• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

Talking about slow clients, I'm trying out HotS due to the event and the 20 free heroes deal.

Why are load times for HotS so ridiculously slow? I could've loaded into a League game 2 or 3 times by the time my loading bar gets finished in HotS. Both are on the same SSD, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't played enough to judge the game yet though, just a couple of games.
Haven't had any issues on HotS.

Leezard

Haven't had any issues on HotS.

It doesn't seem to be any specific issue, I played with a couple of friends that play both League and HotS and they said the load times were normal for HotS, nothing special but it's just how it is.

It's just strange that the load times are so slow. We're talking around 10 seconds for League, but HotS gets around 30 seconds or even more. This is for my own load bar to finish, I don't know if HotS does something like artificially make it seem like everyone finishes loading at almost the same time.

It doesn't seem to be any specific issue, I played with a couple of friends that play both League and HotS and they said the load times were normal for HotS, nothing special but it's just how it is.

It's just strange that the load times are so slow. We're talking around 10 seconds for League, but HotS gets around 30 seconds or even more. This is for my own load bar to finish, I don't know if HotS does something like artificially make it seem like everyone finishes loading at almost the same time.

If you're trying right now, it seems that the Queue is broken in NA. All the influx of new players for the loot boxes, I bet

>_>

<_<

Leezard

If you're trying right now, it seems that the Queue is broken in NA. All the influx of new players for the loot boxes, I bet

>_>

<_<
Nah, not right now. I tried yesterday evening; I'm in Europe.

I didn't think the queue was slow, just the actual loading screen into the game.

Calvero

Banned
I tried installing league onto my girlfriends computer and it would never get past "applying patches". She has a brand new mac too so im not sure what the deal is.

you might have to use the repair function. i swear the MAC installer is the worst thing in the world, breaks half the time or corrupts randomly.

faridmon

Lost 2 games playing as Rakan Last night. The thing I found out is that he is really useless at peeling unless you burn your Ult. His W, knock up is super short and has a very long cooldown (even with 30% CR) and his shield is not that impressive compared to Lulu's or even Threshs.

Also, he is really bad when no one follows up wwhen you ult a team so heavy coordination is needed when you play with your adc

I will play him more, but he is really comp dependent and less flexible than say Lulu, Morgana, Thresh, etc...

It has integrated graphics

Probably not

My laptop have integrated graphics and I run this game at 60 fps with no problems

This feels like an opinion more than a fact based on how long it takes you to load.

My laptop is 7 year old this summer too.

I think you guys really underestimate how versatile LoL is especially when it comes to low end PC/Laptops. Obviously I can't run it at 120 fps with shadows and particles up to max, but 60 FPS with no shadows and mid performance is good enough and I can imagine lower end PC can get that performance.

I can't comment on Macs/M acbook since I never used one.

jerd

Talking about slow clients, I'm trying out HotS due to the event and the 20 free heroes deal.

Why are load times for HotS so ridiculously slow? I could've loaded into a League game 2 or 3 times by the time my loading bar gets finished in HotS. Both are on the same SSD, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't played enough to judge the game yet though, just a couple of games.

I've had the same issue. It's not a problem but it definitely takes much much longer to load into the game. My quick match queue times have also been awful but I assume that's because it's the scrub queue

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry

For what it's worth I logged in HotS for the free stuff and didn't notice any loadtimes significantly longer than the usual LoL matchups. Weirdly enough, I have this one installed on an external HDD vs League on a SSD.

Also according to my match history it's been 2 years since I last played HotS and I'm only seeing one new character with husbando potential. Very disappointing.

For what it's worth I logged in HotS for the free stuff and didn't notice any loadtimes significantly longer than the usual LoL matchups. Weirdly enough, I have this one installed on an external HDD vs League on a SSD.

Also according to my match history it's been 2 years since I last played HotS and I'm only seeing one new character with husbando potential. Very disappointing.

Is it probius?

faridmon

Is it generally agreed that Rakan is hot trash?

Because it certainly feels like he is

I have commented on him.

He is a limited champ,me reckons. He needs a good coordination with teammates for him to be useful. He is certainly weak when from behind so I can't see him in pro games.

he really need a stats buff. I mean he isn't a tank, neither can he splash out dmg, and his utility is almost close to being worthless.

Type2

Anything close to melee is hot trash because of how the laning phase works in the meta. He is still fun to play but his low q range means you're not really doing anything in lane.

Take windspeakers and max e and just survive. You do no damage and pretty much lose every 2v2 unless the enemy is down key abilities. If jungler visits much like Ali it's pretty easy to set up kills.

I don't think that's the opinion of most people. Unless you mean in the context of the current meta. I would still disagree, but he's much harder to play in a meta with poke supports.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Tbh I feel the opposite, he's not gonna be stomping in lane unless your opponent are trash but he's really good on either side of a gank and he can totally carry team fights with his ult. He's fun to have on either team imo, his mobility feels a lot more fair since he doesn't have a ton of damage unlike other super mobile champs

Leezard

He's weak in lane, but he is fantastic in team fights. It's not easy to say that he's super bad just yet.

He has what is probably the best targetable shield in the game.

JulianImp

fun laning champs
like Janna
Does not compute... /s?

My favorite laning supports are probably Nami and Thresh, since they have lots of ways to interact with both teammates and enemies. I'll keep going Nami otp though, since Thresh is cool but kind of relies on teammates understanding the plays you attempt to set up, as well as clicking the damn lantern. That and his ult feels underwhelming as hell compared to a large aoe knockup+slow that can force flashes or lead to nearly guaranteed cc.

