• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Wii U/PS4/XBO/PC) info and screenshots

MuchoMalo

Banned
I'm guessing this is a down port of the PS4/XBOne version which I've always maintained would perform better on the Wii U hardware than trying to up port from the 360/PS3.

That's a given. Wii U, PS4 and Xbone are all GPGPU-reliant systems,while last-gen wasn't. Wii U did have some current-gen design philosophy in it, but was held back by dated hardware and power.

No, THQ sunk because of the uDraw tablet filling up warehouses and their licensed game business blowing up.

The link to the asset zip is in the PR (removed it from my quote post)
I didn't mean it was the sole part of THQ sinking, but it was definitely a large part of it.

Even with or without other examples. Nordic games has already expressed interest in continuing the series, they bought the IP and asked to bring over some of the series' devs for a reason. It's really the only obvious conclusion to remastering a game for next gen that seems to have not much more than a cult following. THQ sunk because of how much money they threw at Darksiders II (iirc like 100mil) and it didn't do them any favors. I'm sure Nordic isn't interested in making similar mistakes. So what better way to gauge interest then by remastering old games, looking at how well they're selling and then give the team a budget based off of said information.

DarkSiders II didn't sink THQ. They put a bunch of money into U-Draw and it didn't move any units. There were other games that factored into the failure, but that was the big one. Their license games also fell out due to mobile coming about.

Astral Dog

That's a given. Wii U, PS4 and Xbone are all GPGPU-reliant systems,while last-gen wasn't. Wii U did have some current-gen design philosophy in it, but was held back by dated hardware and power.

i think they should just had to release a more powerful 360 than a much more weaker Xbox ONE. it would had helped a bit. but oh well.

NX sounds like what the Wii U should have been in the first place, power wise :p

Bladelaw

I think the title is ridiculous in the best way.

Next we'll be getting the pack of Darksiders 1 and 2 "Apocalypse collection" or something. Then...maybe...just maybe we'll get Darksiders 3.

I WANT MY FUCKING PAYOFF FOR THAT COCKTEASE OF AN ENDING.

Hey I just replayed this earlier this year. Still good.

And here all I wanted was for then to take Ds2 and fix the screen tearing and framerate issues, as well as the progression bug.

I'll take this, I guess.

Darksiders 1 is a much more fun game than the actual Zelda games but I'm hesitate on buying a remake of this. Doesn't look like much was added besides some minor graphical upgrades. The 60fps is nice, though. God, Darksiders 2 was garbage...

TheMoon

Btw, I don't get why the game has a provisional PEGI 16 rating now. Darksiders was PEGI 18 (but BBFC 15 ironically).

Darksiders 1 is a much more fun game than the actual Zelda games but I'm hesitate on buying a remake of this. Doesn't look like much was added besides some minor graphical upgrades. The 60fps is nice, though. God, Darksiders 2 was garbage...

Man, I love Darksiders but that's just crazy talk lol.

Btw, I don't get why the game has a provisional PEGI 16 rating now. Darksiders was PEGI 18 (but BBFC 15 ironically).

Man, I love Darksiders but that's just crazy talk lol.

Nah, Darksiders has actual combos and a juggle system. Plus it has more movement options. It also doesn't overstay it's welcome like nearly every 3D Zelda game and doesn't treat you like a child.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So basically even the Deathinitive edition of DS II has a lot of problems on pc ánd console? Do all versions still have tearing? I remember that being an issue when I played it (and the original had it as well iirc, at least on 360)

kuYuri

So happy to hear the PC version is getting extra work. Figured as much as even Darksiders II got some fixes compared to original PC version.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
DarkSiders II didn't sink THQ. They put a bunch of money into U-Draw and it didn't move any units. There were other games that factored into the failure, but that was the big one. Their license games also fell out due to mobile coming about.

The best part about U draw was that the wii version sold something like millions and millions.
Than they decided to try the jump into the hd market for the franchise, two versions and two tablets...and...DEATHINITIVE EDITION for THQ!

Still no news about free or not for owner of the standard game?

Also hope they gonna fix auto skip cutscenes problem so i can play this time.

SeanTSC

I think I'll buy it if it has a CA toggle. Lords of the Fallen strained my eyes pretty badly trying to play it until I was able to turn that garbage off. I really loved Dark Siders 1 and I'd like to play it again, but not if some lousy effect is going to tire me out just from playing it.

I'd be extremely pleased if no one ever used a CA filter on a game again. CA has its place and uses, but not as a filter you just slap over a game.

