun-fire we would be incredibly scared, and damaged. With each low frame, the player is imagining their life passing before their eyes.

As usual, Bethesda create the perfect blank slate which allows the player to create the ultimate role play experience.

10/10

Indeed. That's why I couldn't get into Far Cry 3. Adrien Brody is a scared shitless teenager but immediately knows how to perfectly handle an AK-47. Ubisoft just doesn't have that delicate touch that Bethesda has that tells you they care about you, the player. Making their games buggy so we can force ourselves to learn how to install patches, making the graphics just subpar enough so we'll seek out graphics mods, and now the framerate.
This is why I'll always shit on Ubisoft in any thread and praise Bethesda. Because I like giving back to my mentors.

Well, all I can say is that it affected my aiming in a bad way in firefights. I can live with a few hiccups too, but not if they're fucking up the gameplay.

marrec

Banned
WOW some of the responses in this thread and the other one are pretty amazing. Some people here really are on all fours, happy to lap up anything Bethesda splurt out. I'm not someone that cares much about framerate but that looked terrible and it was with nothing going on, it would be even worse during a gun fight.

Standards really drop from a technical standpoint when Bethesda release a game, no wonder they don't give a fuck about improving their games performance to an acceptable standard. People going to be paying £40 for this game, Bethesda are just cheap fuckers and they have no excuse at all. I'm only renting this dog shit looking game and that will be next year when it's had patches, no idea why someone would buy this day 1.

My response would be similar if it were any other game, this isn't about blindly loving Bethesda but simply about not getting riled up from a few framedrops.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I have already pre-ordered but wondering if I made the right choice. Maybe I should've waited for a few patches. But then again, Bethesda just couldnt solve Skyrim's problem on PS3 so.....

Chinner

Banned
Why are you guys being so negative?

Bethesda have deliberatively made the graphics and frame-rate bland so that you can role-play your own experience on top of it. Besides, Bethesda are only supporting the modding scene by allowing them to assert their own fixes.

Rajang

Wow, this really adds to genius of combat.

Bethsda develop games for their audience, and they know that the majority of gamers have never fired a gun. The low frame-rate represents the PTSD the player is experiencing as the combat is so realistic. I think it would be realistic to assume that if any of us were under gun-fire we would be incredibly scared, and damaged. With each low frame, the player is imagining their life passing before their eyes.

As usual, Bethesda create the perfect blank slate which allows the player to create the ultimate role play experience.

10/10

1385.gif

Scrawnton

Nah man I have no issue with posts like thoughts that at least talk about why people feel its alright
Shit like cool story bro is just weak tho
Oh, you're right. It's a stupid response, but an equal response would be people coming in here saying "this game looks and runs like poop", which is not true. I'm not calling you out, just all the hyperbolic posters. It's okay for people to completely downplay this game and jump on the crap talk wagon, but apparently it's not okay to tell people they're unreasonable or wrong.

wig

This is terrible. I really hope the X1 version runs better. I have both preordered but this is making me think twice about keeping the PS4 version...

FistOfSyn

Banned
ya'll saying how the drops are small and almost not noticeable:

The guy was literally just walking and the FPS dropped. When the bomb exploded his framerate dropped to shit. Imagine how ass the framerate must be during a fight...

Pricken

Did you mean to post another video? I couldn't notice any lag at all in the video you posted. At least now I'm more confident in getting it for PS4 tomorrow.

Fitts

I uh... hmm. Not perfect, but seems negligible to me.

I'll be playing on PC but even if it had this level of performance I would be fine with it.

Fret

I don't think I'd ever want to play a Bethesda game on a console, seems like a waste of time with every release by them

BizzyBum

The shilling for this game is astronomical.

The game runs like booty. Having the framerate dip like that on the PS4 while indoors with nothing going on is atrocious. How can people be OK with this?

Hopefully there's a day 1 patch for you console folk. After Skyrim on PS3 I though maybe Bethesda would redeem itself for Fallout 4 but apparently they learned nothing.

marrec

Banned
ya'll saying how the drops are small and almost not noticeable:

The guy was literally just walking and the FPS dropped. When the bomb exploded his framerate dropped to shit. Imagine how ass the framerate must be during a fight...

I'd be very interested in seeing what the framerate is during a firefight.

Kinyou

Seems like it has trouble with streaming the level. It would imo be okay if that happens once you enter or leave a building, but going by that video it happens every couple of rooms

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It runs pretty bad from your clip indeed, but not the end of the world.

While that's a bummer, I beat 3 multiple times on the PS3 so this looks like a smooth 60 in comparison to that entire game.

Didn't look too bad to me. Can't believe you go the extend to say it ruined your fun. Crazy talk

That's it? Didn't look like a big deal to me. :/

It doesn't seem that bad, maybe they'll address it in another patch.

I survived blight town and borderslands. I can survive any frame rate on the PS4.

This is nothing compared to what we put up with last gen. I'm gonna be thankful and be happy it's running that well.

I played Skyrim on PS3 (at launch), I think I can handle this.

It looks fine to me.
Not completely solid but you're definitely being hyperbolic.
Huge improvement over last gen Bethesda games.

Cool story. Looks playable to me.
And people wonder how Bethesda can "get away with it" with every release. Well, here's how...

Some day, Bethesda will be called out for crap like this.... if it wasn't for the fact there's nothing really like their games out there, it would have happened already.

Why do frame rate issues mean Bethesda needs to design a new game engine? lmao I guess CD Projeckt Red should have scrapped the RED Engine 3 because of the frame rate issues they had on consoles?

They have the Id5 engine too (zenimax). I don't understand why they didn't just use it...

because it's not good for open world ? because the tools for all the programer, artist, designer aren't mature and efficient enough ? Because it's not compatible or optimized enough for all the third party middle ware ?

Changing an engine is a great effort. You just don't do that like snapping finger one morning and make 100 people suddenly work on new tools, new engine and new UIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom