• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Darksiders 2 Screenshots

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have yet to kill that damn monster on the bridge that starts out throwing cars at me. Got stuck there a few months ago, and haven't played it since.

Damn, even my current-gen backlog is getting big - not to mention I keep buying games from GOG.com that I mean to play and finish. And Steam sales doesn't exactly help either.

PokéKong

At last! A player character composed of colors which matches the scheme of the game's environments precisely.
That whole eye-popping contrast thing in the first Darksiders was such an embarrassing oversight, I commend them for correcting it.

StarEye said:
I have yet to kill that damn monster on the bridge that starts out throwing cars at me. Got stuck there a few months ago, and haven't played it since.

Damn, even my current-gen backlog is getting big - not to mention I keep buying games from GOG.com that I mean to play and finish. And Steam sales doesn't exactly help either.

Use chaos mode?

Or just run up to it and smack it/dodge when you need to.

Feindflug

Game looks amazing - art direction is awesome, the only bad thing is that this is not scheduled for a 2011 release. :(

Arucardo

Opus Angelorum said:
The next Nintendo console could do this image quality without a sweat.
Heh, no. You'd need hardware capable of running this at 1080p with 16x AF and at least 4x AA if not more, even 30fps would be a stretch. Nintendo isn't going to make that if they're keeping their current philosophy of making a profit off of hardware sales. Also, isn't it said to have comparable performance to a ps3?

Maybe you were talking about the console after project cafe ;) .

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Salazar said:
The Space Marine game is using a tweaked version of the Darksiders I engine, right ?

Any idea what this is running with ?

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't being run under the same engine as the original. The style and the technical aspects just look too similar for it to be anything else.

Tokubetsu

ZealousD said:
I'd be very surprised if it wasn't being run under the same engine as the original. The style and the technical aspects just look too similar for it to be anything else.

Yeah, even if they are bullshots, it doesn't seem too far. Just better IQ and AA.

Monocle

Looks fantastic. It's nice to know Vigil didn't exhaust all its cool ideas with the original Darksiders. I think Death is a more appealing character than War, and I'm hoping I feel the same way after I've seen some combat footage. If Darksiders 2 rivals or improves on the original, I'm certainly going to pick it up.

Incidentally, I'd really like to have an unlockable character or two this time.

jett

D-Member
Looks awesome, way better than the first. Plz let there be a PC version again, 60fps really helped the visuals of DS1.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
jett said:
Looks awesome, way better than the first. Plz let there be a PC version again, 60fps really helped the visuals of DS1.
Since text seems ineffective, I'll switch to images. :p

darksiders2gg58.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like the environments but the main characters is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Not really liking the character design of Death, specifically the mask. He looks too much like a clunkier version of raziel from Soul Reaver.

Overall artstyle is still great though.

hiryu

Wow looks really amazing. I'm getting a definite Raziel vibe from Death and the art looks on par with Blizzards stuff. I'm guessing these are PC screens but it's a big step up from the first game.

Airan

The last screenshot gives me hope that Death will get a badass robe by the end of the game, because Death isn't complete without a robe/cloak to make him look all mysterious and deadly like.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This game looks like what my imagination looked like when I was a kid. Like, identically so..

And I love it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Nirolak said:

Yeah those are awesome. Here are old designs for Death, Strife & Fury
ds_horsemen1.jpg

ds_horsemen2.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There's so,something about the way these games look that I just find very unappealing. It's not personal, it's probably just a taste thing, but yeah, it's weird. I don't have the vocabulary to actually be able to communicate what it is about them I don't like.

MrMister said:
I gotta admit, seeing these screenies for Darksiders 2 really makes me want to get into the series.

What are you waiting for? Darksiders is pretty cheap now, and its the only game really to try the zelda formula in a long time and its pretty damn good in my eyes coming from a huge zelda nut :)

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Concept art of Death looks better then his final design, IMO. Though the whole art style isn't really my thing anyway. Played it for the GoW/Zelda cocktail it offered.

Had a good time with Darksiders, though the last chapters got a little boring in length/puzzle types. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the changes they're planning to keep the franchise fresh.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I just hope they don't explain the puzzles through the panning camera when you enter a room any more. The puzzles weren't even that difficult. :\

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
DieH@rd said:
Yeah those are awesome. Here are old designs for Death, Strife & Fury
Buh? Did the four horsemen officially get changed and I missed it, or is that just something the Darksiders team is doing?

GuessWho

thinking of getting the first one. Never got around to playing it. Is it straight forward? Cuz seriously I don't really want to look around for shit and getting lost not knowing what to do, I just want a streamlined experience. I don't want any constant fetch quests.

Top Bottom