• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which SFV newcomer do you think will stand the test of time?

What I mean is which characters from SFV will people keep requesting in future Street Fighter games? Kind of like how people kept asking for Karin, R.Mika, Juri, Urien, etc.

Personally I think it'll be Rashid:
latest
Dude is just really unique, has a likable personality, and has a great design. Plus, he's got a fucking awesome theme. I think when/if SFVI happens people will ask for him because of his playstyle and design.

What do you guys think? Here's a list of the SFV Newcomers (so far)
and last but not least, this canadian icon:

maks

I haven't clicked with anyone new in SFV to that degree yet and I'm someone that loves it when they release new characters rather than rehash the old. I was hoping necalli would be great but the story made him such a jobber.

For SFV we got two more characters to go this season. I was a huge fan of Guy so if the rumor of his master is true then heres to hoping he is well designed. Loved Juri in SF4, thats the last great one i liked.

Kashiwaba

Rashid, I'm actually surprised capcom didn't want include him in MvC I, he is basically the most suitable SFV character for Marvel games.

NEO0MJ

Laura or rashid.

These seem like the most likely. Fang is nice but doesn't seem that popular and while Necali is played a lot competitively I don't think the general public is behind him.

Rashid, I'm actually surprised capcom didn't want include him in MvC I, he is basically the most suitable SFV character for Marvel games.

The Capcom side was even more desperate for new characters than the Marvel one.

Korigama

If defined as whom I think people would actually ask to be brought back...probably only Laura, and that still seems more like a maybe. There doesn't seem like there's been an overwhelmingly popular breakout character in SFV the same way that Juri was for the SFIV games just yet.

For the most part, I'd picture these new additions falling by the wayside much like nearly everyone introduced in IV.

Evilisk

It's probably Rashid. I don't mind any of the newcomers but he seems to be the most well liked.

Going in the other direction, I think Necalli is gonna be forgotten pretty quickly

I hope Kolin and Ed never return.

Those two are probably the most likely to return imo because of future plot reasons

Rashid, especially if he would end up having a different default costume. Way too silly/stereotyped. Still the best/most memorable newcomer design. Runner-ups are Laura and maybe Fang. Everyone else is Decapre-tier at best tbh(meaning that they have lame designs that are outclassed by other characters that look similar)

Q8D3vil

Even though Rashid default sucks (the latest sport one is amazing) I think he is the best new character so far.

Gren

I think all four of the default newbies are great & wouldn't mind seeing them return (with requisite gameplay tweaks, obviously).

I agree that Rashid, followed by Laura, seem to be the most popular design-wise.

Rashid is the best SF character Capcom's designed this century. Abigail's a lovable scamp too.

Hopefully Necalli gets trashed and never spoken of after V.

tribal24

Banned
Rashid, Laura, Fang will be main stays for sure. Kolin doesn't count lol she was a mainstay in SF3 even though she wasnt playable then. I think Menat has a chance just because affiliation with Rose.

TheYanger

Kolin legit looks like a random background npc in any other game. I think she's really cool (no pun intended) and don't evne hate the look, but jesus it's generic as fuck.

Rashid, Laura, Fang will be main stays for sure. Kolin doesn't count lol she was a mainstay in SF3 even though she wasnt playable then. I think Menat has a chance just because affiliation with Rose.

I think our definitions of mainstay differ greatly.

I'd say Rashid, Laura, and maybe Fang are the most likely to pop back up, with an edge given to Laura. Rashid
o
's really cool, though, and my favorite new SF character in a long time.

FSLink

Banned
Huh, I had no idea people actually like Fang. Dont really see him used much.
He's not used much because he has a weird playstyle that is hard to use and he isn't very great.
But people like him, I think a lot of people tried him out.

Kolin legit looks like a random background npc in any other game. I think she's really cool (no pun intended) and don't evne hate the look, but jesus it's generic as fuck.

I mean she was literally a background NPC in Third Strike so....yeah.

Aenima

Since the SV5 Beta that i only play with Rashid, and i usually only like the classic characters from SFII. So yeah, to me Rashidoooo.

TheYanger

He's not used much because he has a weird playstyle that is hard to use and he isn't very great.

She was, but they didn't go wtih that design. Literally all they did was make her a blonde woman. That was their only actual limitation.

lupinko

No, he's not used much because he sucks, that's about it.

When the best Fang player (Xian) drops him for Ibuki because the player is tired of losing says a lot about Fang.

She was, but they didn't go wtih that design. Literally all they did was make her a blonde woman. That was their only actual limitation.

Her SF3 costume and design is in the game as premium dlc.

Business

I think our definitions of mainstay differ greatly.

Agreed on Kolin and I would put Ed in the same bin. Rashid as well but mainly because of the super stereotype outfit.

Cepheus

Laura.

Ed has that Hitler Youth aesthetic going on and that makes me uncomfortable.

Rashid, Kolin and Necalli are forgettable.

Abigail is a bit too ridiculous. He'll end up like Sodom.

FSLink

Banned
No, he's not used much because he sucks, that's about it.

When the best Fang player (Xian) drops him for Ibuki because the player is tired of losing says a lot about Fang.

Her SF3 costume and design is in the game as premium dlc.
I'm well aware. I keep up with competitive SF. But I think it's a combination of an unorthodox playstyle and that he sucks competitively.

I think Laura, FANG, and Rashid will probably end up well loved in the future, even though FANG isn't all that popular now.

I kinda want Abigail to stick around though, simply because of the apocalyptic levels of salt Gaf threw around when he was announced.

JusDoIt

All of them so far. They've all been great additions to the series in my opinion. Rashid and Laura are two of my favorite characters in the entire series. Necalli is probably the least interesting newcomer, in my opinion, but even he's very iconic and popular.

Moaradin

I think Laura, FANG, and Rashid will probably end up well loved in the future, even though FANG isn't all that popular now.

I kinda want Abigail to stick around though, simply because of the apocalyptic levels of salt Gaf threw around when he was announced.

FANG got quite a bit of hate when he was first announced as well. I can already see a lot of people turning around on Abigail.

Top Bottom