• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixx

So um are there any black friday deals up? I want to know if I should return my battlefield xbox 1.

Also my sun and moon is "on the way" and expected to deliver at the latest 8pm

-Deimos

I contacted Amazon today because its showing Nov 25 as delivery date.

Me: Can you add Prime shipping to this order?
CS: No you placed the order when you werent a Prime member.
Me: Im not gonna wait till Nov 25 when I can buy it somewhere else tomorrow. Can you cancel the order?
CS: No I cant cancel the order its being prepared for shipment

What a load of horseshit. Go fuck yourself Amazon I regret buying Prime

I managed to cancel a game while it was shipping from the order page. If you don't see a cancel option just keep contacting CSRs until you get one that will do it for you.

N° 2048

Just heard a radio ad on 1010 NewsTalk for SDM Holiday Sale starting Nov 19.

The voice over said "video game consoles"

Also does anyone know if amazon offers digital copies of games to purchase?
not in canada

also wooo!!!

de92d2cf8fcf49548183f1dbbdeddb2b.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I contacted Amazon today because its showing Nov 25 as delivery date.

Me: Can you add Prime shipping to this order?
CS: No you placed the order when you werent a Prime member.
Me: Im not gonna wait till Nov 25 when I can buy it somewhere else tomorrow. Can you cancel the order?
CS: No I cant cancel the order its being prepared for shipment

What a load of horseshit. Go fuck yourself Amazon I regret buying Prime

They wouldnt let me update shipping speed but they DID let me cancel at least.

Burgers

Neo Member
Just heard a radio ad on 1010 NewsTalk for SDM Holiday Sale starting Nov 19.

The voice over said "video game consoles"

Looking at the flyer, this Saturday and Sunday you get a $100 gift card with a PS4 or XBOX one purchase. No discount on the actual price of the console

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I managed to cancel a game while it was shipping from the order page. If you don't see a cancel option just keep contacting CSRs until you get one that will do it for you.

I tried, got an email saying it cant be cancelled.

I mean I dont mind waiting a few days extra I have other games to play but a whole week is ridiculous.

I want to not care but I can't help being more bothered than I should by Kijiji people. Two people wrote to me tonight to tell me that my 45$ brand new Gravity Rush Remastered is 19.99$ right now on PSN and usually 33$. I am clearly selling a physical product that was not release in Canada and that is only available for more than that through third parties on amazon or videogameplus. Whatever...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I want to not care but I can't help being more bothered than I should by Kijiji people. Two people wrote to me tonight to tell me that my 45$ brand new Gravity Rush Remastered is 19.99$ right now on PSN and usually 33$. I am clearly selling a physical product that was not release in Canada and that is only available for more than that through third parties on amazon or videogameplus. Whatever...

"Ill give you $12 and can pick up tonite"

CazTGG

Sun/Moon & Watch_Dogs 2 still haven't shipped despite being charge for both (and incorrectly, if my calculations are correct). Anyone else who ordered both that's had Amazon not ship either game (I didn't check "have them ship together" so I don't know why it's taking so long for WD2 considering I have yet to not receive a game on launch date up to today)?

Ventara

Yeah, that cracks me up when people are trying to use the price of the digital copy to haggle the price of the physical copy. It's even happened to me here on GAF.

"Bro, that $100 LE OOP game you have was on sale 2 weeks ago for $20. I'll give you $30 since it has a few extras."

Gxgear

4-hour battle with amazon over $50 because their system included free shipping rebates into the E3 20% off total, dear lord.

sjay1994

I'm going to a midnight launch to pick up my copy of Moon.

Still fucking annoyed with amazon not shipping my copy of Watch Dogs 2 until today, when I am prime and I pre ordered during that e3 special.

khaaan

gaah, Pokemon Sun/Moon shipping on November 21st. It's not like I need to play them ASAP. I still have a little bit of the game I'm playing right now to get through, but it's still annoying to see.

Zeeman

Damn it, apparently the Shoppers near me got a couple of NES classics yesterday (obviously sold both already) and they're not sure they'll be getting more

UberTag

My copy of Pokemon Sun was in "preparing for shipment" mode earlier today but has now reverted back to merely pre-ordered. They probably had to gut the packaging after I canned both Moon and Watch Dogs 2 because they refused to ship them out for tomorrow despite the fact that I have both a Prime trial and upgraded to priority shipping weeks ago.

Don't expect to see it until the middle of next week now.

sjay1994

My copy of Pokemon Sun was in "preparing for shipment" mode earlier today but has now reverted back to merely pre-ordered. They probably had to gut the packaging after I canned both Moon and Watch Dogs 2 because they refused to ship them out for tomorrow despite the fact that I have both a Prime trial and upgraded to priority shipping weeks ago.

Don't expect to see it until the middle of next week now.

You too huh?

superbad

For anyone who managed to place an order for an NES Classic on Amazon.ca last Friday after stock had run out, has your order updated at all?

Grimsen

HOW THE FUCK

I was awake last Thursday night, reinstalling my games on the ps4 pro.

At midnight, I bought one from the Source.

Since I wasn't sure the Source would be reliable, I waited till 3 am and bought one (+ a controller) from best buy.

The next day, my best friend wanted one from Amazon, so I helped him and tried to get one at 5pm. He didn't get one, but I got one for him.

Looking at the thread, I guess I was lucky.

Man my copy of Moon still hasn't shipped, kind of given up hope of getting it tmrw. Well if it doesn't ship tonight I'll probably just grab a copy at Best Buy tmrw.

iphys

Damn it, apparently the Shoppers near me got a couple of NES classics yesterday (obviously sold both already) and they're not sure they'll be getting more

Probably both sold to employees before they saw the light of day, so I doubt you missed anything. I imagine they'll get easier to find after the holidays at least.

Dont forget the controller.

I think Nintendo did what it meant to do. It's shitty, but expected at this point.

I know of 3 well-to-do individuals (casuals) who basically lost interest and couldnt be bothered to buy one anymore now that the hype is down. The controller rarity makes this doubly worse as theres no way casuals are bringing this home to a family with one controller.

Starting to get to that point myself, as I already have an NES (av famicom).

PSA: the public mobile $40 promo is reaching its conclusion soon...

Firestar

PSA: the public mobile $40 promo is reaching its conclusion soon...

Has anyone had issues getting their sim card delivered from them? I might miss out on this deal because my first sim has been stuck for like 7 business days and they sent a second and that didn't arrive yet either...

antibolo

Banned
For anyone who managed to place an order for an NES Classic on Amazon.ca last Friday after stock had run out, has your order updated at all?

Got it the next Monday.

Now still sitting in its box since it's going to be a Christmas gift. I hope I can find one for myself eventually! (and a Famicom Mini)

Has anyone had issues getting their sim card delivered from them? I might miss out on this deal because my first sim has been stuck for like 7 business days and they sent a second and that didn't arrive yet either...

Do you live in MTL, TO, or VAN? Because they are selling SIM cards in person in those cities friday (details on their website)

I ordered Pokémon since E3, and had Prime the entire time and yet... "Being shipped soon" is the message I'm getting :(

C'mon Amazon gimmie the goods

xCobalt

Anyone have experience with CarryTel isp? It seems relatively popular on Redflagdeals but the site seems kinda sketchy.

Firestar

Do you live in MTL, TO, or VAN? Because they are selling SIM cards in person in those cities friday (details on their website)
Just checked the forums about that, thanks. Unfortunately I don't. The post makes it sound like they'll honour the deal for anyone who ordered before the 16th, but then later makes it sound like the cutoff is still the 20th. Guess I'll start worrying about it if it doesn't come tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom