• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Open beta PVP now available to download (Don't need base game)

Can't wait to get home and try this out!

I fear its a little too late.. but maybe it'll get all those GRW players back in action!

Enjoyed the game. But I don't think that PvP is fun without leaning/peaking while aiming. That's the only feature I wish the game had.

Ashtar

Haven't even finished the first game but it's pretty damn fun so far, gonna eat some breakfast and shower than I'll start streaming

OldMuffin

Hope a proper objective based mode comes to this, cause this type of gameplay tends to work best with that kind of set up.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Gonna give this a shot, but I can't help but think it is a missed opportunity in a post PUBG world.

Everdred

Played until I hit level 9, love it. Very tense and lots of people using microphones on Xbox. Gave me old school Recon vibes.

I want this to be successful but as a late add on I dont know if it will be.

Will they sell the Mp separate? If you guys are conparing it to socom and last of us... Im super pumped up

Psykotik

Don't you say that. If I get home and you got my hopes up for nothing... Lol

lol. let me know how it goes for you. i definitely felt the socom in this game mode. there's no respawning, but you can get revived by your buddies if you're down but not out. it's best of 3 rounds in this beta.

hoping the full game has more than just 4v4 pvp. and bigger sized maps.

Played a few games, enjoying it so far. It dunno if this makes sense but it reminds me so much of the last of us mp, I just get the same tense feelings when I'm tiptoeing to revive someone.

My only issue is it is taking me a while to find a match sometimes. This game sold millions, thought more people would have jumped on the beta.

Gonna play more In a couple of hours, can't wait.

nOoblet16

Doing a Battle Royale mode seems like a no brainer for Wildlands and I am pretty sure that Uni is already looking into it considering the game seems to be a perfect fit for it.

However the biggest challenge would be networking, they'd have to figure out a way to get 25-50 players in a match otherwise it won't really be fun.

Hip Hop

It's fun but I'm not doing this "one life" thing.

I want Team Deathmatch to be on here.

Sad because the mechanics and gameplay are really nice.

Damn I spent the entire afternoon downloading the regular game's demo. Is KOZ VMC the PVP Download because I'm at 50% for whatever that is.

Snoopycat

Banned
It's fun but I'm not doing this "one life" thing.

I want Team Deathmatch to be on here.

Sad because the mechanics and gameplay are really nice.

Your team mates can heal you. Unfortunately because it's an open beta a lot of players probably won't know they can do this, or even bother helping their team.

I have only played a few rounds but it's around that feeling.

Its got the vibes but it is janky.

Cheers, I have set it downloading on my PS4 while I am at work. Not got much else even close to that SOCOM game type since 3rd person shooters died a death.

Foxxsoxx

Cheers, I have set it downloading on my PS4 while I am at work. Not got much else even close to that SOCOM game type since 3rd person shooters died a death.

It's got the kind of movement down pat but honestly I fully expect the PVP to die.

Unfortunately there is way too much downtime and the matchmaking and load times are horrendously long. It's a great concept gameplay wise but it's going to die with the matchmaking being the way it is. It's pretty obvious this was half assed in terms of quality control.

For example it just took me a minute to register pressing x to go into quick play.

A minute. To switch menus.

I can already see the droning class being way too useful, enemy position is just way more important than anything else

I just wish this had more production value.

Top Bottom