• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Salazar

2hf27o3.jpg

Mick Collins (and this here white boy) approves of this thread.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Pinko Marx said:
Just throwin a bone out there, but white people stole rock from blacks.

Yeah.
Who would disagree? Most uniquely American music is either black or black-influenced.

Himuro said:
Why would you do this.
YbQxC.gif

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
- Where you're from Detroit, Michigan
- Where you live Crown Point, Indiana
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Mississippi and Georgia
- Your Age 30
- Favorite musical genre Hip-Hop
- Your profession/major/career interest Social Work/Bachelor in business, concentration in marketing. MBA, concentration in healthcare management./Management or analyst
- Your religious affiliation Raised Baptist, think I'm a Deist now.
- Hobbies Gaming, Reading, Sports, Politics and family.

- Where you're from - Los Angeles
- Where you live - Ventura, CA (Central Coast)
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - South Carolina
- Do you know your roots? - African American Mutt
- Your Age - 41
- Favorite musical genre - Rock
- Your profession/major/career interest - Medical
- Your religious affiliation - Raised Baptist, currently Agnostic (no, I do not discuss it with my family!)
- Hobbies - Reading, Gaming, Gardening, Cooking

-Eddman-

I just want to say thanks to the black people for being so influential in the music genres I like the most, like blues, jazz and rock.

It's sad that we don't get that many blacks doing rock these days. They were the ones who made it "edgy" in the first place, with a very wide range of emotions. I particularly hate the "blacks play bass" stereotype, because they were the original guitar heros, making huge contributions to the basic scales.

I would like to ask black people: How do you feel towards your place in music nowadays? If you like rock, can you recommend me some contemporary good bands and artists with black members?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Anyways...

I'm headed to Atlanta later on next week (Home of the Freaknik :D ). On the way back, I'll be driving through South Carolina with some frat to islands out there. That... thats completely new to me. I think its called 'Geetchi' or something close? I'm not really all that familiar with it, but the accent isn't easily forgotten.

- Where you're from Durham, NC (by way of Anchorage, AK)
- Where you live DC (Moving soon, pop bottles)
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Honestly... I don't know. My dad was a bastard and I've got a crazy unique last name. I wish I knew more. I've got a blood disease thats common with people from Northern Africa/Mediterranean. Thats all I got :/
- Your Age 23
- Favorite musical genre Hip-Hop, but I'm finally getting out my shell and moving on to other genres. All I knew from 12 was rap and r&b. Need to stretch my legs.
- Your profession/major/career interest Army, Human Intel. Had fun playing ball for 3 years in college first though. I always wanted to join the military though
- Your religious affiliation Raised Baptist, now I'm agnostic.... sort of
- Hobbies sports, science, branching out. I've been moving around my whole life so now that I've got the chance to really choose my own direction I've just been taking in as much as I can
-Eddman- said:
I would like to ask black people: How do you feel towards your place in music nowadays? If you like rock, can you recommend me some contemporary good bands and artists with black members?
Yeah I'd like to know this too.

I just a Colbert Report interview the other day where the guest explains the social/economic groups within the black community in America : http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/360916/october-04-2010/eugene-robinson
Colbert: Hmm,4 groups in the Black community? The only ones I could think of was Earth, Wind & Fire.
- Where you're from Atlanta->Jacksonville
- Where you live Maryland, but in Hawaii at the moment
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Dad's side straight from southern Georgia, mom's side from New York & South Carolina, traces of American Indian & White (Light-skinned family, grandma actually got hassled for Japanese rather than black)
- Favorite musical genre Like Hip-Hop, but grew up exposed to various styles of Jazz and it sticked with me ever since.
- Your profession/major/career interest Computer Science, with some interest in minoring in Business. Been looking at making flash games in spare time
- Your religious affiliation Never raised religious, now I can I'm an Apatheist
- Hobbies Taekwondo
And Charles Barkley is free to jump into a pit of spikes. Though I restrain from getting up in the faces those who think me and roughly 30 million other black folks should aspire to be caricatures than have open & well-rounded personalities

- Where you're from: Staten Island, New York
- Where you live: currently same as above
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: Parents Ghanian, I'm American
- Your Age: 30
- Favorite musical genre: Will listen to anything except most forms of Country
- Your profession/major/career interest: Computer Operations, dabble in "Journalism"
- Your religious affiliation: Raised Jehovah Witness, now Agnostic.
- Hobbies: Gaming, Reading, Writing on my Blog, Sports, and card games

Salazar

-Eddman- said:
? If you like rock, can you recommend me some contemporary good bands and artists with black members?

Second post in this thread. Can't be beat.

You NEED this album.

ogtph.jpg

-Eddman- said:

Some of my favorite rock bands with black members:

King's X
Sevendust
Fishbone
24-7 Spyz
Depeche Mode (yes, one of them is half African American. Guess who?)

In the "know your history" section:
Love
Jimi Hendrix Experience and Band of Gypsys
Funkadelic
Eddie Hazel
Skunk Anansie
Nona Hendryx

Place in music: hard to say. If you stick with the major labels, you have this 'role' that you have to fulfill, hip-hop or soul. Get beyond that, and there is a lot more freedom to define your own sound.

Beezy

- Where you're from Bronx, NY
- Where you live Bronx, NY
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Both parents are Jamaican
- Do you know your roots? Muthafucka... pay attention!
- Your Age 22
- Favorite musical genre hip hop, reggae is a close 2nd
- Your profession/major/career interest Accounting
- Your religious affiliation raised baptist/protestant, I don't really know or care. I was always forced to go and I fell asleep in church everytime.
- Hobbies gaming, learning guitar (off and on), watching basketball and football, learning about new tech

-Eddman- said:
If you like rock, can you recommend me some contemporary good bands and artists with black members?

Street Sweeper Social Club
Bad Brains
BlakRoc

Me

Chicago, IL
Seattle, WA
Irish/Native American
Old Punk, Electronica, Hip Hop
Art
Catholic
Art, Music, Skating...

My Girl

Las Vegas, NV
Seattle, WA
Mississippi area - Her family tree springs from slavery
Electronica, Hip Hop
Nutritionist
Non-religious
Music, Cooking

Toski

-Where you're from: Born in London, Raised in San Diego
- Where you live:Hawaii
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy:African American, Carribean Black(Jamaica), Asian Indian with a dilution of German, Cherokee, and White
- Do you know your roots?: Not as well as I should
- Your Age:24
- Favorite musical genre: Metal (specifically Melodic Death & Industrial)
- Your profession/major/career interest: Psychology I guess
- Your religious affiliation: Deist
- Hobbies: Video games, trying to play bass, keeping my eczema under control, doing nothing.

- Where you're from Detroit, Michigan
- Where you live Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy African American
- Do you know your roots? No
- Your Age 23
- Favorite musical genre Hip hop
- Your profession/major/career interest Accounting
- Your religious affiliation None
- Hobbies
Computers, gaming, reading, sports, politics

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Do I know my roots? Jamaican, Scottish and some Jewish. My dad's been working on a more extensive take on our genealogy for a couple of years, but my family is freakin' huge.

Profession: Making video games.

Favorite musical genre: I love too many types to say. Love my classical, but if I was on a desert island I'd take my Soundgarden and Public Enemy catalogs with me, along with the Deus Ex 2 soundtrack and call it a day.

DY_nasty

RustyNails said:
What does black GAF think of tyler perry movies? I went to watch the movie The Town when the trailer for For Colored Girls showed. It looked good. Its gonna have an ensemble cast (whoopi and Janet jackson? yes plz). And the song that plays during the trailer is a remixed version of Nina Simone's Four Women.
I want to like them. Its just a pain because once you've seen one it feels like you've seen them all. I can only watch one strong black intelligent beautiful independent black woman get held down by a selfish, unloving man so many times before it gets old. He's got a formula and it works. Can't get mad at that really though...

DY_nasty said:
Anyways...

I'm headed to Atlanta later on next week (Home of the Freaknik :D ). On the way back, I'll be driving through South Carolina with some frat to islands out there. That... thats completely new to me. I think its called 'Geetchi' or something close? I'm not really all that familiar with it, but the accent isn't easily forgotten.

