• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

*Another* Wargreymon figure is being released/teased (maybe other adventure megas as well) , teaser ends in 28days.

https://withthewill.net/threads/175...o-Digivolving-Spirit-Figures-WarGreymon-Image

tamashii_wargreymon_april29_2017.jpg

At least it wasn't omnimon again. I only have two wargreymon figures atm ~_~.

That one's actually pretty nice. I had the Guilmon -> Dukemon one. It looked great as Dukemon, but reverted back, looked pretty bad.
This was my issue with these, rookies were huge and oversized. Megas were the same size as the rookies. The paint job also wasn't great.
But they were very clever with hiding the rookie parts Impmons face became Beelzemons wings etc.

LycanXIII

Yeah, I had the BlackWarGreymon one.

It was pretty cool.

I had the regular WarGreymon, Gallantmon (Lance being Guimon's tail was awful), WarGrowlmon, and the Beetlemon ones.

I "grew up" and tore them apart when I was in my preteens and deeply regret it now. :(

Tusk

Most of my Digimon toys got stolen as a kid. Had a bunch of those 02 transformable digiegg digimon. Favorite was Submarimon.

Ontop of the 20th Anni. V-Pets getting a second wave with new designs.

They're updating and releasing the orange and blue 15th anniversary digivices. Glad I didn't get those when they came out. The orange one comes with some mystery item.

Most of my Digimon toys got stolen as a kid. Had a bunch of those 02 transformable digiegg digimon. Favorite was Submarimon.

They're updating and releasing the orange and blue 15th anniversary digivices. Glad I didn't get those when they came out. The orange one comes with some mystery item.

This is great, was a broke student when the original run was announced :D. I was looking to buy an anime-original colour one, not sure if I should wait now ><.

Those new v-pet designs look much better than the original scans made them look.

casiopao

How does everyone feel on Digimon Tri nowadays actually? I feel a bit disappointment for how much miss opportunities and inconsistencies the show had brought for me recently.T_T

Would probably be better off waiting.

The new designs look even better here.
The gold one didn't look great in stock
pics but it does there.

How does everyone feel on Digimon Tri nowadays actually? I feel a bit disappointment for how much miss opportunities and inconsistencies the show had brought for me recently.T_T

Yup, massive disappointment. At least we get some of the untold story in between, the last movie has quite a bit of that.

I'm one of the few people still enjoying it. Part 4 was maybe the weakest (been awhile since I've watched part 1 again) but I'm still having fun with them. I wish they would release the soundtrack for these though as it's one of my favorites.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder where we can watch AppliMon subs now... current guy wasn't using his own tracker or had his own site and yeah stuff happened this week :/ (Which now sucks for show that are actually subbed and not just ripped off CR everywhere :/)

Technically it’s a disappointment but for some reason I don’t feel bad about it. It doesn’t bother me that its bad. Its concepts are fine but the execution is between meh and horrible.

If this is for fan service, why are battle animations somehow worse than in Adventure? I would like giving original cast Mega forms that they were missing but they get shit action. Like 5-10 mins per movie… that’s not enough time.

Also, there is no way this is going to have satisfying ending. I’m almost curious how big the negativity will grow. It’s already notable, and they will likely drop the ball soooo hard.

Technically it’s a disappointment but for some reason I don’t feel bad about it. It doesn’t bother me that its bad. Its concepts are fine but the execution is between meh and horrible.

If this is for fan service, why are battle animations somehow worse than in Adventure? I would like giving original cast Mega forms that they were missing but they get shit action. Like 5-10 mins per movie… that’s not enough time.

Also, there is no way this is going to have satisfying ending. I’m almost curious how big the negativity will grow. It’s already notable, and they will likely drop the ball soooo hard.

I agree, but I'd say they needed much more time to flesh out the story battle scenes. I would've preferred if they just went the dragonball way where they gauged it with a movie and then made a series. These movies just aren't doing it justice. Best part about it is all the merch we're getting

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
It was one of those rare announcements that kept me awake at night because it was just that exciting, so I'm extremely disappointed with how it's turning out. My expectations weren't even that high, all I really wanted was some nice warp digivolve sequences like the Digimon Adventure PSP game had.

I'm thankful that it got us a new version of Butterfly though, and it seems like it helped rekindle interest in the franchise, at least in the west.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the minority that is still really enjoying Tri, looking forward to the blu release in a couple weeks, and curious to see what happens next.

I'm in the minority that is still really enjoying Tri, looking forward to the blu release in a couple weeks, and curious to see what happens next.

It's not that we're not enjoying it, it just has a lot of glaring issues which leave you with a feeling of dissapointment of what could have been. Still looking forward to the next movie, I have the blu ray pre-ordered as well.

I mean I didn't really get annoyed until part 2's ending. Parts 3 had a couple of issues & part 4 was just a lot of fluff after the initial re-union in the digital world.

More info on Hacker's Memory:

Anybody wanted the new Zubamon line? Well you got it.

Arata and Yuugo are back, they are using 'mons from earlier part of game.

New character Ryuuji, leader of Hudie and has Cyberdramon as partner.

