• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Closer look at the Limited Edition. For some reason I didn't realize it was clear. It gives the Agumon a cool look.

Gabumon -> MetalGarurumon figure. The original figure is on the right.

At least we might be finally getting Mega figures for the rest of the cast. I don't think we'll get Hououmon, Vikemon, or HerakleKabuterimon otherwise. :(

The clear Wargreymon is really neat (make a Figuarts of that style and I'll buy!)

The Gabumon - Metalgarurumon actually looks really good, though!

Even more digivolving figures!

Dorumon -> Alphamon
ruptoSr.jpg

Keramon -> Diablomon

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Closer look at the Limited Edition. For some reason I didn't realize it was clear. It gives the Agumon a cool look.
Gabumon -> MetalGarurumon figure. The original figure is on the right.
At least we might be finally getting Mega figures for the rest of the cast. I don't think we'll get Hououmon, Vikemon, or HerakleKabuterimon otherwise. :(
You'll get Lilimon, Garudamon, Zudomon and AtlurKabuterimon and like it.

Hey at least they're getting figures.

Like I said, WereGarurumon is always ignored because of the Digiwarp curse, and I'm the WereGarurumon >>>>>>>>>> MetalGarurumon camp.

Tusk

This all looks so good, especially that Alphamon and Diaboromon.

I really hope they don't all come out in quick succession of eachother, like one a month tops would be okay.

Edit: Now I'm suddenly worried the line might get cancelled before they even make more/release these. I hope it does well. Could possibly see other series get digivolving figures too if it does well enough.
Diaboromon is easily the best of them all in ultimate form seeing as you can see so little of Keramon, I don't even know how he'll be able to go into looking like Keramon. Alphamon's back is just straight up Dorumon though, granted these aren't really meant to be displayed from the back at all anyway.

Tusk

The livestream for the Digivolving Spirits is up on Youtube. Details at WtW.

In it, one of my fears was confirmed.

Looks like the others will go up to their Ultimate/Perfect form. A HerakleKabuterimon figure eludes me yet again.

Noooooo. That's what I was most hyped for. Atleast Tentomon's will be easy, and look good due to the color being red on red. Tailmon -> Holydramon would've been cool too, would've liked to display a big dragon figure. Getting all the ultimates in general would've been nice really. Maybe if things go well they'll release ultimate versions down the road, I hope.

All in all I can kiss my hopes of a digivolving Omegamon combiner figure goodbye.

They had to do this to avoid hurting the feelings of the Ofanimon fans with a Tailmon to Holydramon figure.

Confirmed that we'll get all 8 of the Adventure cast. I wonder who else we might see given the Alphamon and Diablomon figures. V-mon and Guilmon seem like safe bets. A V-Dramon to Ulforce V-dramon would be cool as a celebration of V-Tamer.

They had to do this to avoid hurting the feelings of the Ofanimon fans with a Tailmon to Holydramon figure.

Confirmed that we'll get all 8 of the Adventure cast. I wonder who else we might see given the Alphamon and Diablomon figures. V-mon and Guilmon seem like safe bets. A V-Dramon to Ulforce V-dramon would be cool as a celebration of V-Tamer.

I remember the old Guilmon -> Dukemon figure being surprisingly good, so a remake of that would be interesting to see. A V-dramon figure would be great too.

Whats the update on the dub for Digimon Tri? Did that ever happen?

Dub of part 1 was recently released on DVD/Blu-ray. The US release of part 2 is August 15th.

Tusk

Got them both ordered. I wish they did an LE for the blue one too so there would be a matching set for the figures and stands.

Aurizen

Anyone have hope that Digimon Linkz will be coming to the US? It's on mobile devices on hope it'll happen. It looks like it'll for well in the US.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have hope that Digimon Linkz will be coming to the US? It's on mobile devices on hope it'll happen. It looks like it'll for well in the US.

Hard to say. Digimon Heroes! seems to be going pretty strong (and I'm super addicted to it...) and Linkz was a direct replacement for it... Not sure if Bandai would want both running together, and I'm not done with Heroes yet!!

Aurizen

Hard to say. Digimon Heroes! seems to be going pretty strong (and I'm super addicted to it...) and Linkz was a direct replacement for it... Not sure if Bandai would want both running together, and I'm not done with Heroes yet!!
I think Linkz is way better. I'm dying to contact Bandai if they have any plans for that. The distance is getting too great.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Linkz does look pretty interesting, so it'd be nice if they released it over here eventually. It did take them a long time to bring Crusader over.

Wow I had no idea it started way back in 2012!! It indeed took 4 years to get here... I knew it was shut down in Japan before it came here, though. Looks like it averaged 2 years per territory, so I guess we'll have to see how it does in english.

