• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

No_Style

This is such a bizarre problem. Under normal outages and disconnections, we're still able to play our games and use content. And it wouldn't be isolated to the fats.

I'm curious if they'll actually reveal what exactly went wrong this time.

Vgamer

Sounds like there must have been some sort of server update that Sony did not fully test on the older model systems if its true that the Slims are working fine. Pretty big mistake to make an update go live without testing it fully.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, what a wacky scenario. I wouldn't want it to happen, of course, but it would be kind of funny if there was like a Y2K for PS3s and they all self destructed like this.

Anyways, sounds like I'll be sticking to the SeXbox tonight.

Lince

Banned
PSN down my ass

I can perfectly log in to the PSN with either my PC or my Slim, it's just my 60 GB model refusing to log in... or not allowed to?

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Ranger X said:
Can someone explain the fuck why does it affect DLC?

The PS3 isn't like the 360 and everything is supposed to be permanently downloaded and intalled. You are supposed to play everything offline if you'd like to do it (unless its an online-only game of course).

So WTF is up with that? Sony having a little trick soft somewhere checking if you're logged on PSN and then blocking stuff if needed?

it's obviously a firmware/software bug.

enewtabie said:
You might wanna give the network guys some time to fix the PSN issue. Your PS3's aren't broke.:lol
Ehhh, then how come if I disable PS3 internet access it still happens?

That doesn't add up.

A word of advise, do nothing. Do not start deleting or re-installing anything. Just wait it out. PSN is down the "corruption" messages and other errors are probably just misleading errors due to it being down. I bet once it's up everything syncs up fine. Leave it be.

Speevy

Banned
You can't even pirate games with the OtherOS. Kind of a stupid reason to keep people from playing recent games.

Lince

Banned
ismaboof said:
It has to be leap year
How embarrassing for Sony

yep, must be it, it's too much of a coincidence that my problems started after GMT midnight today. Slims must have had that issue fixed.

shagg_187 said:
I guess we need to generalize where you people are living. Let's start.

PSN working: Yes
PS3: 60GB FAT
PSN working: No
PS3: 60GB FAT

Can't even play KZ2 SP. WHY?

Treo360

Lindsay said:
Well I can log into the PSP PSN Store just fine and it didn't reset my PSP's date or nothing so its all a PS3 issue I guess? This is pretty weird and lame. Whats the leap year got to do with it? There wasn't one last year and nothing like this happened. Whys the PS3's calendar settings go back so far anyway? The PS2 wasn't even out in '99 nevermind the PS3 x.x

Once they unlock that inactive SPE we unlock 4d, in doing that anything is possible.

ambalek

We're not in a leap year, but it's obviously a time related bug with the older model. Given how long Sony QA takes I can only assume we'll be getting a patch within the next few weeks.

Gran Turismo HD Concept still loads though, so I suggest you all practice that one track until you're geniuses at it.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I just knew I should have never updated to adware 3.20 the other day..... ya screwed me Sony! *continues racing* If I unlock a trophy while playing will me PS3 exploded?

templeusox said:
Just in case.

Thats ominous!

Treo360 said:
Once they unlock that inactive SPE we unlock 4d, in doing that anything is possible.

Sweet thats more like it!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I finally get around to opening my copy of Heavy Rain, and now after downloading a patch it won't let the game start. :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just tried my system (60GB US), I've had it off all day and the last time it connected was last night. I turned it on with the ethernet cable unplugged and the date was reset to 12/31/99 and I get an error when trying to launch Flower.

PSN Working: No
PS3: 60GB

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
PSN working: I was offline. Not gonna try. Games work fine offline.
PS3: 250GB Slim

DexterXS

I have a 60 gig. I was playing Dante's Inferno and it kept signing in and out. I got to a point and saved and turned my PS3 off and went to a movie. When I came back I turned on my PS3 and noticed it didn't log onto PSN immediately so I tried to manually log in and it didn't work. So I just turned my PS3 off and came on here and saw what was happening. Is my data totally gone now?

Killthee said:
Just tried my system (60GB US), I've had it off all day and the last time it connected was last night. I turned it on with the ethernet cable unplugged and the date was reset to 12/31/99 and I get an error when trying to launch Flower.

Yup same here, after beating HR played around with WKC a bit last night.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
PSN: NO
SKU: 20GB JP FAT

iammeiam

I just for the hell of it manually switched the date on my Slim to 2001 (I couldn't get it to go back to 1999), and it didn't cause me any DRM issues.

Does anyone have a non-functioning PS3 fat that has not been on and connected to the internet at all today? IE, it appears whatever's happening ultimately borks data on the system, so once toasted the PS3 stays toasted until Sony fixes whatever; I'm trying to find out if anybody's had this happen when there's 0 chance that the system got /anything/ from PSN today.

Edit: Looks like some people immediately upthread have confirmed it's happening without the internet being involved. Sort of weird that it'd just explode like this, though.

Top Bottom