• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft+ For Xbox Leaked, 60+ Games Included (See List Inside)

I really hate what Assassins creed has become. I doubt I’d sign up to this.
The old games were getting long in the tooth and I liked what they did with Origins, that change made the game feel fresh again -- but Ubisoft really beats a dead fucking horse and now the series feels stale and uninspired again. It was a slog to beat the last half of Valhalla, Far Cry 6 was so uninspired I took several month long breaks in between sessions before begrudgingly beating it.

They are talented devs with a lot of good ideas but all their games end up being just another flavor the same concept.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Another £12+ a month subscription? No thanks.

Also that list just reads like any store sale, January sale, summer sale, Easter sale, bank holiday sale, Halloween sale, Black Friday sale etc, etc...

Last edited:
What would make sense is a stepped plan like EA has on PC. “Free” Tier in GP, basically what we have now, a step up tier in GPU, which is the same idea as ea access, ie all games guaranteed 6-12 months after launch, plus full bc catalogue. Then an optional paid tier above that that gives games day and date, plus dlc, for say an extra 10$ a month.

That would be a good option. I'm wondering, if Microsoft are considering a tier restructure (along with a price increase through new tiers) with Game Pass, if they do something with Ubisoft to integrated Ubisoft+ into those higher-priced, premium tiers.

Could work.

I was subbed to it on Stadia and they fully refunded it when it went down the crapper.

You should probably thank Google for that one

Alx

It’s not a bad list actually, even if it shows Ubi’s sequelitis. Also I guess people who like their games already own/played most of those (that’s me anyway)
Funny how they kept the Kinect games, I doubt many people are still able to play those (I do but I own the games anyway)
Edit - and no Just Dance ? That’s cheap…

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
We have Ea play on Xbox, but i can't find Ea play Pro? Is it only on pc?

I guess it would be the same with Ubisoft+. We will get some basic Ubisoft games with a gamepass and all the new games are 14.99 a month extra.

Andodalf

Banned
That would be a good option. I'm wondering, if Microsoft are considering a tier restructure (along with a price increase through new tiers) with Game Pass, if they do something with Ubisoft to integrated Ubisoft+ into those higher-priced, premium tiers.

Could work.

You should probably thank Google for that one
I think that could be how things go down. Hey here’s Ubi+, there’s a 5$ and 15$ tier, and btw GPU costs 5$ more and includes the 5$ tier

Interfectum

Ubisoft+

jurassic park deal with it GIF

i mean, hasn't everyone who isn't very young / new to gaming already bought/played whichever of these games they were interested in? how exciting can this list be for most of us?...

i mean, hasn't everyone who isn't very young / new to gaming already bought/played whichever of these games they were interested in? how exciting can this list be for most of us?...
That’s how I felt when every Ubisoft game started coming to PS+ extra, great for those who haven’t played them but if you’ve been around and had any interest in them, you’ve played the majority of them by now especially since they usually go on sale for such a low price.

xrnzaaas

Their offering keeps getting worse over time... you can buy their older games for next to nothing (or you already got them for free) and they're not releasing that many new games anymore (especially smalle titles like Rayman or Child of Light which is a damn shame).

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Wow, looking at that list I just realized I buy a ton of Ubisoft games. I would have to hold off for 5 years for that subscription service to be of any benefit to me.

RafterXL

I'm actually an unapologetic Ubisoft games fan, and even with that this list doesn't even get a rise out of me. Almost anyone who wants to play these games has probably purchased them. On top of that they go on sale so often, and for so cheap, you could own every game worth playing on that list for less than a years sub.

Bragr

Banned
I guess it's gonna be like the EA thing, where you have to open the shitty EA app every time you play the game.

But still, this is a serious list with some big games to add to Game Pass.

While I really like Ubisoft games, I wouldn’t subscribe to this. The games go on sale for cheap and they will each last you a long time. Maybe a month long sub to play a new release but that’s it.

Laptop1991

I wonder if this is why Ubisoft tried to stop their games working on older Windows all last year using connect, they silently backtracked in December after a lot of complaint's and threat's to sue them, i knew it was MS in the background lol, they didn't even admit it for 3 months!.

Fredrik

I thought this was already available on Xbox. Not interesting anyway if they keep the pricing from PC, it’s just one developer, they’re making lots of different games but I would never pay $15/month to have access to them. Could be useful for a month or two when a new AC drops though.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I guess it's gonna be like the EA thing, where you have to open the shitty EA app every time you play the game.

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft said its not going to be included with GamePass, you will have to pony up for an extra sub.

Quantum253

I like Ubisoft. Do I like Ubisoft enough for a service subscription. Probably not. How are subscription services going to work when most the games in the subscription require another level of subscription (i.e. battlepass, season pass, etc.).

Before it was game > DLC if you were interested. It's turning into 3 tier subscription levels for a company/game.

The time of industry leading innovations and industry changing reveals is almost upon us and all I can think of is Regis' 2006 quote:

"The graveyard of any industry is filled with the headstones of companies who decided to keep doing things the same old way. Playing only on the margin, making things just a little bit better. That strategy works…. for a while, but ultimately it's fatal."

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
y'all need to stop reading the headline as game pass, it just says xbox; ubi+ wasn't available on xbox, this is just bringing the service to the platform, not making it part of game pass.

mg4AIoG.png

Sounds like they'll probably just be adding the Xbox to their "Multi-access" tier. Luna doesn't have the "100+ games", only a handful like OPs list.
Wow 18 bucks a month. That’s a yearly average of buying 3 full 70 bucks games. Ubisoft doesn’t even release that amount of AAA titles a year anymore. This is a losing deal for the customer 🥹.

Now maybe if it’d be 5 bucks a month, it could be fun to subscribe for a few months but my god that 18 bucks is steep.

That’s more than both Gamepass and PS plus Premium lol, and both those services are far superior to this.

It blows my mind that none of the old games on these services are patched for 4k/60 on console. Especially here where they're charging $18/month? These publishers are so lazy/stingy. Really what it is though is publishers treat console owners like shit because they can get away with it. Console gamers have been trained to accept low standards over the years. We are these companies cash cows.

I've been hoping that with all these services popping up that pubs would want their libraries to be in good shape for modern TV's and hardware yet next gen updates are still so rare whether it's GamePass, EA play, or Ubisofts service. It's like, you want your service to be attractive right? Keep in mind 360/ps3 era games make up a decent size of a lot of these things.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
It just doesnt work. UBI do have some truly bone headed ideas. Most people have or have played their games and they dont really have anything brilliant on the horizon. It's just not viable

Seems like a last grasp from a company shitting the bed.

ClosBSAS

lmao, not even worth it. ubisoft games are just so bad now. ac unity was their last good game and ac2 was their last great game.

Top Bottom