Also, does Gragas support actually make sense? At least on paper, stoneborn is easy to set-up with his Q, and he also has a lot of utility to help engage or disengage as needed.

Man, Aatrox is kinda weird right now. I was getting beaten up in lane by a Fiora, but when I had some levels and an item and a half I just beat everything. I don't know whether he just really spikes hard at a certain level or something, but I was struggling to survive in lane... then just 1v2 doubled killed their Fiora and LeBlanc with ease in top lane. IDK what the fuck was happening.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man I really like this new client. It's great how it was forced on to everyone while it was completely half baked.

I mean, it's not like the old client had better performance and was more functional or anything.
eh, you'll have to transition to something new if you want to make something that's not poop and that will inevitably cause difficulties. at some point it's not reasonable to support the old client anymore, and it's better to move those people to work on the new client

besides, the old client sucks too. only reason that ppl complaining about the old client used to make me mad is cos they were always blaming adobe air instead of riot when adobe air was kind of awesome

They deactivated it and its coming back in 7.9
ahh that kinda sucks

it's something you don't really appreciate until you lose it

Talents

Banned
I think I need to stick with fun laning champs, like Janna or something

c76.jpg

Also, does Gragas support actually make sense? At least on paper, stoneborn is easy to set-up with his Q, and he also has a lot of utility to help engage or disengage as needed.
Gragas support makes sense, and he's been played in some competitive games too. I don't have strong feelings on it right now other than I don't think stoneborn is a better choice than colossus. Your body slam is likely to put you in the middle of a couple people and give you a larger shield. I just don't think stoneborn pact is quite strong enough yet to take on most melee supports.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think d5 might be the most toxic elo in the game, p3 was pretty bad but this might be worse

like the number of people recently that have ragequit or deliberately sabotaged games has been super high this week

i also think i've seen more teemos this week than in my entire stretch from g4->p2

Talents

Banned
i think d5 might be the most toxic elo in the game, p3 was pretty bad but this might be worse

like the number of people recently that have ragequit or deliberately sabotaged games has been super high this week

i also think i've seen more teemos this week than in my entire stretch from g4->p2

That's because D5 is the most toxic. There are 4 types of people in D5. People who legitimately bought their accounts and are just losing games continuously because they're bad. Smurfs who are just passing by on their way back up to master/challenger. Players who got D5 legitimately but are just fucking around now because they don't think they can get to Masters so they just troll/try champs or roles they've never played before. And finally the actual legit players who struggle to climb because of the other 3 types of players. It gets easier once you get out of D5 though.

JulianImp

If you guys want to play fun supports you need to get on that Bard train.

I don't think I can bear the responsibility of not being awful at landing its ults for now. Might pick it up once I get better at the game in general though, because I really like Bard's passive and how it encourages you to do some roaming.

I don't think I can bear the responsibility of not being awful at landing its ults for now. Might pick it up once I get better at the game in general though, because I really like Bard's passive and how it encourages you to do some roaming.

The secret is to always call missed ults 'Zoning ults'.

drawkcaB

Honestly, I've never gotten that much more shit missing (or worse...) Bard ultimates than the utls of other champions.

This one time I remember a Talon being miffed because I timed the ult too fast and ult'ed him along with 3 enemies just when he dived in. Told him shit happens, and not to worry because at some point I'll get a good ult off. Had the jungler and ADC defend me because earlier on I used the ult for a super easy double kill tower dive. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later we're fighting near dragon and I managed to land a great ult to let give him an easy path to their two carries and he deleted them in heart beat. Talon said he was sorry and gave me props.

If you're really scared of using the ultimate, there's no harm in holding onto it as a way to finish off fleeing enemies after a won team fight. When my team is ahead and the ult isn't necessary to engage that's usually what I do and it works out super well.

All the fun stuff you get to pull off with that ult makes the odd fuck up totally worth it. Enabling tower dives, dragon and baron steals, engages, etc. So good.

Did they buff him? Haven't seen a team with a Brad win in ages.

Yes. They redid the bonuses he gets when collecting chimes. It helped his early game a bit, but his mid and late game are way, way better.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's because D5 is the most toxic. There are 4 types of people in D5. People who legitimately bought their accounts and are just losing games continuously because they're bad. Smurfs who are just passing by on their way back up to master/challenger. Players who got D5 legitimately but are just fucking around now because they don't think they can get to Masters so they just troll/try champs or roles they've never played before. And finally the actual legit players who struggle to climb because of the other 3 types of players. It gets easier once you get out of D5 though.
it's a bad streak tho

i went from winning 7 games in a row to losing 6 so yea, got all the good ones and all the bad ones in hot streaks

Graves was nothing without his cigar. Glad its back.

Breezy knows what's up.

Good character design other than the stupid goatee. Facial hair sucks.

You know which design I unironically love? Female Diablo. The way she skitters across the floor is so goddamn sexy. Ugh. So good. Never gonna take it off.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Dehaka doesn't have facial hair though? LIke just a mandible right?

9anO1sJ.jpg

He has hair growing from his jaw which is a negative on the Dobe scoring system. The fluff on the back of his head structure is acceptable tho.

Khazix also has some tufts behind the neck plates and such and that's fine as well, those are fun to scratch as anyone with a doge can attest to. Just not beards and such. Ew.

You know which design I unironically love? Female Diablo. The way she skitters across the floor is so goddamn sexy. Ugh. So good. Never gonna take it off.

The base Diablo skin has the same problem Skarner or Galio have: faces being a mixture of ugly and dumb looking, but this seems endemic to the Blizzard artstyle. His other skins are good though. And I can dig the shouldermouths on femablo.

Top Bottom