- Where you're from Durham, NC (by way of Anchorage, AK)
- Where you live DC (Moving soon, pop bottles)
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Honestly... I don't know. My dad was a bastard and I've got a crazy unique last name. I wish I knew more. I've got a blood disease thats common with people from Northern Africa/Mediterranean. Thats all I got :/
- Your Age 23
- Favorite musical genre Hip-Hop, but I'm finally getting out my shell and moving on to other genres. All I knew from 12 was rap and r&b. Need to stretch my legs.
- Your profession/major/career interest Army, Human Intel. Had fun playing ball for 3 years in college first though. I always wanted to join the military though
- Your religious affiliation Raised Baptist, now I'm agnostic.... sort of
- Hobbies sports, science, branching out. I've been moving around my whole life so now that I've got the chance to really choose my own direction I've just been taking in as much as I can
Yeah I'd like to know this too.

Sevendust and Steel Pulse are my favs.

- Where you're from San Diego, CA (Born in NY, NY)
- Where you live Los Angeles
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Black and a quarter Sioux.
- Your Age 30
- Favorite musical genre Everything except Country, Opera and Reggae.
- Your profession/major/career interest Games--Production and Marketing
- Your religious affiliation Sikh/Science of the Soul
- Hobbies Games, basketball, writing, dining out, movies, theme parks, and generally hanging out out with my gorgeous wife.

ReiGun

- Where you're from: Baltimore, MD
- Where you live: Baltimore still
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: Family comes from Baltimore and North Carolina. Because of my darker skin, people assume I'm African. But all the recent generations of my family were born here.
- Do you know your roots?: No, but I am curious.
- Your Age: 21
- Favorite musical genre: R&B, Rock, and a little Rap. But I've been known to listen to just about anything.
- Your profession/major/career interest: Major in Simulation and Digital Entertainment. Basically, a really fancy way of saying video game design
- Your religious affiliation: Christian (Pentacostal)
- Hobbies: Gaming, Drawing, Writing, Reading, Trying to be funny :p

To answer your question, I've spent most of my life feeling like an outsider from other blacks because I didnt fit the mold of what other people thought "black" meant. Hell, just two weeks ago, someone told me I wasn't black enough. It's upsetting. The quote sort of recalls all those times I had to deal with feeling different for not listening to rap as a kid, or talking a certain way. I grew up with a lot of self-esteem issues, and I'm sure this was part of it. And the whole acting white thing is bullshit. I hate how there is some standard for how black people (or any ethic group really) is supposed to act.

rexor0717

Wow, after the madness that occurred today, I feel that I didn't post enough in that last thread.

- Where you're from: California
- Where you live: Santa Cruz
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: No idea.
- Do you know your roots?: Nope.
- Your Age: 19
- Favorite musical genre: Metal and Hip Hop
- Your profession/major/career interest: Computer Science
- Your religious affiliation: Atheist.
- Hobbies: Martial Arts, and Gaming.

Yeah, I probably won't post much here either, but its just crazy what happened today.

- Where you're from I was born in San Fran,CA but I grew up in South Carolina.
- Where you live San Diego
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy I have no idea, sad to say. Apparently one of my family members has our official family tree, but my family is small and we're scattered across the country.
- Do you know your roots? Nope. I just know I have dark brown skin and curly hair, so I figure at some point my ancestors came from Africa.
- Your Age 29 years young.
- Favorite musical genre NeoSoul or whatever you want to call it. Basically the R&B that you never hear on the radio.
- Your profession/major/career interest I'm a Game Designer/Programmer
- Your religious affiliation Christian / Spiritual person. I'm still in the self-discovery phase right now.
- Hobbies Don't really have any lately. Too busy working. :( I guess posting on forums is my hobby for now.

- Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? As I got older, not really. But when I was younger I did have problems with relating to certain black people because I spoke in standard English and I didn't really dress "hip". They were the ones always accusing me of "acting white". I had hard time relating to black people in South Carolina. But when I came out to California, I was in a community with a lot more middle class black people so I rarely (pretty much never) got accused of "acting/talking white" out here.

