• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Damn it, apparently the Shoppers near me got a couple of NES classics yesterday (obviously sold both already) and they're not sure they'll be getting more

I went to shoppers and forgot to check. Damn priorities. Exam tomorrow morning

zroid

Banned
This is probably old news, but Shoppers has a deal this weekend (Sat and Sun only). Uncharted 4 PS4 Slim bundle for $379.99 + $100 shoppers gift card

edit: same deal for Xbox One S Minecraft bundle ($379.99), and Gears bundle ($389.99)

Renewed

This is probably old news, but Shoppers has a deal this weekend (Sat and Sun only). Uncharted 4 PS4 Slim bundle for $379.99 + $100 shoppers gift card

edit: same deal for Xbox One S Minecraft bundle ($379.99), and Gears bundle ($389.99)

Tempted but I dunno if I want to wait. I'll probably try to find a Shoppers with one since my nearest store doesn't have one.

IceIpor

Well, good news to Canadians in Toronto...
I ordered my 2 copies with free shipping during E3, and I can confirm it has shipped and will be here tomorrow! No Prime necessary!

Latest update: Thursday, 17 Nov
8:22 PM
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
Mississauga, ON, CA
Carrier: Canada Post

This is after the estimated delivery was around Nov 21-25.

bc huh

495c4e3cd9934c04a0ec5b340e47a19c.png
I hope your copy actually arrives tomorrow.

Sealtest

well its 12:28 am and my Pokemon still hasn't changed from shipping label created. Guess I'll have to hit walmart in the morning.

I ordered my 2 copies with free shipping during E3, and I can confirm it has shipped and will be here tomorrow! No Prime necessary!

Latest update: Thursday, 17 Nov
8:22 PM
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
Mississauga, ON, CA
Carrier: Canada Post

This is after the estimated delivery was around Nov 21-25.

I hope your copy actually arrives tomorrow.

looks like it should according ups' tracking,
91c541fab75c4293b6b107a15c6157dd.png

whitehawk

Banned

Xbox for $289 is tempting, especially because I could afford it with optimum points alone

Stage On

Talk about Lucky. I live like just outside Toronto and it says my copy won't ship until the 21st

IceIpor

Talk about Lucky. I live like just outside Toronto and it says my copy won't ship until the 21st
Luck might not be the only factor. I tried to cancel part of an order before it shipped a few days ago (also with a delivery estimate of next week)...
Guess what? They shipped it the very next day(/yesterday) so I had to accept it.

I'm beginning to think they're just doing it to take my money before I can change my mind.

I returned the controller and copy of Watch Dogs 2 to Walmart when I went out to the movies tonight. The lady did so without issue, and just asked why I was returning them out of curiosity. I told her the truth about the controller (I have a shopping addiction, buy things I don't need and decided I wasn't a huge fan of the colour) and that the game would be $50 at Shoppers on Saturday.

I ended up buying it at EB, though, because Shoppers has no return policy and there's still something about the game's vibe that I'm not sold on. I cringed when I watched the trailer at E3, but have become more interested as days have gone by. Still, $50 is a lot of money when there will be lots of other games to buy.

Got two more McDonald's coffees at midnight, while on the way home, since I want to watch the PVRed Leafs game. It's definitely better with one or two creams.

Enjoy your Pokemon hunting, guys. I'm interested, but am just going to wait I think. I hardly ever touch my 3DS, and have Diamond, Y, Sapphire and one other to play through still. And they're mostly the same.

(This is why I'm tempted to buy the Black Friday 3DS, so that I can keep that one perfect and carry my XL with me. But spending $160 for something to sit in a drawer is kinda dumb.)

Renewed

hmm the site says something about getting a max of $424 off

how does one get that much off?

Read here. Trade in games for up to $100 off. Trade in a console to get an additional 10% on top of EDGE. And trade-in eligible console to get $50 off PS4 Pro price. I guess the console trade-in would be the large part of those savings.

Well it seems that amazon isn't shipping stuff even if they charged you already and say "shipping today"(still saying that lol) all day long...

Aske

Read here. Trade in games for up to $100 off. Trade in a console to get an additional 10% on top of EDGE. And trade-in eligible console to get $50 off PS4 Pro price. I guess the console trade-in would be the large part of those savings.

