• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Wii U/PS4/XBO/PC) info and screenshots

Vitacat

Enough with all these shitty remasters!!!
You can complain all you want on forums if it makes you feel happy, but some people want quality remasters of games they like, and as long as that's true they will continue to be made. Your only real option is to simply not buy them if you don't want them.

Hellraider

Has THQ (this feels weird saying lol) clarified what they'll be doing with the PC version? Do previous owners get the new version for free?

TheMoon

Has THQ (this feels weird saying lol) clarified what they'll be doing with the PC version? Do previous owners get the new version for free?

Say Nordic then, since it's still Nordic. THQ Nordic. Don't call them THQ since that's not what they are.

Tizoc

do they ship to Italy?

Yes
We also deliver to many other Non-UK destinations.
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, USA, Vatican City
Deliveries to Non-UK destinations have an additional delivery charge dependant on the item's size and weight. The Non-UK Shipping Charge is displayed at the bottom of the product details page and is shown on the order page when you checkout.

sphinx

the piano man
this is the second time I take my time to read the info concerning the release of the game and I am still not sure what this is (I've never played any DS game so that probably contributes to the confusion)

here my questions

.- is this one game or two? this isn't DS1 and DS2 all included in one huge game right?

.- is this a Remake? (from the ground up new assets, new quests, can't use a guide for the older games cause everything was been shifted, moved, re-imagined, etc)

or

.- is this an Up-Port/Remaster? (Basically an older game that looks a bit better and has better performance, but a regular port otherwise)

thanks for any help.

Tizoc

Darksiders 1 and 2 are my guilty pleasure.
Darksiders 1 was a great Zelda game with fun combat.

But what kind of game are the LoZ series? :p

I don't see why you'd think the 2 games are guilty pleasures. Granted DS2 has its flaws but can still be enjoyed, but both are good games in their own rights.

TheMoon

.- is this a Remake? (from the ground up new assets, new quests, can't use a guide for the older games cause everything was been shifted, moved, re-imagined, etc)

you didn't really think they'd sell a full-on remake of a AAA last-gen game for 20 bucks, right? And brute-force it onto a Wii U? :D

Slixshot

Banned
That's cool with me. Plenty of other games to play. I'm just happy that they're porting this. DS1 and DS2 are both phenomenal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully PC owners get bumped to the Warmastered version for free again, or at least give us a nice discount.

I asked Nordic the other week if it's decided on a loyalty program and was told no, but I can't see it charging for this after it gave the far larger Darksiders 2 remaster to existing owners of the base game + DLC free-of-charge.

I'll be surprised if Nordic remembers that retail copies sold in the Czech Republic, Japan are Russia are tied to a separate app, though.

Coolade

I asked Nordic the other week if it's decided on a loyalty program and was told no, but I can't see it charging for this after it gave the far larger Darksiders 2 remaster to existing owners of the base game + DLC free-of-charge.

I'll be surprised if Nordic remembers that retail copies sold in the Czech Republic, Japan are Russia are tied to a separate app, though.

Where did you ask them? I'm trying to figure out any information regarding 21:9 support for the remaster. It's so hard to get pre release info.

Arkanius

But what kind of game are the LoZ series? :p

I don't see why you'd think the 2 games are guilty pleasures. Granted DS2 has its flaws but can still be enjoyed, but both are good games in their own rights.

Darksiders 1 started as some B-tier game from the early 00's

I'm still interested, still waiting to see impressions on the port first.

DS 2 still has problems including regular crashes and there's apparently no intention for a patch to address these.
That port was really disappointing since I really liked the actual game.

It will be great to play through this fantastic and underappreciated gem again. Hopefully the remaster ends up being great, but I'll get it either way.

Such a great price point, too!

jennetics

Vienna, AUSTRIA - July 28, 2016: Today Nordic Games officially announced Darksiders Warmastered Edition coming to PC, PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U.

That's a random thing to throw in there. Wonder how much that extra set of words cost Microsoft.

Brofield

Shit, I stopped playing on 360 when I got to the final boss. I'll gladly pick it up on Wii U for $20, means I can finally play DS2 I've been sitting on for three years

TheMoon

Right, figured I should mention this here but I got into touch with THQ Nordic about Darksiders: Warmatered Edition today and I have been told that the game has been delayed to November 22.

Info has reached stores finally!

We have been informed that the release date of Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Nintendo Wii U) (Catalog Number: DARKSIDEWIIU), which you have on order with us, has been changed to 22 November 2016.
(base.com)

SilentRob

Actual mail I just got from THQ Nordic PR:

ERaZudB.png

Headser says: Finally in one Headline! Darksiders and 3
Text says: Finally together in one Headline. Darksiders and "3". THQ Nordic changes release date of three games, among them Darksiders: Warmastered Edition.

I want to be mad...but I can't, really.

thelastword

Banned
Its already confirmed to be 60fps on everything except wii u.

...unless that's what you were referring to in the first place.

Read the OP, framerate was already covered there.
The moment to moment gameplay gives me pause, I've never seen any studio describe 60fps in that way, but I'm happy at least 60 is their target. Hope they patch part 2 to reflect the heightened framerate as well......

Can't wait to see part one, I loved that game. Had to bring the game to it's knees (5fps) by causing enemies to keep on spawning in the large desert area for a particular trophy. These were the days. Can't wait to play with improved visuals at 60.. Hope it's a very solid 60fps however.....

DieH@rd

Banned
The moment to moment gameplay gives me pause, I've never seen any studio describe 60fps in that way, but I'm happy at least 60 is their target. Hope they patch part 2 to reflect the heightened framerate as well......

There is nothing strange happenig here. That "part 2" you mention are the BINK cutscenes which will 100% remain encoded at 30fps.

Meffer

Are they going to fix the audio for the dialogue in cutscenes? They're out of sync with the footage with the dialogue playing ahead. It's really glaring.

Top Bottom