• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Yeah I liked her as well. The hate was about her skimpy clothing, but people who were very salty about her then got annoyed at her upfrontness. Then people brought in it being by the smt guy and a game aimed at a Japanese audience. This same argument was repeated in the OT, Reddit and GAMEFAQS. It was mainly SJW's I guess but still annoying af.

Tbf, Nokia's outfit is stupid (two half-shirts sewn together?) and does a disservice in informing her character. The only good thing about it is how it hints at Omegamon. The art of her in the new V-Jump is... it certainly doesn't fit her at all.

And yeah, she starts out a bit in-your-face and cowardly. The second half of the game is where she really shines with her development. I think either some people miss that or simply don't gel with her upfront attitude.

She's probably my favorite character in the game (she's the real protagonist :p) and I don't think she's really that hated outside of a few. I may be wrong though.

Guys. Guys.

I think Episode 36 was the best episode of Appmon yet.

Some really well storyboarded scenes, and some amazing story developments.
That boat scene between Eri and Knight was just perfect. Eri's arc has really come around in a brilliant manner. Astra has suddenly become really likable, too. I'm so glad that Eri took charge of her own destiny and didn't need to be rescued. When Haru and the others are showing up to save her, she's already fought her way off the ship. There were so many amazing scenes during the episode.

And next week should be awesome with them being trapped by the Ultimate Four. Yuujin is off somewhere, Sleepmon is still around, the men in black from back at the beginning finally showed up again.

I have high hopes now for the last 16 episodes or so being pretty awesome.

I can finally respond to this. :D I haven't seen 37 yet, but if 36 is any indication, it will deliver.

AVcyDvT.gif

Eri got a serious boost to her character arc in the last couple episodes. The initial "I want to make people smile" wasn't that bad of a motivation, but it did give off hollow "world peace" Miss America vibes. Adding her mom to equation gave it a more personal feeling which elevated it.

Then they give her the initial face-off with Knight... not bad, not bad. That whole sequence was well done just from an animation standpoint. How she handled being cornered was great.

I hope they give Astra more screen time now. He's been a little neglected for awhile, though his collaboration with Eri was pretty sweet.

I wonder what Yuujin's doing...

I'm really looking forward to the last arc! :D

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This week's Appmon was easily the best yet---

Did a great job introducing the Ultimate 4

It was really intense. The fights were great, but it was that ending that was just brutal. Seeing their appli drives getting crushed and their partners ask dissappearing was heavy. And that ending shot with Haru. All of the Ultimate 4 came across as really dangerous.

It was a remix of Adventure's Dark Masters arc intro, but done waaaay better imo. It was intense seeing the Buddies getting utterly destroyed, a far cry from a few episodes ago when they ganged up on Tripmon. I imagine this will lead into them getting their Duos.

I can't see exactly where they are going with Yuujin. I mean, I'm guessing where he'll end up, but I was surprised by him having a heroic sacrifice this episode, instead of after his whatever-is-up-with-him reveal. I suppose they needed him out of the way so that the Appli Drivers are completely powerless.

Nokia's a great character, but that outfit is the pits. So is Rino Shinomiya's attire with the boob window jacket. Atrocious character designs.

That art book is mighty tempting.

Habu's going to be at the live stream, too, so it looks like we'll be getting some Hacker's Memory stuff in addition to V-Pet stuff. Debating if waking up at 7 AM to watch it will be worthwhile.

Some other Digimon product info from WtW (more info and pictures at the link).

'Gild Design Duralumin Card Cases' from the new 'Special Digimon Art Items' series. There is a Red Tyranomon variant and a blue MetalGreymon variant with new art by Ken Watanabe. Each comes with a mini shikishi board of the same art. They will cost 12,800 yen each.

The Battle Spirits card game is going to have a booster set with Digimon cards. It will release September 30th.

Image of a couple of the Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection Version 1.0 figures scheduled to be in Gashapon machines in August.

The Dukemon Crimson Mode GEM figure will be 14,904 yen and released in January.

Now this I want! Is it a Bandai Premium exclusive? There's no way this will get localized, so I'll need to import (heh, I said that aboit the last two Pokemon artbooks I imported...)

I'm not sure if it's exclusive, though I don't see it mentioned anywhere. If it's at a reasonable price, I wouldn't mind getting it myself.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely want to look into those Gashapons. They look great! Dukemon GEM looks amazing! (The price and size tho... *sigh*...)

So someone noticed that new english screenshots were listed in Gematsu for Hackers Memory.

Dorugoramon is sneakily confirmed. I vaguely remember that Dorugoramon was somewhat requested, so good news for those who wanted him.

So someone noticed that new english screenshots were listed in Gematsu for Hackers Memory.

Dorugoramon is sneakily confirmed. I vaguely remember that Dorugoramon was somewhat requested, so good news for those who wanted him.

Haha, was just about to post this. Gematsu has some new screens. If you look at the names of the player Digimon or the portraits in the Player Turn in this screenshot, you'll see he's confirmed.

I'm starting to think we won't get a femc for this game. I feel like there was one confirmed at this point in previous games. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd prefer one fleshed out mc than the silent protagonists we got in Cyber Sleuth & Next Order. They should mix it up with a Female MC though, we haven't had one in a long time .

I just wonder how the female MC will look if she keeps the same eyes as the male MC. I really hope that Beelzemon has a different effect this time since he's my favorite but I had to use his Blast Mode because it became annoying having all my digimon receive damage on all their turns... also give me Bellestarmon and Bancholillymon!

DORUgoramon getting in is cool. Now we just need the Death X line.

And yeah, it's a bit surprising that there's no feMC announcement so far. I can't recall them waiting this long in the past. That'd be a shame if we're back to just a male protagonist.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nice to see Haru with the other protagonists! Really hope we see a proper crossover one day---even if just an episode!

Also just realized that the Ultimates each Appmon were paired off against last episode
correspond to the one they link with to reach God Grade

Tusk

Nice to see Haru with the other protagonists! Really hope we see a proper crossover one day---even if just an episode!

Also just realized that the Ultimates each Appmon were paired off against last episode
correspond to the one they link with to reach God Grade

It would be cool to see one in Appmon, but isn't this a proper crossover? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QTNL1oOGuM

Also with the ultimates,
They likely become good later. Apparently Biomon, and Charismon are already Haru and Rei's new partners in the manga. Manga and anime aren't exactly 1:1 though, so who knows how the show will handle it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I finally caught up to the episodes :x Was behind for a while with eps 32-37 on backlog...

Offmon evolving finally was neat. I figured he would have some tough uncontrollable evolution, when he kept saying how he didn't want to (and ya know, polarizing opposites). Eri's arc was ok, but it did help lead into main plot, and now all of the buddies are "dead", right now. I wonder if Yuujin will truly die though? There was speculation before that he's not even real, due to that one scene when he came home to his mom that was never brought up again. Still plenty of episodes left, though!

I also watched that live sound drama Digimon Adventure special that was recently subbed. Interesting seeing the VAs doing their characters. Agumon's VA was kind of surprising, and Jou's VA sure looked like quite the opposite of the character. Yamato and Takeru's VAs almost look like they could work on that upcoming play :p

Erv

It's still for order, so you're good. They usually don't stick around long once they actually get released, for most of the characters.
Thanks. Yeah I see it's still for order but it also says that preorders ended in March. Might risk it...

Appmon 38 - Guest Starring: Hyper Mar-

I recommend no phone booths watch this episode, lest they get their feelings hurt. *hack-choo*

Thanks. Yeah I see it's still for order but it also says that preorders ended in March. Might risk it...

If you love Greymon, dooooo iiiiiiiit. Look at the magnificent beast!

AYnunH0.jpg

1upsuper

Shit, I totally forgot about the anniversary V-pets they were doing. I already missed out on two waves? And I need that artbook, hot damn. Are these things only available on that official Bandai site? Do you need a forwarding service?

Shit, I totally forgot about the anniversary V-pets they were doing. I already missed out on two waves? And I need that artbook, hot damn. Are these things only available on that official Bandai site? Do you need a forwarding service?

Sorry, it's actually the second wave. I mislabeled it the third wave because I was thinking of the original colors having another round of preorders.

I hope the art book won't be Premium Bandai exclusive, but yeah, the V-pets have been so far.

I used From Japan to get one of the original color V-pets. I'll be getting it on Monday.

1upsuper

Sorry, it's actually the second wave. I mislabeled it the third wave because I was thinking of the original colors having another round of preorders.

I hope the art book won't be Premium Bandai exclusive, but yeah, the V-pets have been so far.

I used From Japan to get one of the original color V-pets. I'll be getting it on Monday.

I see. Thank you. I'll look into From Japan.

^^ For those who haven't ordered through From Japan before and might want to get one of the upcoming exclusives, I'll write some basic instructions.

1. When the item goes up for preorder on Premium Bandai, copy the web address of the product page.

2. Enter the address into From Japan's search bar. A form should pop up.

3. Fill out the form. This includes things like the number you want and the name of the item. If you want a specific color/size/etc., enter it in Japanese in the Comment section. The three upcoming V-pet colors are アルファモンカラー (Alphamon color), ズバモンカラー (Zubamon color) and オメガモンカラー (Omegamon color).

