• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

skip

Just tried it with Killzone 2. Trophy Error Code -2147lotsmorefuckingnumbersthatdon'thelpanaverageconsumer.

SonComet

TTP said:
I wasn't online when that happened and I can play games no prob. I disconnected the cable before trying tho. I don't want some PSN hiccup to fuck my system :p
The last time I used my PS3 was when watching Moon last night. Maybe the fact my PS3 was off/standby and still plugged in to the internet when this error happened caused the issue. I certainly didn't have the console powered on while it happened. If I was less lazy I would go into the attic and get my PS3 Slim and just use that for the time being.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
distantmantra said:
I've a got a 60GB Fat/NA PS3, might be why I have the problem. When I tried to change the date, 2/28/2010 wasn't an option.

You sure? My 60GB fat N/A unit let me manually set it to 2/28/2010.

Replicant

TTP said:
My system (Slim/EU) has been off all day. Turned it on now after having unplugged the ethernet cable and Flower works fine (as any other game).

Date is correct.

Yeah, this is weird. I actually logged in this morning (3am Australia time) which means it was already 1st of March here. And I synced the trophies and everything went well. I turned off PS3 after that though so who knows what happened afterwards.

Maybe only US/UK issue since they're one day behind? Or maybe only an issue that happened a few hours ago? But that doesn't make sense if it's a leap year problem.

Cruzader

Banned
TTP said:
My system (Slim/EU) has been off all day. Turned it on now after having unplugged the ethernet cable and Flower works fine (as any other game).

Date is correct.

It appears Slims dont have this issue. The rest with fattys are though so just because you mr.TTP dont have any issues, dont me we arent.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SonComet said:
The last time I used my PS3 was when watching Moon last night. Maybe the fact my PS3 was off/standby and still plugged in to the internet when this error happened caused the issue. I certainly didn't have the console powered on while it happened. If I was less lazy I would go into the attic and get my PS3 Slim and just use that for the time being.

My PS3 was plugged in standby when this happened and I don't have the issue.

*Unplugs PS3 just in case*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cruzader said:
It appears Slims dont have this issue. The rest with fattys are though so just because you mr.TTP dont have any issues, dont me we arent.

Not saying you aren't. Just adding my little piece of info to the puzzle.

Ha, my brother is pissed, he has a OG 20 gig and wants to finish up heavy rain today, Sony must be fucking bored Sunday night.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh man. I wanna go to sleep but at the same time wait and see what the problem is

*sigh* I have such a boring life

Lince

Banned
tried to log in 10 times with the Slim model, 10 perfect and fast connections, can check my trophies and play anything no issues whatsoever.

tried the same with my old and trusty 60 GB... 8001050F, fat models banned from PSN?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Well I can log into the PSP PSN Store just fine and it didn't reset my PSP's date or nothing so its all a PS3 issue I guess? This is pretty weird and lame. Whats the leap year got to do with it? There wasn't one last year and nothing like this happened. Whys the PS3's calendar settings go back so far anyway? The PS2 wasn't even out in '99 nevermind the PS3 x.x

JaseMath

Damn it...I want to turn on my 80GB and see if it's all messed up, but you guys have scared me out of it. :\

iammeiam

PS3 Slim 120GB; after seeing the thread I decided to boot mine up and see if anything would auto-corrupt

System booted up fine, signed in on my main profile, Heavy Rain dynamic theme is my current default and it loaded fine. Checked trophies, still present.

Then went to play Heavy Rain, no error messages whatsoever, trophies are still good. So I appear to be fine.

Heavy Rain did start immediately into a 30-45 second 'saving' screen, prior to the normal 'loading' screen, which I don't remember having sat at before, so it does seem like something somewhere changed.

Also, my date never reset. Shows 2/28/2010, salbeit 6PM instead of 5PM since I never fixed the clock post time change.

NeoUltima

Lince said:
tried to log in 10 times with the Slim model, 10 perfect and fast connections, can check my trophies and play anything no issues whatsoever.

tried the same withe my old and trusty 60 GB... 8001050F, fat models banned from PSN?
:/ well if sony broken them. i look forward to my free slim replacement

Intentor

Neo Member
The same here in Brazil.

Games are not loading, trophies are missing, themes are corrupted.

At least it seems to be global.

Let's wait for some official statement from Sony.

dolemite

Lince said:

tried the same withe my old and trusty 60 GB... 8001050F, fat models banned from PSN?
WHAT THE FUCK

I'm having this issue. Anyone elses themes corrupted?

Heavy Rain and Assassin's Creed II trophies gone once I tried to access the games. PSN does tell me when my password is wrong (unless your PS3 holds that information on hand?). But I cannot log on.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Lince said:
tried to log in 10 times with the Slim model, 10 perfect and fast connections

Next month NPD sony is gonna own! ;)

Ranger X

Can someone explain the fuck why does it affect DLC?

The PS3 isn't like the 360 and everything is supposed to be permanently downloaded and intalled. You are supposed to play everything offline if you'd like to do it (unless its an online-only game of course).

So WTF is up with that? Sony having a little trick soft somewhere checking if you're logged on PSN and then blocking stuff if needed?

Nicktendo86

Just finished Heavy Rain, watched end credits, no trophy for completing game. Quit the game, tried to load it up and got this error. Can't even play it offline. If I can't get the trophy for finishing the game am going to be seriously fucked off. 60gb pal btw.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
So we have a PSN problem that only affects Fat PS3's? Thats pretty weird. Wonder if it has anything to do with the otherOS exploit.

Top Bottom