• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which SFV newcomer do you think will stand the test of time?

Ivan 3414

Laura and Rashid will be back. Kolin and Ed are okay but their designs and personalities are pretty generic. SFV is Necalli and Abigail's last game.

You guys have to be joking with the FANG votes lol. Easily the worst design (well, until Abigail) plus he isn't popular. He won't be back.

Rashid is the standout character of SFV, and it's obvious they're setting up Ed for something huge, though exactly what is unknown.

Necalli is like Seth in that he's just SFV's plot device and only existed to replace Akuma, except now we have Akuma to he's useless.

This is the order in which I expect them to return.

-Rashid (fan fave, has SFII aesthetic)

-Ed (you can see what they're doing from a mile away)

-Menat (based on what little we know about her she might be important, plus her design seems like it'll be very popular)

-Kolin (especially if they make more Illuminati-focused games)

-FANG (if they continue the Shadaloo plotline)

-Laura (has nothing of note to her character that makes her particularly interesting, other girls are def higher priority)

-Zeku (can't see them ditching Guy for him permanently)

-Abigail (controversial character that fills this game's "yuge dude" niche)

-Necalli (plot device that has fulfilled its purpose)

yurinka

I think players will ask to bring back Laura and Rashid.

Not sure if Capcom will bring them back, but I think Capcom will repeat with Ed and Kolin. I think Ed will be the final boss in SFVI as boss of the new Shadaloo, but he may already have this role in SFV arcade mode or SFV cinematic story mode Vol 2. Due to her role with Illuminatti, I think Kolin will be back too.

I think Ed's team members who appear in his story prologue may be future SFV or SFVI characters too. I'd like to them joining him as the new 4 Heavenly Kings of Shadaloo in SFV or SFVI arcade mode.

And since she seems closely tied to Ed, I think Menat will be back too. Something I wellcome because her design seems to be very cool.

why usb everyone saying Fang? lol

this character is horrible..and i don't mean play style. his obsession with being number 2 is nothing special.

i would say rashid,laura,and kolin since she is tied to urien and gill..and you can never get enough of the ladiesssssss

Step back, F.A.N.G haters.

kgP0xXa_d.jpg

kunonabi

Rashid and F.A.N.G. are the only worthwhile newcomers so far but F.A.N.G. seems fairly unpopular so it's really just Rashid that has lasting appeal. Hopefully Menat turns out well.

HotHamBoy

They are either really bland and boring or Rufus-tier lame.

I think it will be Laura because of the need to sell DLC costumes.

Sayad

Kolin and ED have plot armor to keep them in the mix, which is nice because Kolin is the best new "playable" SF character since 3s.

HardRojo

Rashid for sure. Dude's likable and his playstyle can be tweaked for future games, plus he kind of acted as the main character in the Story mode. Laura too, probably, even though I don't want to see her again and hate playing against her.
Would love to see more Abigail in the future, but I know SFV will be his first and last SF game.

The Necalli slander in here is outrageous.
They squandered whatever potential Necalli had as a character in the Story mode. He was like the Joker in Suicide Squad, he could've been a no show and the plot would've remained the same. He might come back for gameplay reasons, as he's a very straightforward character, but I don't know about the rest.

To think I've defended your FANG devotion in the past. This is how you repay such charitable actions?
He had the potential to be more memorable but they dropped the ball by just having him be Broly-esque "Powerful savage who mindlessly destroys".

Perhaps if it was like an Avatar:The Last Airbender thing where he gained access to the knowledge and experience of all the souls he's eaten leading to him becoming an incredibly well-spoken and competent fighter while in V-Trigger. But nah, he's just more powerful and he glows.

He had the potential to be more memorable but they dropped the ball by just having him be Broly-esque "Savage who mindlessly destroys".
I see your true colors now.

They squandered whatever potential Necalli had as a character in the Story mode. He was like the Joker in Suicide Squad, he could've been a no show and the plot would've remained the same. He might come back for gameplay reasons, as he's a very straightforward character, but I don't know about the rest.
You could say that about 90% of the characters in the story mode. Almost everyone acts like a complete idiot.

Necalli got hosed in the story mode. That much is obvious. But when it comes to design, he is easily the strongest of the SFV newcomers IMO. And his backstory actually has potential to be interesting if utilized properly.

Village

Everyone But Fang

I think laura might have some trouble, she seems like a character people will retroactively hate more.

Other that, yeah I can see all of them coming back. Well accept abigail

I-hate-u

It's funny how despite Necalli has been heavily pushed in the marketing of this game, he amounts to nothing in the story mode.

An argument can be made that Rashid is the main character of SFV. It's him.

Village

See me for what I truly am. A FANG main.

Oh yeah? Well... I hope Red Hood NEVER makes it into IJ2.

wait

I don't hate fang, He doesn't actively offend me like rufus, but no one else likes him. Its like your beef with necalli , you don't like him, but he's a cool guy who yells and goes super saiyan, and people like that.

Sometimes you gotta separate your desire or disdain from the general audiences. I definitely wanted MODOK back for marvel infnite. I'm like 1 of 5 people who want that

It's funny how despite Necalli has been heavily pushed in the marketing of this game, he
amounts to nothing in the story mode.

Rumor mill is, there is a 2nd story mode.

He might actually do a thing in that.

Though TBH the main character of that one might be ED

See me for what I truly am. A FANG main.
I designed a damn swimsuit for FANG, because I think all the dudes in SFV need more attention. A SWIMSUIT. One that actually works with his grotesque body shape and horrifying tumour hands that shoot freaking poisonous Jell-O shots or whatever.

And this is the thanks I get. Can't even get some support for some decent gay eye candy while we drown in a see of bikinis, faux thongs and endless waifu favoritism.

I designed a damn swimsuit for FANG, because I think all the dudes in SFV need more attention. A SWIMSUIT. One that actually works with his grotesque body shape and horrifying tumour hands that shoot freaking poisonous Jell-O shots or whatever.

And this is the thanks I get. Can't even get some support for some decent gay eye candy while we drown in a see of bikinis, faux thongs and endless waifu favoritism.
You got Ed, Urien, Ryu, Alex. What more do you want?

You don't have to starve like us FANG mains do, you don't have to beg and grovel. You have a life of luxury with all the naked torsos and thongs and sexy beards available to you.

necalli is the worst and dumbest character capcom has ever made.

laura is the best and smartest character capcom has ever made.

put_laura_in_mvcI

MechaX

Rashid is definitely first, with Laura a close second.

Ed and Kolin may stay around for story reasons, but everyone else though...

I-hate-u

I don't hate fang, He doesn't actively offend me like rufus, but no one else likes him. Its like your beef with necalli , you don't like him, but he's a cool guy who yells and goes super saiyan, and people like that.

Sometimes you gotta separate your desire or disdain from the general audiences. I definitely wanted MODOK back for marvel infnite. I'm like 1 of 5 people who want that

Rumor mill is, there is a 2nd story mode.

He might actually do a thing in that.

Though TBH the main character of that one might be ED

Is this also part of the same rumor that SSFV is coming?

You don't have to starve like us FANG mains do, you don't have to beg and grovel. You have a life of luxury with all the naked torsos and thongs and sexy beards available to you.
Believe me, I've starved enough for a lifetime. I have to claw and scrape for everything in this straight circus called gaming. That's why we need to stick together. Who else was caping for that toxic scarecrow? Before someone left the gas on in this thread and people started feverishly raving about him, I hoisted him up. Eventually someone will open a window and sanity will flow back in. People will forget about that one unholy thread, on the eve of the eclipse, when demons roamed the Earth and FANG had a defence squad. But I won't forget how you threw Necalli under the bus.

Village

Is this also part of the same rumor that SSFV is coming?

IIRC is was with the rumor with the new outfits, those new outfits hadn't released so no one believed it. Now that it is, people are a little more warm on the rumor. IIRC its the one that had multiple game modes that were going to be put in the game. A second story was one of them.

Believe me, I've starved enough for a lifetime. I have to claw and scrape for everything in this straight circus called gaming. That's why we need to stick together. Who else was caping for that toxic scarecrow? Before someone left the gas on in this thread and people started feverishly raving about him, I hoisted him up. Eventually someone will open a window and sanity will flow back in. People will forget about that one unholy thread, on the eve of the eclipse, when demons roamed the Earth and FANG had a defence squad. But I won't forget how you threw Necalli under the bus.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NEO0MJ

You got Ed, Urien, Ryu, Alex. What more do you want?

Jesus. Just make out already and get it out of your system.

Personalitywise I like Rashid, Laura, Kolin and Abigail.

Gameplaywise they're all vastly inferior to the likes of Chun Li or Ibuki. Hopefully Zeku has a good moveset.

george_us

Laura rocks. Love her play style and I mostly love her look. If she had a sports bra her default and battle outfits would be amazing. Rashid is also super cool although fighting against him is annoying as shit. Kolin is pretty cool too.

Top Bottom