The game also introduces domination battes:

"Domination Battles are team-based battles where players fight for the control of cyberspace. Area is divided into squares, and the squares you move past are dyed your team’s color and occupied. By making contact with an enemy, you’ll break into battle, and by winning battles, you can steal an enemy’s area. "

OH

And week ago there was interview that regarded some things about balance. They do acknowledge that speed and piercing attacks were dominating, but that they dont want to nerf them to make new players have trouble. Instead they are creating counter skills against them.

I'm speculating that there could be Special End, like Support End, that would block Digimon's Special Attacks. There could possibly be something like Trick Room in Pokemon to counter turn orders. Of course this is speculation.

My only major issues with Tri are the animation quality and its treatment of Sora in Loss (her arc was not done well at all). The environments are gorgeous but I want fluidity dammit.

But tbh I'm only here to see the rest of the megas, as it's been satisfying me on that front so I'm satisfied overall.

hampig

Sweet Jesus, I'd been craving one of these for the last two years. Had one as a kid and loved it to death. How and when can I get one of those digivices?

Tusk

More info on Hacker's Memory:

Anybody wanted the new Zubamon line? Well you got it.

Arata and Yuugo are back, they are using 'mons from earlier part of game.

New character Ryuuji, leader of Hudie and has Cyberdramon as partner.

The game also introduces domination battes:

"Domination Battles are team-based battles where players fight for the control of cyberspace. Area is divided into squares, and the squares you move past are dyed your team's color and occupied. By making contact with an enemy, you'll break into battle, and by winning battles, you can steal an enemy's area. "

OH

And week ago there was interview that regarded some things about balance. They do acknowledge that speed and piercing attacks were dominating, but that they dont want to nerf them to make new players have trouble. Instead they are creating counter skills against them.

I'm speculating that there could be Special End, like Support End, that would block Digimon's Special Attacks. There could possibly be something like Trick Room in Pokemon to counter turn orders. Of course this is speculation.

I'm so happy Zubamon got its entire line, was worried they'd pull what they did with Hackmon previously. Both Hackmon and Zubamon are going on my team as soon as possible.

That team stuff sounds kinda cool. I wish this game was coming out sooner.

Sweet Jesus, I'd been craving one of these for the last two years. Had one as a kid and loved it to death. How and when can I get one of those digivices?

The 15th Anni. ones are later this month, and the 20th Anni. are next month

Windam

Scaley member

Bought Tai's 15th anniversary Digivice off eBay two Christmases ago for a stupid amount of money and haven't touched it. I hope these 20th anniversary ones aren't as expensive as the 15th ones were
L O L
. Or that they make it overseas.
L O L

Tusk

Bought Tai's 15th anniversary Digivice off eBay two Christmases ago for a stupid amount of money and haven't touched it. I hope these 20th anniversary ones aren't as expensive as the 15th ones were
L O L
. Or that they make it overseas.
L O L

No idea if we'll ever get over seas releases, but as for prices these new 15th ones are the same price as the originals, google says $88, and the 20th ones are like $33. That's not including shipping or potential middleman fees. Reasonable prices imo, atleast for the 20th Anni. ones. I bought the original anime color version of the 15th ones off a scalper, so I payed quite a bit too.

They did also open a p-bandai shop for the USA this week, no Digimon products yet from what I read on WtW.

Might buy both 20th anniversary digivices since i want whatever mystery gift is and it would look nice next to my original Orange(didn't buy the other anniversary digivice).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Behind on my AppMon eps.

Ep 29-30.

Filler and... filler! 2 other eps subbed, but I'm guessing 31 will prob end up being a Musimon filler ep. They're ok, but it's kinda sucks when they introduce Offmon, and then plot stops for a bit while they do some character filler :/

Tusk

Behind on my AppMon eps.

Ep 29-30.

Filler and... filler! 2 other eps subbed, but I'm guessing 31 will prob end up being a Musimon filler ep. They're ok, but it's kinda sucks when they introduce Offmon, and then plot stops for a bit while they do some character filler :/

31 and 32 are Offmon episodes. 32 is pretty good.

Windam

Scaley member
No idea if we'll ever get over seas releases, but as for prices these new 15th ones are the same price as the originals, google says $88, and the 20th ones are like $33. That's not including shipping or potential middleman fees. Reasonable prices imo, atleast for the 20th Anni. ones. I bought the original anime color version of the 15th ones off a scalper, so I payed quite a bit too.

Thank you Godmon.

Was the original colour version a functional Digivice, or the one that just lit up and played the Digimon's names? Almost spent close to around $200 CAD on that before realizing it didn't actually do anything.

Thank you Godmon.

Was the original colour version a functional Digivice, or the one that just lit up and played the Digimon's names? Almost spent close to around $200 CAD on that before realizing it didn't actually do anything.

The first season 20th anniversary digivices don't have a price yet, the $33 is for the vpets. The anime original colour digivices had two versions, the lighting up one and the functional one.

Tusk

The light up Digivice was the complete selection animation one. Also, yeah. The V-Pets are $33, that's what I was referring to as the 20th Anni. ones. My bad if I mixed you up. Are the updated 15th ones not the same price as the original releases?

