• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Butler becomes Vice President of betrayal in new commercial

patsu

First MS took Phil Harrison, the modern day Longinus. No employee was more batshit for Sony.

Now Nintendo have taken Kevin butler.

The circle is complete.

notcrying2fnc7m.gif

Ed Fries joined SOE in 2005 (via FireAnt I think). People just didn't make any big deal out of it.

I'm guessing a lot of mid and working level people move between these 3 companies.

Sony does have to think of its new marketing campaign for this fall though. Kevin Butler's fictitious Sony VP won't work for casual gamers. Their Disney association with Wonderbook may be more effective, depending on the actual contents.

NeoGAF success doesn't equal sales success. Kevin Butler hasn't been in a commercial since like what, Resistance 3? Sony also changed marketing firms too.

07-minister.jpg

Yeah of course it doesn't mean anything sales wise and he's "just" a marketing actor, but he was THE face of PS3 in America. So yeah, it's a big deal from an ad perspective.

Were the KB ads ever particularly effective? I always thought they came off as though they were intended less to sell PlayStation products and more to reaffirm the platform preference of Sony's existing fans, but maybe it was just me.

Are people seriously arguing the Sony should have kept an actor on the payroll, and stopped him from appearing in other adverts, because certain people can't distinguish reality from fiction?

demigod

Sony sucks!!! I actually liked Kevin Butler's commercials. First they lost Crash Bandicoot, now they lose Kevin Butler. Yeah Marcus is next.

Holy Wars

Banned
Are you seriously denying Kevin Butler's success with the campaign?

Yeah. He's been the "face" of PS3 during a time when it's been the third choice console in the territory he's being used in. In what way is he successful? Because some fanboys take it all seriously and jerk off to his commercials?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
/can't separate the joke posts from the real ones thinking he was a genuine Sony employee.

Staying for the Peter Moore/Phil Harrison pics :D

Hyuga

Banned
Sony sucks!!! I actually liked Kevin Butler's commercials. First they lost Crash Bandicoot, now they lose Kevin Butler. Yeah Marcus is next.

They didn't lose Crash, because they never had/owned it.
It always belonged to Vivendi Universal.

Top Bottom