Nice. I've also listened to that song from part 3 on Youtube about 100 times. I want them to release the soundtracks for Tri already.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the trailer.

Seems like Tai finally gets his shit together this movie. Getting really tired of Tai vs Matt arguing.

Guys. Guys.

I think Episode 36 was the best episode of Appmon yet.

Some really well storyboarded scenes, and some amazing story developments.
That boat scene between Eri and Knight was just perfect. Eri's arc has really come around in a brilliant manner. Astra has suddenly become really likable, too. I'm so glad that Eri took charge of her own destiny and didn't need to be rescued. When Haru and the others are showing up to save her, she's already fought her way off the ship. There were so many amazing scenes during the episode.

And next week should be awesome with them being trapped by the Ultimate Four. Yuujin is off somewhere, Sleepmon is still around, the men in black from back at the beginning finally showed up again.

I have high hopes now for the last 16 episodes or so being pretty awesome.

Erv

So if I want high quality Digimon figures or statues that aren't too much what site or brands should I look at?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So if I want high quality Digimon figures or statues that aren't too much what site or brands should I look at?

It's hard saying "high quality" and "not too much" on the same line. Megahouse GEM and Bandai SH Figuarts are both great quality, but the price depends on what you want... Not much other Digimon figures besides those are really getting made right now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guys. Guys.

I think Episode 36 was the best episode of Appmon yet.

I haven't watched 36 yet but I went into 35 thinking it was going to be another weak Eri episode (like the one with Copipemon---which was one of the worst and seemed to exist to sell CDs) and it pleasantly surprised me, especially when the end revealed it was gonna lead into 36 instead of being a one-off.

Very excited to watch this one tonight. My only gripe with Appmon at the moment is I feel Yuujin and Offmon are getting a bit too much focus (to sell the Applirizer Duo) but otherwise this is a fun little show.

Erv

It's hard saying "high quality" and "not too much" on the same line. Megahouse GEM and Bandai SH Figuarts are both great quality, but the price depends on what you want... Not much other Digimon figures besides those are really getting made right now.
Thanks. Any of those brands make bigger scale figures like ten inches or more. I'll look it up

Erv

yes! very nice. i don't know how exactly to watch it so i'll just buy the shit on blu-ray if I can, if there's no other way

it is available on blu-ray, right?
Yeah I'm thinking of waiting till they're all out which will probably be ten years from now. But I want to watch it all at once.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Any of those brands make bigger scale figures like ten inches or more. I'll look it up

Most of the larger ones are pretty big. Beelzebumon, Angemon/womon, Greymon, Ladydevimon (probably), Dukemon Crimson mode (probably)

Hacker's Memory news from V-Jump:

- Nokia, Agumon, and Gabumon will be returning.
- New character Imai Chitose(?) whose partner is Ankylomon.
- New Digimon for Cyber Sleuth: Turuiemon, Mushmon, Airdramon, Goddramon, and *drumroll* Megidramon!

There was other Digimon related info, including the Digimon Universe 20th Anniversary Pop-up Shop, which looks to be including every season.

Can't link to it directly, because scans, but this info came from WtW.

- New Digimon for Cyber Sleuth: Turuiemon, Mushmon, Airdramon, Goddramon, and *drumroll* Megidramon!

There was other Digimon related info, including the Digimon Universe 20th Anniversary Pop-up Shop, which looks to be including every season.

Nokia returning isn't going to go down well with some of the Internet, the amount of people complaining in the original OT was annoying.

Glad to hear the next shops going to have stuff from other seasons, the museum one wasn't that great but I still picked up some stuff.

Airdramon, Turuiemon, Dinobeemon and assumingly Funbeemon is Electric Rookie Digimon, means that literally everything that I personally thought would have made perfect 1st game roster are actually ingame. Amazing. Now everything new is icing on cake.

Also good for Megidramon fans, felt like that was requested a lot.

Also refreshing seeing major NPCs get 02 partner mons. Previous few years they have used from seasons 1, 3 and 5.

Have they confirmed how many new digimon we should be expecting in Hacker's Memory?

With Goddramon and Megidramon, I hope that they decide to go ahead and complete the 4 Great Dragons (and then, if you're throwing Qinglongmon in, you might as well do the Holy Beasts as well, right?). And Airdramon is correcting a great injustice. It was quite bizarre how they didn't include Airdramon in the past two games, so I'm glad that's over and done with now.

Nokia returning isn't going to go down well with some of the Internet, the amount of people complaining in the original OT was annoying.
People are crazy, Nokia is the best! She feels like the main character at times and it's awesome how she starts being a nobody to being the leader of a hacker group.

Top Bottom