I definitely think it's a socio-economic thing. If you're in a middle class diverse community it's not really a big deal to be a black nerd/dork. At least no more so than being a white nerd/dork.

Occasionally since I've been out on California, I've gotten a few times,"You didn't sound black on the phone." But almost always these people came out of state from places where they were very few black people or from places that did not have a black middle class.

- Where you're from London, England
- Where you live London England
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Nigeria and Sierra Leone
- Do you know your roots? Yeap! I don't know how to say so though
- Your Age 25
- Favorite musical genre Hip-Hop, read: not Rap
- Your profession/major/career interest IT Professional/Computer Networking BSc & Infomormation Security MSc
- Your religious affiliation Practising Buddhist
- Hobbies Computers/tech, video, games, (Older Asian ones mainly)movies, gym, reading [/B]

Since we're on a gaming forum, it could be conclusive that you're more on the geeky side so let's start with a more general question:

- Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?

Nowadays especially in the UK it's fine, but it used to be bad though. Nowadays most of the thuggish guys I know all are gamers and are loving games you'd never think they'd enjoy. Most of my friends are black and they LOVE Naruto, watch anime and just are mild geeks. As for me I'm a few strains stronger than your normal geek, so sometimes I get the "man you're such a geek" from a few girls who don't understand, but other than that we're fine. Luckily my closest circle of friends are pure thoroughbred geeks, so it's a lot more normal for us nowadays

The Frankman said:
- Where you're from: Staten Island, New York
- Where you live: currently same as above
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: Parents Ghanian, I'm American
- Favorite musical genre: Will listen to anything except most forms of Country
- Your profession/major/career interest: Computer Operations, dabble in "Journalism"
- Your religious affiliation: Raised Jehovah Witness, now Agnostic.
- Hobbies: Gaming, Reading, Writing on my Blog, Sports, and card games
Shaolin Represent!!

- Where you're from: Staten Island
- Where you live: Same
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: French West Indies, Creole, Native American (Cherokee & Mohawk)
- Do you know your roots?: Not fully, no.
- Favorite musical genre: Soul and Jazz
- Your profession/major/career interest: Musician
- Your religious affiliation: Raised Roman Catholic.
- Hobbies: Gaming, writing TV. Music is too much of a part of my life to say it's a hobby.

Pinko Marx said:
They're the same thing!

Wellllllll

Rap is an element of Hi....ahh fuck it, yeah you're right!

What in the hell actually happened to the other Black thread? I was going to create the whole Black British post for there, but it looks gone?

Mecha_Infantry said:
Wellllllll

Rap is an element of Hi....ahh fuck it, yeah you're right!

What in the hell actually happened to the other Black thread? I was going to create the whole Black British post for there, but it looks gone?

As far as music genres, they're the same thing. If you wanna get all technamalogical, Hip-Hop is the culture, rap one of the 4 elements, etc. w/e.

TO clarify, I just hate it when people say YEAH I LIKE HIP-HOP, BUT NOT RAP. Like some would say Kanye is hip-hop and 50 cent is rap. Its the same shit, just two different sub-genres under the Hip-Hop umbrella.

DY_nasty

Boombloxer said:
I missed what happened to the last thread, I know they got merged, but exactly what happened?
Paul Mooney was right.

Pinko Marx said:
As far as music genres, they're the same thing. If you wanna get all technamalogical, Hip-Hop is the culture, rap one of the 4 elements, etc. w/e.

TO clarify, I just hate it when people say YEAH I LIKE HIP-HOP, BUT NOT RAP. Like some would say Kanye is hip-hop and 50 cent is rap. Its the same shit, just two different sub-genres under the Hip-Hop umbrella.
yeah it's a bit like how people throw around the "emo" term.

