• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
alr1ghtstart said:
Probably has to do with the save files not being compatible. 360 has this problem if you have a save file from an updated game but no longer have the update on your HDD (which can only store around 10ish).

I don't get how a PSN downtime can affect offline gaming. I mean, I have a un-connected PS3 in the living room and I can play any game just fine.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't get how people can't play online without Internet. My PS3 is not hooked up to the Internet, but I can play Heavy Rain.

It seems that once you've been online with Heavy Rain and gained trophies,, the game tries to sync with your online account or some shit.

So you can't play right now :(

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What are people talking about not being able to play games with trophies and offline and PSN...whether you're offline or online you will always get trophies. They just won't update on your PSN profile until you go online and refresh your list. Which you can do as soon as PSN is fixed or whatever. But the actual trophies are saved to your PSN profile which is offline, on the system.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
everyone of my friend's list that is online and is in multiplayer games

Some are in MW2, 1 is playing WET, 1 WWE Smackdown vs RAW, and 1 Uncharted 2

Ravidrath

Man, what the fuck?

I can not play games for a few hours or whatever, but this business with DLC being disabled seems... not planned?

Maybe they have a killswitch and someone hacked it. :p

NeoUltima

I'm confused...I often play games without being signed in without a problem. How could this be occurring if people are not connected online? This be some voodoo shit.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
worldrevolution said:
What are people talking about not being able to play games with trophies and offline and PSN...whether you're offline or online you will always get trophies. They just won't update on your PSN profile until you go online and refresh your list. Which you can do as soon as PSN is fixed or whatever. But the actual trophies are saved to your PSN account which is offline, on the system.

I don't get it either. Something very odd is going on here.

I would suggest to those that have yet to turn their systems on to do so with WITHOUT signing in.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh good, I was frealking the fuck out. Can't even start my goddamn games anymore because of some copyright bullshit ir trophoies

worldrevolution said:
What are people talking about not being able to play games with trophies and offline and PSN...whether you're offline or online you will always get trophies. They just won't update on your PSN profile until you go online and refresh your list. Which you can do as soon as PSN is fixed or whatever. But the actual trophies are saved to your PSN profile which is offline, on the system.
I can't start games on or offline, PSN games suddenly change to demo version for some godawful reason

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Same here - date reset to 12/31/1999 - I guess it regularly checks online to update the day/date/time?

Owzers

I hate how gaming is moving to a complete dependency on an internet connection to do ANYTHING with the system.

ScrubJay

worldrevolution said:
What are people talking about not being able to play games with trophies and offline and PSN...whether you're offline or online you will always get trophies. They just won't update on your PSN profile until you go online and refresh your list. Which you can do as soon as PSN is fixed or whatever. But the actual trophies are saved to your PSN account which is offline, on the system.

We're talking the games won't physically start up without being online. Every time I try to start Dante's inferno, I press start, it tries to do a trophy sync, it can't do it, gives error 80010F0, then forces me to quit. I've never played it once before now so it can't be a compatibility with trying to retrieve my existing trophies.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I can't log in but just started up S&SASR and am able to play the single player stuff just fine so o.o?

My systems date has been reset to 12/31 for some strange reason to.

If PSN is down how is that stupid ticker still working?

neva- said:
It seems that once you've been online with Heavy Rain and gained trophies,, the game tries to sync with your online account or some shit.

for me, HR froze (first error i've had for it) then when i reset my PS3 and went back into it, i got the trophy error - this is all while being offline
So i went online, downloaded the HR update (which i ignored when i first got the game) thinking it'd fix it but i still have the trophy error

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Parafly said:
According to Twitter this is happening to people w/ 60gb PS3's, who knows if it's true
I fit into this category. Add me to the infected.

Edit: The infection it seems is spreading to 40GB models.:D

anddo0

Can't play Valkyria Chronicles DLC, now I'm pissed :|

Never realized how many features were tied into PSN.

NeoUltima

I am not even turning on my ps3 until this is fixed, y'all be scaring me.

This issue not being able to play games also confuses the hell out of me...Anyone try completely removing internet from their ps3? (pull the ethernet cable out) Maybe its like trying to connect or something and that be messing it up? idk

anddo0 said:
Never realized how many features were tied into PSN.
If it has trophies it is tied...but that still shouldn't be stopping people from playing their games offline(hasn't in past). Some crazy shit is going on.

Cruzader

Banned
neva- said:

So wait, let say you unplug online cable from PS3 and go to play HR.(offline) The game will try to sync trophies and give you an error too?? Or does it only happen when you have the ethernet cable connected to PS3?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
sillymonkey321 said:
I hate how gaming is moving to a complete dependency on an internet connection to do ANYTHING with the system.

Not true. As I said, this is something odd. Trophies DO NOT MATTER.

It's like some systems have been remotely "locked" before being kicked from the PSN.

I wont turn my on connected until this is cleared up, that's for sure.

Cruzader said:
So wait, let say you unplug online cable from PS3 and go to play HR.(offline) The game will try to sync trophies and give you an error too?? Or does it only happen when you have the ethernet cable connected to PS3?
Tried. Doesn't work. No ethernet does not make it any better.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
It has to be a cyber terrorism attack by Al Qaeda

Or maybe the PSN monkey just forgot to press the online button today

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cruzader said:

I never get that error when playing Dante's Inferno on my UNPLUGGED PlayStation 3. And yes, it does do the trophy thing at start up. That's totally unrelated to the network.

Parafly

Neo Member
I'm on a luanch 60.

Goddamnit I wanted to play a bit before I hit the sack for another week of insane work. lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just yank the ethernet cable or whatever from the PS3 and thats it.
Then no game will try to check for updates or sync trophies.

Cruzader said:
No cable attached, network connection disabled, same problem.

I got a 60 gig too. Just checked under my trophy collection and Dante's Inferno has completely disappeared off of it after getting the startup errors. Didn't get my time and date reset though. Seems like some kind of weird trophy validation thing failing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn, I'm staying logged in, fuck that, will continue gaming then

Here's hoping Bayonetta doesn't crap on me

Oni Jazar

OK WTF. I unplugged my PS3 from the network and it STILL won't let me play Heavy Rain.

I was just playing Uncharted 2 online a few mins ago.

Did anyone find a workaround?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Fersis said:
I has wireless T_T

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Fersis said:

I tried disabling my internet connection through Network Settings, but it didn't help. This fucking sucks. It better be fixed by Tuesday. I will go nuts if I can't play BFBC2.

Oni Jazar

Fersis said:

I did that, didn't work. Still get "Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. The game will quit. (8001050F)"

Top Bottom