• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Sack: The Youtube Retro Show Where Sega and Nintendo Fans Review Games

colonyoo

That overview on Burning Rangers was kinda pointless, at least with something like Gran Turismo they take the time to actually describe the game a little while talking about how much they don't actually care for it.

Jaeger

I would say that Game Sack is on the shallow end of retro youtubers but I still very much enjoy their show. :)

Their hardware breakdowns are better than most. They don't do in-depth reviews either, just how they enjoy games from their usual casual point of view. I love it!

Terrific episode this week. One of my favourite genres.

I hope they do a follow-up covering the Dreamcast, PS2, Wii & PS3 light-gun games.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yeah, that was a great episode. Honestly the only lightgun games I played that gen were Virtua Cop (and the arcade versions of Time Crisis 1/2 and HOTD). But this episode has me wanting to play a bit more, especially Elemental Gearbolt.

GeoramA

Great episode. Really takes me back.

I rented nearly all of these from my video store. Cool Spot, Kid Chameleon, and Earthworm Jim were the ones I rented multiple times.

It was an interesting era for it's time at least!

I kinda have a soft spot for the 'tude era of mascots. Quite a few of them were lame, but I still want to see a proper Earthworm Jim 3 with handdrawn artwork like the originals. Also I liked Rocket Night and even Cool Spot to some degree. I thought GameSack did a good job with that video and I do like the "Extreme Bumpers!"

The Magazine episode was neat, though I wish they could have dug into something like GameFan Magazine.

Always loved the Game Gear. If it didn't have such a terrible battery life it would have been a huge success. It was a bit ahead of it's time, similar to the Dreamcast in that way.

chemicals

Today I had some free time on my hands so I ended up watching gamesack (the 'tude sack episode makes me laugh so much)... Anyway I got to that episode about Genesis Shoot Em Ups. I got inspired (I'm off tomorrow too) and grabbed all of the genesis shoot-em-ups (roms) from the Genesis Shoot-em-ups episode and copied them into one folder. I watched the episode again but paused it to play all of the games they were talking about in sequence. It was a cool way to make sense of all the roms and emulators I have. I had a Sega Genesis as a kid and side scrolling shooters were my favorite genre. Air Busters is a freaking classic. I'm playing it right now.

Anyway, in said gamesack episode, they cover every shooter on the Megadrive/Genesis platform. A lot of the games they cover, I had never heard about. But sure as shit, I have the rom of every damned game in that episode. F.Y.I. I leave out everything that is not a vertical or horizontal shooter. That "going into the screen" crap (Space Harrier, Afterburner) doesn't count.

Top Bottom