Pinko Marx said:

I think people more closely define "hip-hop" to more old school boom bap rap...I know what you mean, though

Himuro said:
- Where you're from
- Where you live-British Columbia, Canada.
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-Northern Nigerian. Fulani mixed with something else.
- Do you know your roots?-I can trace our family as far back as what is now known as senegal, and also we may have some arab further back.
- Your Age-19
- Favorite musical genre-I don't really have a favorite to be honest, but I mostly listen to orchestral soundtracks as of late.
- Your profession/major/career interest-English/political science, hopefully will get a masters when I'm done and a bachelor's degree in sociology
- Your religious affiliation-Was raised as a catholic. But my maternal grandfather is only sort of a loose believer as he has multiple wives.
- Hobbies-Posting on GAF, Watching TV, listening to audiobooks, working out and more recently taking long ass walks

Since we're on a gaming forum, it could be conclusive that you're more on the geeky side so let's start with a more general question:

- Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?
With all due respect mr. Barkley: Suck it.
I love videogames, I love anime, and more recently comic books and factual novels. It is possible to be educated and still be much in touch with black culture. I watch some television shows with black characters, huge fan of bill cosby and will smith. I listen to black hip hop artists, read literature by black people and because I was born in Africa I keep in touch with my relatives and keep up with what is going on there. Just because I enunciate my words and avoid tyler perry doesn't make me less black. If anything, it makes me more black because I avoid doing things that would classify me as a negative stereotype.

Thank you for starting this up Himuro. When I entered the old thread it always felt so familiar, like I was in a place filled with people that are like family. One of the things about living in my small city is the lack of black people. I rarely get to interact with them and pretty much all my friends are white. I can never sit down with someone and ask them how they feel being a minority.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
we don't die, we multiply. :D
thank you Himuro, you black sum bitch.

- Where you're from NJ
- Where you live NC
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy Well every black person says they have indian in their family... mine actually does lol
- Do you know your roots? My dads side is from the north, my mom's side is from the south. As far as Africa goes, i have no fucking clue. And honestly don't care.
- Your Age 23
- Favorite musical genre hip hop, rap, funk, techno, reggae, and uk grime (sorry i couldnt list just one)
- Your profession/major/career interest graphics design, going to school for it. but right now i work in "mail distribution"
- Your religious affiliation no religion, the shit just doesnt make sense to me. if my god had a name.. his name would be survival of the fittest
- Hobbies mary jane (love the ganja), fishing (recently picked up), video games, making art

Kinda OT, but I'm thinking about changing my gaf nick, how do i go about doing that?

DominoKid

- Where you're from NC (born in VA)
- Where you live: NC
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: black w/ a splash of indian from my dad
- Do you know your roots?: No
- Your Age: 19
- Favorite musical genre: Rap & Electro
- Your profession/major/career interest: Public Relations
- Your religious affiliation: apathy
- Hobbies: Soccer, basketball, video games, music, shoes

- Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing? - No, because I keep my nerdery well hidden. people are often taken aback once they realize how much of a nerd I am

Tokubetsu

- Where you're from
Jamaica. Born and raised in Ocho Rios/Kingston/St. Mary. Went to school at St. Georges in Kingston before...

- Where you live
Before relocating with my mother to South Florida when I was 14. 305 but these days I'm hiding in the keys :lol

- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy
A bit all over the place. Grandad was from Panama, my Great grandad was from Cuba. Some German in there too. Grand aunt had red hair and freckles. Some East Indian on my dad's side.

- Do you know your roots?
???
- Your Age
- Favorite musical genre
Hard to peg but the last few years? Dark electronic and hip-hop. In high school all I listened to was metal and hardcore.

- Your profession/major/career interest
I'm a jack of all trades. Was in art school for awhile but had to drop out twice...both for financial reasons :lol Film & Dramatic Writing. Went original for photography (been doing this since high school) and sequential art.

- Your religious affiliation
\\.|
- Hobbies
Video games, photography, hitting trees, hardware, reading fiction & fantasy literature

Wasn't a problem till I moved to the US and went to a predominantly white high school. Doesn't bother me these days as I kinda just do whatever I want and if people think I'm leaning too much in one direction then that's their shit.

Swag

- Where you're from
South Africa
- Where you live
Radnor, PA ( Near Philly, Super Suburban )
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy
Uh South African?
- Do you know your roots?
err South African Again I suppose
- Your Age
- Favorite musical genre
Hip Hop
- Your profession/major/career interest
Student, Information Systems
- Your religious affiliation
Agnostic
- Hobbies
Gaming, Anime, Movies, Blowing my Vuvuzela in the dorm hallways.