4. Place your order. They will need to process it first before they email you asking for the first payment. Charge 1 pays for preordering the item and is an upfront cost.

5. When they have the item, they will email you for the second payment. Charge 2 pays for shipping. If the cost is similar to the one I just ordered, expect Charge 2 to be somewhere around 2,500 - 3,500 yen for the V-pets, depending on the plan/shipping service you choose.

1upsuper

^^ For those who haven't ordered through From Japan before and might want to get one of the upcoming exclusives, I'll write some basic instructions.

1. When the item goes up for preorder on Premium Bandai, copy the web address of the product page.

2. Enter the address into From Japan's search bar. A form should pop up.

3. Fill out the form. This includes things like the number you want and the name of the item. If you want a specific color/size/etc., enter it in Japanese in the Comment section. The three upcoming V-pet colors are アルファモンカラー (Alphamon color), ズバモンカラー (Zubamon color) and オメガモンカラー (Omegamon color).

4. Place your order. They will need to process it first before they email you asking for the first payment. Charge 1 pays for preordering the item and is an upfront cost.

5. When they have the item, they will email you for the second payment. Charge 2 pays for shipping. If the cost is similar to the one I just ordered, expect Charge 2 to be somewhere around 2,500 - 3,500 yen for the V-pets, depending on the plan/shipping service you choose.
That's very helpful, thank you. If I wanted to get one of the V-pets and the art book, would I go through your five steps twice and do two separate orders, or can you buy two products in one order?

That's very helpful, thank you. If I wanted to get one of the V-pets and the art book, would I go through your five steps twice and do two separate orders, or can you buy two products in one order?

When you fill out a form, it adds that item to your cart. You can check out with multiple items, as long as they are from the same site. These two preorders are a month apart, but they tend to run for multiple months, so you can probably put both into one order if you wait for the artbook. The only problem being that the V-pets are proving to be popular and might run out.

Adventure Tri part 5, new trailer.

Meicoomon's Mega is strange-looking to me. I can't put my finger on it.

It has metallic looking Knight-face like Imperialdramon FM, Jesmon, Omegamon and Alphamon. Maybe that clashes with its design?

I actually like that form. It gets rid off the fucking boobs Meicrackmon had. That form didnt need sex appeal...
I'm pretty sure fans would have given them to it in fanart either way.

1upsuper

When you fill out a form, it adds that item to your cart. You can check out with multiple items, as long as they are from the same site. These two preorders are a month apart, but they tend to run for multiple months, so you can probably put both into one order if you wait for the artbook. The only problem being that the V-pets are proving to be popular and might run out.

Thanks again! I didn't realize they were a month apart, so I will do two orders to ensure I get the V-pet, but that's good to know for the future.

Tusk

If you're getting the vpets, here's the page for the D-1 grand prix. http://digimon.net/20th/d1/
You can only battle CPU right now, and you can only battle CPU 5 times a day.

Also Meicoomons
actual real final evolution
is on the 20th page, if you wanna spoil yourself.

Woops, thought I covered that bit. Fixed.

1upsuper

Aside from each cover 'Mon, do we know what if any exclusives there will be on this second wave of the V-pets? I don't know which to go for. Leaning Omegamon slightly.

Aside from each cover 'Mon, do we know what if any exclusives there will be on this second wave of the V-pets? I don't know which to go for. Leaning Omegamon slightly.

According to this site, each seems to have an exclusive Digiegg (Watch out, as said above, there are spoilers related to Meicoomon).

Alphamon gets the Lunamon Digiegg, Zubamon gets the Meicoomon Digiegg, and Omegamon gets the Coronamon Digiegg.

They were showing off the new transforming figures for a bit on the Livestream, and did some comparisons to the older ones, too.

They also just showed some pages from the art book, and the art looked pretty nice. Tempted by that.

Showing Linkz stuff on the stream right now, which just reminds me how we can't play it.

I'm guessing Hacker's Memory should be up soon, based on that?

I finally got the OG Digimon World ost (the one that came with the Asian DW remake on ps4/vita), and there are a few tracks I don't remember hearing. I'm guessing they're just unused tracks, unless they got cut from the western release for some reason. I'd like to get the original ost from the 90's (as a collector's item) but I'm not paying $500 for it.

So, there wasn't a whole lot of new stuff during that stream, but it was still pretty fun. Hacker's Memory looks great, and it was cool to see Chaosdramon added to the game. Watanabe's drawings were pretty awesome.

Edit: Okay, this video at the very end with them showing the original V-Pet sprites with Butter-fly playing in the background is pretty great.

Top Bottom