TheMoon

anyone played the wii u version of legend of kay? how does it run? I remember reading they managed at the last minute to bump the resolution from the 720p originally planned to 900p so as its the same developer that did that port I'm cautiously optimistic of a good job being done here

update: so I just played this for over an hour (getting through the horrid tutorial) and it was buttery smooth 60fps all the way through and super clean. of course the original game is butt ugly by nature but the whole thing performed flawlessly up until now.

also, to hell with anyone ever giving TP shit for its intro. this game's intro is pure death. jesus christ it's so bad. and all that dreadful voice acting.

KevinCow

Banned
Still no news about free or not for owner of the standard game?

Also hope they gonna fix auto skip cutscenes problem so i can play this time.

Probably not.

Last time, with Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition, they gave it out to people who had bought the collection on Steam, but not people who'd bought the game individually. This led to a lot of bitching and negative Steam reviews from entitled dicks who couldn't get over how unfair it was that only some people got it for free. So it's probably better that nobody gets it free than some people getting it free and the rest feeling slighted and putting up negative reviews.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Probably not.

Last time, with Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition, they gave it out to people who had bought the collection on Steam, but not people who'd bought the game [and DLC] individually. This led to a lot of bitching and negative Steam reviews from entitled dicks who couldn't get over how unfair it was that only some people got it for free. So it's probably better that nobody gets it free than some people getting it free and the rest feeling slighted and putting up negative reviews.

That was eventually corrected.

Kaji AF16

I only played a few hours of each Darksiders game borrowing them from a friend of mine, and didn´t really like the gameplay and art style. As far as I remember, they looked and played like "Sixth Generation" (i.e., PS2) games and had already aged poorly by the time I got my hands on them (2013?). That said, I saw and heard lots of praise for the series.

Should I give them another chance?
(by borrowing them again; I would never buy this remaster)

Acorn

The best part about U draw was that the wii version sold something like millions and millions.
Than they decided to try the jump into the hd market for the franchise, two versions and two tablets...and...DEATHINITIVE EDITION for THQ!
I miss THQ

Probably not.

Last time, with Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition, they gave it out to people who had bought the collection on Steam, but not people who'd bought the game individually. This led to a lot of bitching and negative Steam reviews from entitled dicks who couldn't get over how unfair it was that only some people got it for free. So it's probably better that nobody gets it free than some people getting it free and the rest feeling slighted and putting up negative reviews.

Yeah, sadly... But this time there is no DLC. I hope atleast there will be some discount like 80%.

KevinCow

Banned
I only played a few hours of each Darksiders game borrowing them from a friend of mine, and didn´t really like the gameplay and art style. As far as I remember, they looked and played like "Sixth Generation" (i.e., PS2) games and had already aged poorly by the time I got my hands on them (2013?). That said, I saw and heard lots of praise for the series.

Should I give them another chance?
(by borrowing them again; I would never buy this remaster)

You need to go back and play some PS2 games to remind yourself what PS2 games looked like. The Darksiders games do not look like PS2 games.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Warmastered huh?

embarassed-for-u.gif
Keeping this gif alive.

sono

I have already bought darksiders 1 twice (hardcopy and digital)
and Darksiders 2 twice (ps3 and ps4)

I am up for DS1 on PS4 if the PS3 graphics got a significant boost.

Great games..

Where is 3 ?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have already bought darksiders 1 twice (hardcopy and digital)
and Darksiders 2 twice (ps3 and ps4)

I am up for DS1 on PS4 if the PS3 graphics got a significant boost.

Great games..

Where is 3 ?
This is probably being considered a fundraiser for 3.

TheMoon

You need to go back and play some PS2 games to remind yourself what PS2 games looked like. The Darksiders games do not look like PS2 games.

Remember when Wii games looked "like PS1 games?" I remember some idiot saying that specifically about Other M, one of the cleanest looking Wii games there is lol.

Just was sent a presser from one of the PR companies I deal with. Darksiders Warmastered Edition releases on October 25, 2016, will cost $19.99 and will support 4k resolution on PC.

• 4k support and additional video options for PC

KAIKO is working on the port / update.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Just was sent a presser from one of the PR companies I deal with. Darksiders Warmastered Edition releases on October 25, 2016, will cost $19.99 and will support 4k resolution on PC.

I'm confused. $19.99 for all systems or just the PC.

If all systems that is absolutely fantastic, but it worries me that it will be a terrible port.

Grief.exe

4K isn't really a feature on PC, it's standard.

I'm confused. $19.99 for all systems or just the PC.

If all systems that is absolutely fantastic, but it worries me that it will be a terrible port.

Likely all systems, with the PC version being significantly cheaper for those that already own Darksiders 1, which has ~2.5 million sales on PC.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, figured I should mention this here but I got into touch with THQ Nordic about Darksiders: Warmatered Edition today and I have been told that the game has been delayed to November 22.

Top Bottom