One question that I want answered is how do blacks in america feel about Africa? how many here have actually visited the place? I've been too low on funds to visit, but I have been keeping up somewhat by perusing newspapers and talking to relatives in Nigeria. For the blacks living in the US that have managed to trace their roots, have you ever thought of visiting the area your ancestors might have come from?

Or better yet, who has actually decided to go on vacation there?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
DY_nasty said:
black nc gaf is deep
This I did not know. I'm in Greensboro.

lightless_shado said:
One question that I want answered is how do blacks in america feel about Africa? how many here have actually visited the place? I've been too low on funds to visit, but I have been keeping up somewhat by perusing newspapers and talking to relatives in Nigeria. For the blacks living in the US that have managed to trace their roots, have you ever thought of visiting the area your ancestors might have come from?

Hopefully I don't get looked down upon. But Africa is probably the last on my list to check out. I want to visit Europe, South America or even Canada first.

Though, because I want to see the world I would like to go one day. Will it ever happen, who knows.

Swag

lightless_shado said:

I dunno if I fit your criteria, seeing as how I was born in Africa but lived in the US for most of my life. But I go there all the time for vacation and stuff, excellent place to go, although not sure how people go and resonate with the culture instantly. Always interested me, African Americans that go back to Africa to discover their roots then come back disappointed / unchanged.

More interesting is the difference in behavior between Africans that immigrate to the US and African Americans, in my area it's so polar opposite that you could probably pick them apart in a group :lol

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post in such a thread. I'm not completely black, nor do I partake in black "culture". I'm mixed and while I think a lot of people when they know you aren't exactly white deem you un-white, I've had the ability to blend in. I'm brown and I have dirty blond hair, so some people just think I have a tan. One lady ounce said that "you have a nice tan" to me at the store at Christmas time in Chicago. My hair can be sometimes straight and would often ask me if I dye it. I eventually dyed it blond only to confuse people.

Which brings me to a point. Before high school, I never much thought about what I was or what I identified with. In high school though you know it become at least something people would mention to me. You know they would say " you don't act black" or "you sure act white". It would piss me off. What does act black mean? I was ounce actually told because I talk proper? Huh? Needless to say I kind of shyed away from what I think people unfortunately "perceive black culture as. Now I sure don't know how to define it, but this sad view is pretty much all the stereotypes you see on MTV to BET. I think its stupid and unfair, but I really think this "baby mama, un-educated gangsta wanabe" shit is a view of actual black culture. It's dumb, but not only do I think others buy into this, but black teens themselves. I don't know how older generations see things and I am probably oversimplifying things, sorry I don't want to offend. So, I really can't tell you what black culture is, but it dosen't seem completely positive.

Really at the end, I just identified my self as Jordan(my self). I was that and I tried not to define myself as a race. So I don't know if I should really post in this thread,but I am because a part of me is in fact black and there's nothing wrong with that. My "culture" wasn't really defined by race. I got into things my mom and sister likes, you know what was around me. And they didn't just exclusivity stay with one thing.

- Where you're from-Chicago.
- Where you live-South Burbs of Chicago
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-Can't say for sure, but at least on my granddad's side they are African American. After that you need to mix in Irish, German, Euro something else, Portuguese, and I'm sure something else. People honestly think I'm Mexican and I can almost blend in with a lot of things.
Do you know your roots?-Can't say I do, though I don't know if it would effect me.
- Your Age-20
- Favorite musical genre-Alternative, rap, pop. I try to be somewhat varied.
- Your profession/major/career interest-Don't know. I'm a bum right now lol. Even though I'm a terrible poster, I would actually like to write about things. Growing up is a favorite theme of mine, but I'd also like to write about race issues. I think I have an interesting perspective on it.
- Your religious affiliation-Who knows lol. I've gone to catholic school most of my life, but I'm not practicing. I believe in good and I think I should use him as a reminder of how to live my life. I'm not super religious and don't honestly believe everything. I don't hate religion and also think some good can come out of it.
- Hobbies-I love geeky things. Movies, anime, comic books, games. That's my scene and I try to immerse myself into them.

Top Bottom