I don't know about the 10% Edge thing, but it's $100 for for 5 games, $50 off the Pro, and $210 (instead of $175) trade-in credit for a PS4 when used towards a Pro. These three offers all stack, and if you have any issues, just ask the employee to give their manager a call to confirm it.

Edit: Huh - link makes no mention of the $210 thing. That promo might be over, but the Edge thing is pretty much the same (5% plus the bonus 10%, and that's with the free membership).

I just did my trade-in on monday. All 3 things stacked and I walked out paying $155 for my Pro. I just have the basic Edge card and I wasn't about to question the computer's math lol.

I was trying to change my FFXV shipping pre-order from Amazon.ca since I moved since that order was done 2 years ago. That's insane that they can't change the shipping address. I spent 30 min through the Chat feature ugh! Even escalated to the manager on staff and nothing. Is there any way to intercept it or is my only option to cancel like they say?

TIA.

I don't know about the 10% Edge thing, but it's $100 for for 5 games, $50 off the Pro, and $210 (instead of $175) trade-in credit for a PS4 when used towards a Pro. These three offers all stack, and if you have any issues, just ask the employee to give their manager a call to confirm it.

Edit: Huh - link makes no mention of the $210 thing. That promo might be over, but the Edge thing is pretty much the same (5% plus the bonus 10%, and that's with the free membership).

210 is on the page, just search for it.

Could we stop with all the Amazon shipping complaints?

It's well known that Amazon is trash tier for shipping video games on time even if you have Prime.

If you want your game day one then go in a store. If you want your discount from Amazon then that's the price you pay.

It's becoming tiresome.

ryan-ts

Here's another Amazon update!

The tracker says my copy of Pokemon Moon arrived in Ottawa at 5:30AM (I live in Ottawa). Looks like I'll be playing this weekend!!

pRRtm.gif

I am looking at Best Buy's early Black Friday sale and they literally have products up that are the same price as they were before. I am hoping that means they just haven't changed them yet.

chaosaeon

It might but not much. It is much cheaper at BH Photo. Around $1300 to $1400 with taxes and 2 yr warranty.

Subtotal:$962.98
Customs Clearance :$122.85
Shipping:Free
Order Total:$1,085.83
CAD: 1,456.86

I'm also eyeing this and B&H Photo is the way to go for sure. No way will Canadian retailers beat $1215CAD for a 49" KS8000 on Black Friday.

Guy on the phone told me the shipping isn't free on TVs and if you add one to cart and try to check out, yeah, the shipping isn't free. the 49" comes to $1104 US after tax+border fees which is almost 1500 CAD. And the warranty you either have to pay extra for, or it doesn't count because it's an american purchase so they won't honor it in canada unless you pay for the better warranty. So it's 1500 + whatever that is, (i think 70 ish USD). So all in all about 1600 CAD. Not exactly great.

m23

Anyone who hasn't played Wolfenstein New Order should buy it immediately if you're an fps fan. It's $8.25 on xbl.

Lexxism

Guy on the phone told me the shipping isn't free on TVs and if you add one to cart and try to check out, yeah, the shipping isn't free. the 49" comes to $1104 US after tax+border fees which is almost 1500 CAD. And the warranty you either have to pay extra for, or it doesn't count because it's an american purchase so they won't honor it in canada unless you pay for the better warranty. So it's 1500 + whatever that is, (i think 70 ish USD). So all in all about 1600 CAD. Not exactly great.
It says free when I do the checkout. Or if I pay through apple pay it says $0 on shipping.

tkalamba

I'm in Pickering, have the same problem. I work downtown so I may just try and buy a copy somewhere today and cancel my order if I don't see a change by end of day.

As far as I know, the shipping IS free on tv's up to 49". I have logged in and get to the payment screen after selecting the free shipping option entering billing information (past shipping) and the number hasn't magically increased. Including shipping, customs and border fees I am seeing $955.95 (I'm in AB). That is a little under $1300CAD. Nowhere near your $1600. If I were to check out, they couldn't retroactively charge me for shipping either. The warranty thing, well you can buy a squaretrade, or take a chance. Either way you're saving $700+, at least here in AB.

Windam

Scaley member
PS4 Pro makes compatible games look like bullshots on my 1080p TV. I am happy with the upgrade. Others say they can't see the difference though.

If you're happy with PC gaming I don't know if it's for you.

I did it yesterday. Paid $172 after trading in the OG, four games that got upgraded to $20, and AC:U and KZ:SF. The improved wifi is a godsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom