• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
dolemite said:
I'm hearing that Heavy Rain trophies are being wiped off baby clean. Can anyone confirm this?

The Trophies for S04 and Assassinn's Creed 2 no longer show up in my trophy list. I hope I haven't lost the trophies I got in s04 since the last time I synched them.

Estival

Oh, good. I was online on Heavy Rain when I guess this happened. It never kicked me offline or out of the game, but a trophy I was going for would not unlock, even though I tried it 3 times and it was a simple one...and also the very last one I needed. Was beginning to think there was something wrong with my game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cruzader said:
Holy shit, this is BAD.

Since when does the user need a network to play offline single-player games???? This shit needs to die. No console should have this serious flaw. Just because the console/PSN cant sync trophies with network, it shouldnt lock the game. It should skip the synching process and let the player continue playing.

Is it hard to understand this is an exceptional issue and not the norm? You can play games offline and ear trophies in the process.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
dolemite said:
I'm hearing that Heavy Rain trophies are being wiped off baby clean. Can anyone confirm this?

Read what I posted two above you.

Returners

I am still signed on and is playing heavy rain now. Didn't get booted, and is still in game. My game did freeze a couple times today. Don't know if that's the case.

ScrubJay

Trine and Dante's Inferno would not work for me. Fl0w and the Darksiders demo worked fine. My wireless is working fine on it. Either some genius made a virus or one of Sony's hamsters died.

Also names don't appear in my games tabs but my video and music lists appear fine. I had to switch from the GoW theme to the Fallout 3 Pip boy because it was corrupted, probably just because it was tied to my unreachable account.

dolemite said:

Just happened to me with Dantes Inferno, completely disappeared from my trophy list. I was just finishing up the boring trophies for the platinum too. :( Hopefully they'll come back. Don't want to risk trying another game yet.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Beatbox said:
Guys - try manually changing your date if you are having problems playing stuff OFFLINE. Mine reset to 12/31/1999 - games and DLC bought after that might cause a problem with the digital liscense. But you might want to stay away from todays date if that is the problem here.

Quoted for this page. You guys should try this.

NeoUltima

Beatbox said:
Guys - try manually changing your date if you are having problems playing stuff OFFLINE. Mine reset to 12/31/1999 - games and DLC bought after that might cause a problem with the digital liscense. But you might want to stay away from todays date if that is the problem here.
:lol :lol Y2K bug. 10 years late.

Cruzader said:
So wait, let say you unplug online cable from PS3 and go to play HR.(offline) The game will try to sync trophies and give you an error too?? Or does it only happen when you have the ethernet cable connected to PS3?
Yep that's what happened to me, not been online on my PS3 the past week (or signed onto PSN)

Beatbox said:

indeed, but i'm not changing shit.

1/1 2000

1/1/ 2000

OMG>>> I'VE BEEN MIlleniumendeedned

Ravager61

Always-honest said:
yup.. no psn games... no Braid, no trine, No Kung Fu Ragdolls, No noby noby boy, no Flower, pixeljunk is fine, Stardust is fine, Flow is fucked, Warhawk is fucked, and the date

the date is 1/1................

is this the millenium bug?

Leap year bug

Ravidrath

I manually set my date and time, and all my PSN games are still fucked.

WipeOut HD reverted to the demo, Stardust gives the hardware error, as does Trine.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
TTP said:
Is it hard to understand this is an exceptional issue and not the norm? You can play games offline and ear trophies in the process.

I wasn't signed in when I tried to play So4 earlier. Last time I signed in to my PSN account was when I checked the store on Friday.

thetrin said:
CAUTION: If after PSN died, your Heavy Rain trophies disappeared, DO NOT PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH TROPHIES. Each time you do, your trophies will disappear from your system after being unable to sync. They're still on Sony's server, anyway, but I don't think wants to slowly watch their trophies disappear, even if they can be replaced later.

