• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
dogmaan said:
but even if it's an out of range integer/date, it should work once you change to another time, I think it's probably a bit more serious

Not necessarily. Some time ago people changed their PC date to circumvent Shareware trial periods. Companies found ways to prevent this.
The value could also corrupt something which cant be fixed with another date change.

Replicant said:
Also, what would happen if you change the date first the minute you turn on PS3 before you play any game?

Well my date/clock was completely wrong anyway, i was too lazy to set it, it was set as mid last year some time. Still got the errors

bluehat9

Another lesson learned: check gaf before turning your videogame systems on.

Got the error message and date change to 1999, tried to play MW2 anyway and now those trophies are gone. Tried to play a downloaded game, it told me I only had the trial version and then I just got booted back to the XMB.

I have a 40gig Fat system, by the way.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
glaurung said:
Jesus mother of mercy, how can SONY fail with the simple 29th of February date error???

This is uncanny, I encountered the same error a few days ago with a CRM application.

*shakes head with disappointment

Siebel?

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Ravidrath said:
To explore the leap year theory, BTW...

It seems like it started around midnight GMT? Since all the times are likely based on GMT, that would make sense.

I began having problems logging in before midnight. About 10-15 minutes before this thread appeared. That woiuld be around 11.45pm GMT.

No_Style

Vgamer said:
How will they fix this for the people who dont go online with their ps3s I wonder?? Will thousands of people have to mail their ps3s into Sony?

They have a website which they can distribute a fix (if one is required).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
V_Ben said:
it certainly sounds like what happened. this is pretty messy :-/

The only way Sony could fix this is to release a firmware update, but of course it would be only downloadable via PC for those affected.

Razor210

Replicant said:
Here's a question:

Anyone in Australia experiencing this problem?
Anyone in Canada experiencing this problem?

I'd like to see if I can turn on my PS3 without worrying too much.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
kamorra said:
Not necessarily. Some time ago people changed their PC date to circumvent Shareware trial periods. Companies found ways to prevent this.
The value could also corrupt something which cant be fixed with another date change.

if the fucked value is large it could of overflowed (actually thats unlikely), or flipped a flag in the firmware that makes the system think the machine is compromised

jett said:
I'm not turning on SHIT until this thing is worked out.
Yep. Everyone who has not turned it on yet needs to sit back and wait.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Thread title really needs to be changed to DO NOT TURN ON YOUR PS3 because I almost didn't click on this thread.

This. Some people are checking their PSN without reading the entire thread, and can fuck shit up.

NeoUltima

TTP said:
The only way Sony could fix this is to release a firmware update, but of course it would be only downloadable via PC for those affected.
O boy...Maybe they could find some sort of loophole? Is it possible?

AleeN634

PSN working: NO
PS3: 60GB FAT (Upgraded to 500GB)
Connection: Wired

This sucks since it seems to have wiped out my dynamic themes and my licenses, and even those on items I got gameshared with friends. I don't have time to figure out which rockband songs I need to get back.

ambalek

TTP said:

I don't think this is true. If I make it check for updates it seems to actually check, it doesn't show the 8001050f error or try to sign in.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
bluehat9 said:
Another lesson learned: check gaf before turning your videogame systems on.

Got the error message and date change to 1999, tried to play MW2 anyway and now those trophies are gone. Tried to play a downloaded game, it told me I only had the trial version and then I just got booted back to the XMB.

I have a 40gig Fat system, by the way.

You were condemned to get that error anyway apparently.

Fat systems are affected by a clock bug. Hopefully it's not hardware issue and can be fixed via FW update (do be downloaded from PC).

If it's hardware issue, it might be catastrophic for Sony.

Shadow780

shagg_187 said:
Yep. Everyone who has not turned it on yet needs to sit back and wait.

This. Some people are checking their PSN without reading the entire thread, and can fuck shit up.

What's wrong with turning on PS3s to play offline?

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
ambalek said:
I don't think this is true. If I make it check for updates it seems to actually check, it doesn't show the 8001050f error or try to sign in.

i think it's designed that way for just such a situation

Lince

Banned
NeoUltima said:
It Only Does Nothing

:lol :lol :lol

I'm afraid this bug corrupted something inside the old models and the only way to fix it will be formatting the system and installing a new firmware via USB.

lol

Vgamer

Shadow780 said:
What's wrong with turning on PS3s to play offline?

It seems to be a bug in the actual firmware. Even people who have not been online are having this bug show up on their "Fat" Ps3's.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ambalek said:

Ah, ok then.

What remains to be seen is if it's actually software related and not hardware.

itschris

This is a really strange issue.

PSN Working: Yes
Model: 160GB Uncharted model (the last fat PS3 before the slim came out)

Mikey Jr.

FUCK.

Guys, what the fuck. I cant sign on PSN, so I thought "ok, no big deal." I pop in KZ2 to play some SP, now I get "Trophy Error Code -23453454 bullshit.

The fuck is this?

I cannot play KZ2.

Lucretius

Neo Member
I'm in the US.
Launch 60 GB phat.
I can't play and PS3 games or log onto PSN.
Blu-ray movies work... as do PS2 games! Time to finally finish Yakuza 2.

Razor210

shagg_187 said:
Loophole: ask everyone to buy God of War 3 as it'll include the latest patch. 20 million+ GOW3 sold day one!!
Games can have firmware updates, right?

You're on to something.

Treo360

TTP said:

I don't know about that. I haven't played Wipeout since it launched. I tried firing that up and was prompted with an update. All this after I was unable to log into PSN proper. The download went fine as did the installation, although the game is still in Demo mode.

The bottom line? Who knows?

Hag

Wtf is going on? I'm playing WKC and the PSN have logged off about half hour ago but I just logged again and it's fine now... I guess. I'm using a 80gb Motorstorm bundle.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
dogmaan said:
if the fucked value is large it could of overflowed (actually thats unlikely), or flipped a flag in the firmware that makes the system think the machine is compromised

Exactly, which also probably means that people have to redownload everything + corrupt savegames. Oh and the little fact that people probably need to perform a manual firmware update via USB.

I hope I'm wrong

edit
Just read that the update function still works

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
TTP said:
You were condemned to get that error anyway apparently.

Fat systems are affected by a clock bug. Hopefully it's not hardware issue and can be fixed via FW update (do be downloaded from PC).

If it's hardware issue, it might be catastrophic for Sony.

People have been able to download the Heavy Rain pactch fine so I think you will still be able to downlaod a FW update.

fse

launch 60gb here, downloading the GOW3 demo, will try to play a ps3 disc, hope nothing is fucked... :\

glaurung

dogmaan said:
No, a product from a local developer. Tried to add an object with the birth date 29th February and everything fell apart.

It is odd that the date would default back to the system set zero. A weird precaution if Sony wants to prevent people from messing around with games that read the system clock.

Top Bottom