Oh, the blue one will be $88, but the updated orange doesn't have a price. I guess they'll make it a little higher for that included bonus item.

Edit: Oh man, the art for Gaiamon in those scans, plus the card art is so cool. I can't wait for the god grades to be in show.

Random Digimon news. Some of this is days old, but I haven't seen this stuff posted here yet.

Picture of the Wargreymon Digivolving Spirits figure. There is going to be a livestream this weekend were they will discuss the general plans for the figures and package design for the first series.

For what it is, it's done as well as it could be. It certainly looks better than the the original (more expensive though). I'm curious to see the other Adventure Digimon, if they are planning on doing all of them.

There is going to be a tri stage play.

The US Blu-ray/DVD of tri part 2 is up for pre-order. It releases August 15th.

New HM shots. The info is the same as we learned from V-Jump. Zubamon looking good.

Random Digimon news. Some of this is days old, but I haven't seen this stuff posted here yet.

Picture of the Wargreymon Digivolving Spirits figure. There is going to be a livestream this weekend were they will discuss the general plans for the figures and package design for the first series.

For what it is, it's done as well as it could be. It certainly looks better than the the original (more expensive though). I'm curious to see the other Adventure Digimon, if they are planning on doing all of them.

There is going to be a tri stage play.

The US Blu-ray/DVD of tri part 2 is up for pre-order. It releases August 15th.

New HM shots. The info is the same as we learned from V-Jump. Zubamon looking good.

Gonna have to pass on that Digivolving figure, agumon looks really bad and I can almost guarantee wargreymon is gonna look worse than that. That price is point isn't great either.

I was wondering how they were going to do Tai's hair for the stage play, I guess that's as close as its gonna get. Looks pretty good.

Where's our Digimon Adventure blu-ray /riot

Not a fan of Zubamons design.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna have to pass on that Digivolving figure, agumon looks really bad and I can almost guarantee wargreymon is gonna look worse than that. That price is point isn't great either.

I was wondering how they were going to do Tai's hair for the stage play, I guess that's as close as its gonna get. Looks pretty good.

Where's our Digimon Adventure blu-ray /riot

Not a fan of Zubamons design.

Yeah, as I've mentioned before about my disslike with evolving figures, Agumon looks pretty bad. Wargreymon looks great though!

For the stahe play, I wonder how they'll do the Digimon? Holograms? I wonder how big these anime-based stage plays actually are. Limited runs yes, but how niche of an audience would it attract? It seems like every big series gets their own play.

I'm still waiting for Digimom to come to dvd/blu subbed :( I waited over 15 years, I cam keep on waiting....

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They actually had digivolving figures before waaaay back when Adventure was a thing, they were kinda crappy.

I remember the Garurumon - WereGarurumon one, it was weird.

garurumon_weregarurumon_digivolve_by_saekiisaac-d6ntxl3.jpg

More WarGreymon figure info.

Limited Edition

Looks like "MetalGararumon" is next, whoever that is.

They actually had digivolving figures before waaaay back when Adventure was a thing, they were kinda crappy.

I remember the Garurumon - WereGarurumon one, it was weird.

Honestly, they should have went for the simpler digivolutions like this. The Greymon -> MetalGreymon would be easier to do well. Simple Rookie -> complicated Mega were almost always the most awkward looking ones.

I do get why they are going for the warp evolution, but with good WarGreymon and Agumon figures out there, it's hard to pay that much for the worst of both worlds.

Huh, the Ladydevimon GEM is already on sale...

Here's a picture and more info.

Tusk

So, is that limited edition what the updated orange digivice's mystery item was all about? I'd assume so.

I was thinking I might skip Wargreymon and only get Tentomon and maybe Palmon, but this kinda sold me on getting that LE. It looks decent imo.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Some are worried that Ladydevimon will be cancelled globally, in the same sense that Angewomon was. I don't think so, because she's not *as* revealing with just side boob on the one side, and isn't accenting her whole body in a sexy pose. Maybe also her being an angel was put in account, and the connotations with that. Who knows :/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly, they should have went for the simpler digivolutions like this. The Greymon -> MetalGreymon would be easier to do well. Simple Rookie -> complicated Mega were almost always the most awkward looking ones.

I do get why they are going for the warp evolution, but with good WarGreymon and Agumon figures out there, it's hard to pay that much for the worst of both worlds.
Pretty much, what's the point of doing this tacky shit if there are separate good figures.

With that said the Garurumon -> WereGarurumon line is special to me because they never made a WereGarurumon figure at all.

Closer look at the Limited Edition. For some reason I didn't realize it was clear. It gives the Agumon a cool look.

Gabumon -> MetalGarurumon figure. The original figure is on the right.

Pretty much, what's the point of doing this tacky shit if there are separate good figures.

With that said the Garurumon -> WereGarurumon line is special to me because they never made a WereGarurumon figure at all.

At least we might be finally getting Mega figures for the rest of the cast. I don't think we'll get Hououmon, Vikemon, or HerakleKabuterimon otherwise. :(

Top Bottom