Agh!! Saw your post about ten seconds too late and lost all my Bioshock 2 trophies! This is some scary shit.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Well the date thing sounded good but Peggle isn't loading my game save and others are still giving me the 'copyright protectiong information is invalid (80029513)' error. Oh well - time to wait for some official word.

This shit really pisses me off I went on my ps3 the other day and I thought psn was down (it ended up being my router) so I thought well if I can't play any online game I'll just play some GT5:p. I tried to play GT5:p and it wouldn't start the game without an internet connection :|

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
To those having the issue, if you can go online now try to manually activate your systems. I don't think it will fix it, but worth a try.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
When did they update the US PS site?

20100301-tmpa219ef1sy145q1a257bjgbb.jpg

I haven't used my PS3 since Thursday. Just turned it on after unplugging the ethernet cable, and noticed that my clock was reset. Some PSN games that I tried worked (Critter Crunch, Flow), while others (Thexder Neo, Flower) would not load. I had The Force Unleashed in the system, and it played just fine.

This is really weird.

wil2501

Turned my PS3 on an hour ago with the ethernet cable unplgged, and played SCIV fine. Switched to Tekken 6 and got the trophy problem, even though the PS3 hasn't been online or even had the cable plugged in in ages. I don't have Heavy Rain, so it's not just related to that.

Lince

Banned
well it's funny that I can log in and access my PSN account from my PC and not from my two PS3s, I'm checking my trophies and everything is fine, just that I can't do it from either PS3 :lol
I guess the NAT authentication server is down?

Treb

I was playing fine with others in Uncharted 2 earlier, but as soon as I logged off and tried to log back on I get the "You've been disconnected from PSN" message.

I can't even get on the Playstation website either.

My slim PS3 is working fine right now, my older fat PS3 is having issues getting on. Seems to be the same case for others with both PS3 consoles.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Maybe the PSN monkey running the servers is a USA Hockey fan having a tantrum?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
distantmantra said:
I haven't used my PS3 since Thursday. Just turned it on after unplugging the ethernet cable, and noticed that my clock was reset. Some PSN games that I tried worked (Critter Crunch, Flow), while others (Thexder Neo, Flower) would not load. I had The Force Unleashed in the system, and it played just fine.

This is really weird.

My system (Slim/EU) has been off all day. Turned it on now after having unplugged the ethernet cable and Flower works fine (as any other game).

Date is correct.

It has nothing to do with Heavy Rain (or very little to do with Heavy Rain), since I don't have it and got the trophy error when trying to start Blazblue. In addition, all of my PSN games decided to not start with the same error code.

dolemite

BoilersFan23 said:
My slim PS3 is working fine right now, my older fat PS3 is having issues getting on. Seems to be the same case for others with both PS3 consoles.
Must be Sony's turn to ban a couple of million consoles.

Lince

Banned
BoilersFan23 said:

yep, my Slim also logs in no problem now, but the fat refuses to.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
zero margin said:
Why couldn't this happen on a Monday during work hours
Heh, yeah seriously...

Oh well, guess this is a sign that I should get cracking on my homework instead of playing Heavy Rain again.

TTP said:
My system (Slim/EU) has been off all day. Turned it on now after having unplugged the ethernet cable and Flower works fine (as any other game).

Date is correct.

I've a got a 60GB Fat/NA PS3, might be why I have the problem. When I tried to change the date, 2/28/2010 wasn't an option.

JasonMCG said:
I haven't been on my PS3 today, but I guess the general consensus is not to right now?

Yeah :p

I was playing Assassin's Creed II when I got disconnected. I earned a couple of trophies before I exit the game. My brother logged into his account and is now playing Ashes Cricket online. I am too afraid to sync trophies or play any game (like Heavy Rain) that requires online syncing or any sync at all!

dolemite said:
Must be Sony's turn to ban a couple of million consoles.

Interesting choice of consoles to ban, since my PS3 hasn't been on since early January. In other words, I don't think that's it.

Top Bottom