• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Replicant

I think:

1. The issue affects anyone who was online in the past 3 hours (because I logged in to PSN to synced trophies 9 hours ago at 3am, 1st of March and it went fine).
2. It's likely Sony sent updates to PS3/PSN that mess up with the (FAT-only?) console config during those 3 hours.
3. Because of 2, you can't play games even if they're offline.

ExMachina said:
PSN working: no
PS3: 60GB FAT
Same here as far as specs.

At the same time, my Flower dynamic theme quit working and Heavy Rain quits out after failing to reach the trophy server. Anyone else having issues like this?

ambalek

templeusox said:
From Twitter:

SonyPlayStation

We're aware that many of you are having problems connection to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates.

It only does everything... :lol

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
After all the reports of offline PS3 Phatties it's pretty obvious that it's a bug in the PHAT OS which isn't exactly the same as the one in the SLIM models. This has the potential to be pretty bad.

PSN working: don't know. Was not playing online and as soon as I came across reports of the problem I unplugged the ethernet from both PS3's. Not risking going online until we get some details from the powers that be.
PS3: Slim and Fatty

Europe
60 GB PAL launch
was offline in februari (watching the Wire on the PS3)
wanted to go online in march: error

dat was set back to 1/1/ 2000

Killthee said:
Just tried my system (60GB US), I've had it off all day and the last time it connected was last night. I turned it on with the ethernet cable unplugged and the date was reset to 12/31/99 and I get an error when trying to launch Flower.

i don't understand this..if the ps3 wasn't connected at the time of this.. "bug",how it is possible that something happened ?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
Just tried my system (60GB US), I've had it off all day and the last time it connected was last night. I turned it on with the ethernet cable unplugged and the date was reset to 12/31/99 and I get an error when trying to launch Flower.

Wow. Can the PSN communicate with plugged in but switched off systems? We know you can turn it off remotely via Remote Play so I guess it's a possibility.

Do you have remote start enabled on your PS3?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just saw this on Twitter
SonyPlayStation Twitter said:
We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates.

Zapages

PS3: 80GB Motorstorm version with PS2 BC
PSN: Not working

Worried as anything... :( Hopefully it is just the leap year thing and nothing else...

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
hey programmer GAF, how does a discreet system usually handle date changes and leap years is it, something like this?

pseudocode:

if (date == ((feb)(28)) && year == (leapyear))
{
if (time == (23:59.59))
{
day += 1;​
}​
}
else
{
if (time == (23:59.59))
{
month += 1;​
}​
}

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Killthee said:

It was the same with me. I downloaded the HR patch AFTER the issue, hoping that would be the fix. Then I found that I couldn't access any of my PS One games I downloaded. It has to be a clock/calender bug since thats the only that could trigger widespread issues offline. Maybe Sony thought 2010 was a leap year and tomorrow was supposed to be 2/29....

cory

Banned
PSN Working: No
PS3: 80GB Fat

Tried to play Uncharted 2, got error, lost trophies.
Tried KZ2 with ethernet unplugged, got error, lost trophies.
Tried setting date, nothing happened.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
iammeiam said:
I just for the hell of it manually switched the date on my Slim to 2001, and it didn't cause me any DRM issues.

Does anyone have a non-functioning PS3 fat that has not been on and connected to the internet at all today? IE, it appears whatever's happening ultimately borks data on the system, so once toasted the PS3 stays toasted until Sony fixes whatever; I'm trying to find out if anybody's had this happen when there's 0 chance that the system got /anything/ from PSN today.
*Raises hand*

Killthee said:
Just tried my system (60GB US), I've had it off all day and the last time it connected was last night. I turned it on with the ethernet cable unplugged and the date was reset to 12/31/99 and it gives me an error when trying to launch Flower.

PSN Working: No
PS3: 60GB

Lince

Banned
PSN working: YES
PS3: PAL 250GB Slim

PSN working: YES
Personal Computer

PSN working: NO
PS3: PAL 60GB with software/hardware PS2 BC

ismaboof said:
Delicious irony
neogafismaboof.jpg

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Replicant said:
I think:

1. The issue affects anyone who was online in the past 3 hours (because I logged in to PSN to synced trophies 9 hours ago at 3am, 1st of March and it went fine).

Last time turned my ps3 on was Friday. I am getting this error though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
Wow. Can the PSN communicate with plugged in but switched off systems? We know you can turn it off remotely via Remote Play so I guess it's a possibility.

Do you have remote start enabled on your PS3?
Remote start is disabled and I unplugged the ethernet cable last night when I turned the system off.

PSN: not working
Date and time: fucked up (partying like it's 1999)
PS3 model: phat

Want to play Heavy Rain, what the fuck

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
Remote start is disabled and I unplugged the ethernet cable last night when I turned the system off.

So it's definitely some voodoo going on here.

Replicant

TTP said:
Yes.

You mean without electricity.

In that case....

Shouldn't the bug kicks in automatically the minute you enter 1st of March? Not waiting until a few hours later?

Also, what would happen if you change the date first the minute you turn on PS3 before you play any game?

Top Bottom