• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
It might but not much. It is much cheaper at BH Photo. Around $1300 to $1400 with taxes and 2 yr warranty.

Subtotal:$962.98
Customs Clearance :$122.85
Shipping:Free
Order Total:$1,085.83
CAD: 1,456.86

I just checked it out and it's even cheaper :O ($948.45 USD)

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn I think I'm gonna do this...

This is so good that I mean, should I even bother waiting for Black Friday?

Lexxism

I just checked it out and it's even cheaper :O ($948.45 USD)

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn I think I'm gonna do this...

This is so good that I mean, should I even bother waiting for Black Friday?
Well, they have a 30 day price protection and will work on black Friday and Cyber Monday.

So guys, any chance that the Samsung KS8000 series might get a discount on Black Friday?

I'm eyeing the 49 inch model right now, which would fit nicely on my TV stand. Current price at BB right now is $2000.

I'm also eyeing this and B&H Photo is the way to go for sure. No way will Canadian retailers beat $1215CAD for a 49" KS8000 on Black Friday.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Amazon changed my estimated delivery date from tomorrow to 22nd/23rd, fucks. Have had it preordered since E3. Called in and cancelled it, just gonna pre-load from the nintendo store and play at 9pm instead.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Whoever doesn't pick up TF2 right now, I will fucking hit you.

Dont hit me daddy! Have you been drinking again?

No but seriously wheres the deal?

Amazon changed my estimated delivery date from tomorrow to 22nd/23rd, fucks. Have had it preordered since E3. Called in and cancelled it, just gonna pre-load from the nintendo store and play at 9pm instead.

Was it saying "being shipped today" or just "estimated delivery: tomorrow"?

Enilced2

I wonder if we will see any sales for Legacy Cod. I want that remaster and the SP for infinite warefare. I just cant justify 110 bucks

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I mean the games already $30 in the States at many places. Ill pay that much, $40 CAD tops.

Bronetta

I really really really regret cancelling my $50 BF1, TF2 and WD2 preorders. Mostly because I got a PS4 Pro recently and all those games are supposed to benefit a lot from it.

Someone was selling Dishonored 2 for $50 on kijiji a few days back and I passed on that too.

Help me Black Friday, youre my only hope.

explodet

I've been slacking off with my preorders. Didn't Best Buy / Amazon do preorder discounts last year? I'm hoping we get something.

I really really really regret cancelling my $50 BF1, TF2 and WD2 preorders. Mostly because I got a PS4 Pro recently and all those games are supposed to benefit a lot from it.

Someone was selling Dishonored 2 for $50 on kijiji a few days back and I passed on that too.

Help me Black Friday, youre my only hope.

BF and WD you can price match with the shoppers flyer starting this weekend.

Quick

Banned
Got contacted by a couple of people about my Kijiji listing. One of them seemed interested this morning, but haven't responded to me after my reply.

Person asked if it was available and for sale, I mentioned it was. And that was it.

Does it seem desperate to ask if he/she is still interested in it?

Edit: I responded to the email via the Kijiji app on iOS. Does it relay the message to the buyer via email or would they need the app as well?

farisr

Got contacted by a couple of people about my Kijiji listing. One of them seemed interested this morning, but haven't responded to me after my reply.

Person asked if it was available and for sale, I mentioned it was. And that was it.

Does it seem desperate to ask if he/she is still interested in it?
Yes, it seems desperate and many are waiting for exactly that kind of response to figure that out and then will give you a ridiculously low offer.

I usually in my ads have it in caps "IF THIS AD IS UP IT IS STILL AVAILABLE". Reduces the frequency of these kinds of occurance by a lot, and at best I reply with a "yes" to these inquiries and let them go. If a person is interested, they will get in touch with you.

Quick

Banned
Yes, it seems desperate and many are waiting for exactly that kind of response to figure that out and then will give you a ridiculously low offer.

I usually in my ads have it in caps "IF THIS AD IS UP IT IS STILL AVAILABLE". Reduces the frequency of these kinds of occurance by a lot, and at best I reply with a "yes" to these inquiries and let them go. If a person is interested, they will get in touch with you.

Makes sense. I was worried about whether or not the app messaging is the same as an email reply. Wasn't sure if the other person got my response since I used the app.

I'll add that line into my ad.

Bronetta

That sale is only about old games.

Prime?

So I'm not the only one then it seems lol.

I contacted Amazon today because its showing Nov 25 as delivery date.

Me: Can you add Prime shipping to this order?
CS: No you placed the order when you werent a Prime member.
Me: Im not gonna wait till Nov 25 when I can buy it somewhere else tomorrow. Can you cancel the order?
CS: No I cant cancel the order its being prepared for shipment

What a load of horseshit. Go fuck yourself Amazon I regret buying Prime

Sealtest

My prime Pokemon sun/moon just went into preparing for shipment. If Canada Post scews up like always I won't be getting this till monday.

Walmart still allow trade-ins for games that are unopened? Think I might go buy sun tmw morning if they dont arrive in time.

Edit - Order just shipped. C'mon Canada Post be the good guy and bring me my Pokemanz! Daddy needs his Alolan Sandslash.

UberTag

I contacted Amazon today because its showing Nov 25 as delivery date.

Me: Can you add Prime shipping to this order?
CS: No you placed the order when you werent a Prime member.
Me: Im not gonna wait till Nov 25 when I can buy it somewhere else tomorrow. Can you cancel the order?
CS: No I cant cancel the order its being prepared for shipment

What a load of horseshit. Go fuck yourself Amazon I regret buying Prime
The whole rigmarole of not being able to update shipping speed while your item hasn't left but not being able to cancel it either is nonsense. I was told that today and then still cancelled the order and the cancellation went through just fine so clearly they're just feeding you a line of BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom